Low Carb Beer

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure somebody can help me out with this one. I'm not from the states and I'm heading down in a couple weeks for vacation. I'm inevitably going to have a few beers...

What's the best low carb beer I can get in California? By low carb I mean 2.5 grams per bottle, not light beer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol has ~7kcal per gram. I wouldn't concentrate on low-carb beer. It's the alcohol that adds calories.

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
I'm well aware of that, the alcohol I want, the carbs I do not want.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
I'm well aware of that, the alcohol I want, the carbs I do not want.
That makes no sense. You do know alcohol is a carbohydrate derivative, right?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOL Just drink whatever your favorite is. Ha Its a vacation. I personally don't like the taste of any of the low carb beers. If I had to pick I guess michelob. I think its called ultra.

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
That makes no sense. You do know alcohol is a carbohydrate derivative, right?
Yes, thanks. I'm just asking for a low-carb beer. The logic is this: I am going to consume beer on my vacation regardless. I would prefer to drink a 70 cal low carb beer as opposed to a 145 cal regular beer. In the end it may not be much of a difference but it'll make me feel better.

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
LOL Just drink whatever your favorite is. Ha Its a vacation. I personally don't like the taste of any of the low carb beers. If I had to pick I guess michelob. I think its called ultra.
Thank you

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Why? Are you on some Carb restricted diet and trying to maintain ketosis (ie Atkins) ???

If not, simply count your calories. The best rated beer for taste versus calories (men's health magazine ranked them) is guinness draught (not the bottle stout).

If you dont care about taste, wear panties, and sleep with your mother; then any light beer will do. Just reporting the facts.............................

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
but beer will also get u bloated. i say just stick with hard liquor. i stopped drinkin beer and moved to the captain :)

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A. Lot of sugar in captain morgan, or any other spiced rum.

B. Lo-Carb beers are generally light beers. They also contain less alcohol. Thus, to get buzzed (which I'm assuming is the goal) you will have to drink more, and in the long run probably consume a similar amount of carbohydrates.

C. If you are concerned about carbohydrates and calories, drink a clear unflavored alchohol (bacardi, vodka, gin) with a calorie free mixer (soda water, diet coke, olive juice..mm dirty martini, etc.). The only calories you get will be from the alcohol.

Br

VeganMike

Awards
I really like Miller lite or even Guinness as it is naturally low in carbs.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
bud select is one of the lowest i found.. tastes good too

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why not take some stims and a NO booster and hit the pub on a nearly empty stomach after a good workout and just slam a couple irish car bombs?