1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Green tea(drink or pill)

i been dieting and doing cardio for a couple weeks now and dropped a good 6lbs. Im sick of drinking black coffee for energy and my buddy told me that he took green tea for energy and it help him lose more weight. Now im thinking about taking it to boost my metabolism and give me some energy. What would be better, take green tea caps or drink it from the packet? and how much green tea would u need in a day?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

bump
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.89%

I think caps are better, because you know exactly how much you get.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.9%

You should know how much youre getting from a drink too, especially if you aren't brewing it fresh. You might want to use a drink in the morning just so you can have what you are used to, a hot beverage to get you going in the morning. The caps probably pack more of a punch tho.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

think ill just go with both. morning hav a cup and afternoon before workout ill hav a cup and take one 500mg cap of green tea. im just sick of coffee since i dont put sugar or milk in it
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.9%

Quote Originally Posted by phatmike0704 View Post
    think ill just go with both. morning hav a cup and afternoon before workout ill hav a cup and take one 500mg cap of green tea. im just sick of coffee since i dont put sugar or milk in it
    I'm a sweet and low fan. I know the prostate hype with the stuff but.... im already probly going to have prostate problems, right? lol.

Anyway, the AM cup and afternoon dosing sounds good.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    I'm a sweet and low fan. I know the prostate hype with the stuff but.... im already probly going to have prostate problems, right? lol.

Anyway, the AM cup and afternoon dosing sounds good.
    Eh, i dont think ull get prostate problems. Everything has possible side effects and most of the time no one gets them. I been drinkin my diet soda my whole life and my kidneys are in great and i drink atleast 3 diet sodas a day, well until a couple weeks ago since the diet plan lol. I wanna add sugar but i always regret it
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Go with the pills, just make sure they're potent and high on the EGCG content. NOW brand is my preference for green tea extract. Solid and cheap supplement with good health benefits !
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.9%

Eh, i dont think ull get prostate problems. Everything has possible side effects and most of the time no one gets them. I been drinkin my diet soda my whole life and my kidneys are in great and i drink atleast 3 diet sodas a day, well until a couple weeks ago since the diet plan lol. I wanna add sugar but i always regret it
    yeah i meant the prostate problems were probably from other bad things, i.e. the things we talk about in other parts of this forum.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

lmao this could be true
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Go with the pills, just make sure they're potent and high on the EGCG content. NOW brand is my preference for green tea extract. Solid and cheap supplement with good health benefits !
    I agree with this. You can buy a bottle of Now EGCG 180 caps for around $13, and it's 45%EGCG.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I always like pill form because it is so convenient. I have used Prima Force's Lean Green and Primordials Green Tea Caps. Loved them both.

...or just get some 1,3-dimethylamylamine caps and really wake up lol.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.08%

I take enough pills as it is so I like to drink my green tea. I used to buy caps, break one open and put the powder in my water. Takes about 30 secs. to make. Now I'm buying the NP bulk green tea extract. Still very convenient. Lately I've been mixing in a little bit of lemon flavored BCAA in with my green tea.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  75 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

yes green tea better as slower wait lose agent but it not work fast like pills if u want lose wait fast then you use pills.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.28%

I wouldn't use the pills just because I'd be wary that your body might not be absorbing the extract.

I'd do it the old fashioned way and make some hot green tea to be on the safe side.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.87%

Quote Originally Posted by VeganMike View Post
    I wouldn't use the pills just because I'd be wary that your body might not be absorbing the extract.

I'd do it the old fashioned way and make some hot green tea to be on the safe side.
    Gelatin capsules dissolve within minutes, so there's no real concern about absorption from the capsules.
  17. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

i been dieting and doing cardio for a couple weeks now and dropped a good 6lbs. Im sick of drinking black coffee for energy and my buddy told me that he took green tea for energy and it help him lose more weight. Now im thinking about taking it to boost my metabolism and give me some energy. What would be better, take green tea caps or drink it from the packet? and how much green tea would u need in a day?
    I've been drinking Green Tea for a long time - I always have a cup first thing in the morning (generally ~60 minute pre-training) and another after one of my evening meals.

Using Green Tea caps can be more convenient, especially since you don't have to wait for it to brew and then drink it.

I also use supplements that contain Green Tea in them.

At the end of the day, what form of Green Tea you use, and how much you use is up to you.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Green Tea you use, and how much you use is up to you.

~Rosie~

Very true.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.2%

I love to drink green tea.I usually drink 3 cup of green tea in a per day.Do not use supplement.Use caps instead of using Supplements.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.26%

Do this. Brew up about 8 tea bags in a jug. Let it sit over night. In the morning, top up the jug with water to make about 2 litres. Refrigerate and then drink it throughout the day. Easy.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.99%

OK, Im gonna throw my hat in here with I bet the dumbest question in a long time, but, my green tea I get has always been decaffeinated. So, if I switch the the green tea pills (Weider brand) do they contain caffeine? Someone mentioned above using the pills as a 'boost'.
  22. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by imjuschillin View Post
    OK, Im gonna throw my hat in here with I bet the dumbest question in a long time, but, my green tea I get has always been decaffeinated. So, if I switch the the green tea pills (Weider brand) do they contain caffeine? Someone mentioned above using the pills as a 'boost'.
    Yes, Green Tea Extract contains caffeine (unless is says that it is decaffeinated) - it will say on the product label how much caffeine is in a serving (usually 1-2 caps).

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.86%

just do both, lol. I drink about 36 oz of green tea along with 1 cap 3x a day and it does make a difference. Just try it. If its works, keep it going, its cheap enough. If not, oh well
    Applied Nutriceuticals Lipotrophin-AM/PM Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/173270-japs-cuttin-summer.html#post2832457
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.81%

Green tea can make wonders as long as a healthy diet and a balanced lifestyle are followed. Keep your body hydrated and eat lots of fruits and vegetables to compensate on the minerals and vitamins essential to the body. Practice yoga and meditation to keep your mind and body healthy. Never skip your regular food for tea. Tea is not a compensation for your daily food intake. Keep a track of any body changes, be it weight loss or other reaction in the body. Never drink any slimming tea in excess expecting instant weight loss. Follow the directions properly or consult the doctor.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.17%

I go for the pills due to convenience. However I love green tea and try to drink it when I have time. Especially when eating Chinese food or food heavy with oil.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.39%

What's been working for me is 500mg green tea extact in 5g leucine with 5drops of stevia taste is ok but remember if it taste to good its more then likelynot good for ya.I only do this for fasted cardio.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.5%

Uhh, tea. Nothing is going to beat out the anti-oxidants and other health benefits of tea and the different types of tea like Oolong, White, Green, Black, Herbal, Rooibos, etc. I've always been a huge proponent of tea and it has paid dividends. I can't attest for tea pills or whatever, but I can account for the amazing benefits and overall satisfaction from REAL tea (I'm not talking about the crap in the great value wal-mart section).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 06:03 PM
  2. Drink green tea and live longer.
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 12:43 AM
  3. Green Tea Powder - can it be mixed to drink?
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 11:30 AM
  4. Best Recovery drink/pill?
    By flobot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 09:40 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 06:02 PM