insulin spike on no carb day

nonidentity

Awards
  • Established
I do my insulin spikes with a 3 to 1 ratio of maltodextrin + dextrose to whey protein isolate.

my question is should I do the carbs anyway on no carb day "carb cycling"? I figure if it's a post workout shake then the benefits of ketosis have already been reaped during the workout and there are no additional benefits to depriving my body.
plus I think the insulin spike would force feed the muscle and help protect against muscle loss right?

the workout is later in the day so i have been ketogenic since morning and through the whole workout. thanks for any advice!!

nonidentity

Awards
  • Established
really? know one has any suggestions on this? I guess some of these guys are too focused on the anabolics forum and forget the nutrition forum...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
really? know one has any suggestions on this? I guess some of these guys are too focused on the anabolics forum and forget the nutrition forum...
You always get a lot more views in the anabolics and supplement section!

For what it is worth, here is my policy.

If you are lean and are having carbs in your post workout shake then you do it after every workout, regardless of carb cycle.
If you aren't lean, trying to lose fat and are carb cycling then you use glutamine and glycine instead of simple carb sources post workout, regardless of your carb cycle.

I hope this is helpful. If you have a question on anabolics or supplements I am sure dozens of people will help you out! :)

nonidentity

Awards
  • Established
well i'm not chubby, not real lean.. I have no problem going down to about 14% bf and thats about where i am now. I can see the outline of my abs but not really a lot of definition.