feeling cold on my diet

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.98%

feeling cold on my diet

hi ya'll over the last couple of days my cutting diet has gone disaterously wrong but i thought ya know nothing of value comes easy so i would stick at it and now i have this cold feeling mainly in my head its like my body has shut down. i have had stop my diet and start on the carbs again

my current diet was atkins diet just fat and protein does anyone else have or had similar experiences thanks

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hiphop
    hi ya'll over the last couple of days my cutting diet has gone disaterously wrong but i thought ya know nothing of value comes easy so i would stick at it and now i have this cold feeling mainly in my head its like my body has shut down. i have had stop my diet and start on the carbs again

my current diet was atkins diet just fat and protein does anyone else have or had similar experiences thanks
    Carbs as well as protein and fat have a thermic value witch means it requires energy to process. By eliminating carbs, you are eliminating a primary source of energy. Also, Carbs cause your body to release epinepherine witch creates a warming sensation in your body.Lastly, No doubt you are creating an energy deficit witch causes your metabolism(mainly thyroid levels) to drop. This can also lead to a drop in body temp. Sounds like you need to reasess your diet. Mabey add in some carbs instaed if completly eliminating them. I'm sure others have more to offer.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Umm...it goes a bit further then that. If you have been doing a straight atkins diet, your thyroid levels have dropped as well as leptin due to the lack of carbs for so long. Looks like your in need of a refeed.
    65/25/10 C/P/F for 1-1.5 days. At maintenance or 500 cals above maintenance should treat ya right.
    •   

4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Thyroid levels drop mainly because of overall calories.

It your levels have dropped significiantly, it will take much longer than 1-1.5 days to get levels back to normal.

My question is, why are you doing atkins if your weight training? Its a bad mix.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.98%

thanks i had only been on the atkins for about 5 days when it started initialy and now is my seventh although i have stopped it had a little binge and a beer due to the euro footie being on .

But i was trying to cutt i was going to do atkins diet for 3 weeks and then hit the mass gaining for a month or 2 and then cut for a couple of weeks. The main reason was i had a bit of flab around my belly my 6 pack had totally disappeared and some of my jeans even failed to fit and i had to walk around witha couple of buttons undone although my weight and strength was up significantly since i first started about 6 months ago i defaintely wanted my waist back.

but the main reason why this diet went totaly wrong was my work its real hard to sneek in little 5 min meals and it just went downhill from there missing 1 meal and then 2 and 3 and so on.

thanks for your repllies guys its much appreciated im going to quit the body building for the moment just to much to deal with work im lloking for a new job anyway my work is blatently racist but i cant just quit into unemployment but i will definately seek advice before hitting a cutting diet again

Similar Forum Threads

1. Conments on my diet
    By oshraskin in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 10:38 AM
  2. Thoughts on my diet please
    By heydarecarlos in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 04:29 PM
  3. tips on my diet plz
    By kreature in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3