Enough Is Enough

mpd78

Awards
I am finally swallowing my pride in regard to my diet(ha). I eat clean but i still cannot drop fat at the rate that i should be. HELPPPP!!!

I am coming up on an Epi-Clen cycle and I want my diet to be absolutely on point during the cycle. My goal is to recomp.

I'm 6'3 and weigh 228 lbs. I have a pretty good amount of muscle that I have built up over my years of lifting and i would love to hold onto it.

my diet consists of, eggs/whites, chicken breast, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, salad, lean beef, almonds and protein powder.

I try to get around 300 grams of protein a day while keeping carbs low.

If somebody could help me get my macros and calories on the right track it would be greatly appreciated.

-Mpd

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many servings of produce do you have per day?

mpd78

Awards
I try to eat salad or some cut greens beans 2-3 times per day.

mpd78

Awards
Fruits at random but sadly they are not a part of my daily diet... Man im glad you showed up haha i need some help here obviously.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Switch out your bread/past consumption for potatoes. Better for the GI tract and overall health. Start there and add in the aforementioned fruits and vegetables.

mpd78

Awards
should i be cycling my carbs? if so could you suggest a good method for cycling them. I apologize for picking your brain.

reps for the instant replies.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
should i be cycling my carbs? if so could you suggest a good method for cycling them. I apologize for picking your brain.

reps for the instant replies.
I'm not a big proponent of cycling carbs. I'd rather work a little harder than micromanage every aspect of my nutrition.

andrewcb

Awards
whats your total calorie intake? are you doing cardio?

mpd78

Awards
I dont know my total Cals on a daily basis, i just try to eat clean. I do cardio sometimes after workouts mainly low intensity and some hit. Also I play rugby so that is a bunch of cardio (way too much, muscle wasting).

What should my calories be if im recomping/cutting. Weight currently 228

andrewcb

Awards
um dunno if i did this right but 3000-3200 after your calorie outage....so for example if you lose 300 calories a day you need 3500 to equal 3200...for a slow fat burn...do more cardio....and if your gonna start clen you should drop fat no problem

mpd78

Awards
That makes sense, I am def going to make some changes before my upcoming Epi clen cycle.

maddbomber

Awards
I dont know my total Cals on a daily basis 228
that is a major problem...you may be eating more than you realize...as previously stated, lose the pasta and breads and switch to potatoes....i dont eat anything carb wise that isnt green after 12pm...seems to work for me...i also have a very low <50g carb day on saturday and a re-feed/cheat meal/day on sunday

mpd78

Awards
tonight's project may be to sit down and measure how many calories I am taking in. I cant be too far off. I am slowly losing body fat. But i want to slightly increase the effectiveness of my diet before the cycle so i can make the absolute most of it. especially the clen :)

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
tonight's project may be to sit down and measure how many calories I am taking in. I cant be too far off.
You would be surprised. A 500 kcal deficit is a typical ballpark recommendation for fat loss; it is really easy to blow most of that over the course of a day if you are not measuring portions.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
what nitrox said. unless you know exactly how much you're taking in, you have no idea how much you can take out to continue fat loss.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big proponent of cycling carbs. You can't just take a template and apply it to yourself though. Everyone reacts differently to different tweaks in their diet. Some people fare really well on the usual food pyramid "standards" that people like to parrot around, and other people need to really experiment with themselves. Perhaps that's one of the reasons people fail at losing weight. Ever notice how much fruit fat people eat when they're trying to lose weight? I know a lot of obese vegetarians. It's not to say that fruit or vegetables are bad choices, but obviously these people are not eating right for their type.

I second what Beelze and Nitrox said as well. Once you're aware of what you're already putting into your body, you can make tweaks without too much apparent effort. This increases the chances you'll stick to it and find success.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a big proponent of cycling carbs. You can't just take a template and apply it to yourself though. Everyone reacts differently to different tweaks in their diet. Some people fare really well on the usual food pyramid "standards" that people like to parrot around, and other people need to really experiment with themselves. Perhaps that's one of the reasons people fail at losing weight. Ever notice how much fruit fat people eat when they're trying to lose weight? I know a lot of obese vegetarians. It's not to say that fruit or vegetables are bad choices, but obviously these people are not eating right for their type.

I second what Beelze and Nitrox said as well. Once you're aware of what you're already putting into your body, you can make tweaks without too much apparent effort. This increases the chances you'll stick to it and find success.

Don't take this the wrong way, but that's not even close to being a close assessment. Just because someone is vegetarian does not mean they only eat fruit and vegetables. What about the fairly large increase in other various carbs they intake such as starches. Many if not most of these obese vegetarians are also eating tons of pasta, bread, tofu/imitation proteins, and will be the first to scarf down a whole cake, and it is probably safe to say their caloric intake to expenditure ratio sucks. The reason fruits and veggies are such a mainstay when trying to loose weight is because of the nutritional benefits e.g. vitamins, minerals, and that they help replace simple and refined carbs/sugars while also decreasing calories, but still helping to keep you full.

maddbomber

Awards
Don't take this the wrong way, but that's not even close to being a close assessment. Just because someone is vegetarian does not mean they only eat fruit and vegetables. What about the fairly large increase in other various carbs they intake such as starches. Many if not most of these obese vegetarians are also eating tons of pasta, bread, tofu/imitation proteins, and will be the first to scarf down a whole cake, and it is probably safe to say their caloric intake to expenditure ratio sucks. The reason fruits and veggies are such a mainstay when trying to loose weight is because of the nutritional benefits e.g. vitamins, minerals, and that they help replace simple and refined carbs/sugars while also decreasing calories, but still helping to keep you full.
some fruits like apples, i believe, are calorie deficite foods anyways and really shouldnt hurt you too much unless you are eating so many that they are affecting your insulin levels

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
No worries, I'm not close to the same vengeful forum member I once was. :)

I used that as a blanket statement. I knew I'd hear something from someone about that. I was just using it as a loose example about people parroting certain templates to follow. I am in no way condemning vegetarians. I do find it pretty funny that I know a lot of fat vegetarians though. They tend to be the ones that preach, interestingly enough.

In the end, I was getting at this: I have my guidelines that work for me, they don't necessarily work for others.

BTW, to the original poster, I used to use clen or other a2 antagonists concurrent with AAS quite a bit. I now have an enlarged left ventricle, which I obviously find easy to place blame on that abuse. Just thought I'd throw that one in here.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No worries, I'm not close to the same vengeful forum member I once was. :)

I used that as a blanket statement. I knew I'd hear something from someone about that. I was just using it as a loose example about people parroting certain templates to follow. I am in no way condemning vegetarians. I do find it pretty funny that I know a lot of fat vegetarians though. They tend to be the ones that preach, interestingly enough.

In the end, I was getting at this: I have my guidelines that work for me, they don't necessarily work for others.

BTW, to the original poster, I used to use clen or other a2 antagonists concurrent with AAS quite a bit. I now have an enlarged left ventricle, which I obviously find easy to place blame on that abuse. Just thought I'd throw that one in here.

The basics are always going to be the same and there as a whole, but I do agree with you that what works for one may not work for another.

Cheers

VeganMike

Awards
Cut out the dairy and the gluten. I know I've said this in other threads and I probably sound like a broken record but it's the truth, It has worked wonders for me.