Vegetable Source
Broccoli
Spinach
Kale
Lettuce
Turnip Greens
Collard Green
Mustard Greens

ig you got any suggestion on more food sources that would be great as well, always looking for variety.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your low carb days still have 100g carbs?! How is that low?.. Try 30.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Looks good. Should be a slow and steady fat loss. Don't forget to readjust calories/macros after two weeks if you lose some weight.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Your low carb days still have 100g carbs?! How is that low?.. Try 30.
I think low carb is anything under 150. I could be wrong, though. I don't think he shooting for ketosis.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
nah, not shooting for ketosis, most of those carbs are going to come with my breakfast.

C

charliesrp

Awards
Re : First attempt at Carb cycling

Very timely info's as I am trying to lose weight before the holidays so that I can look my best when I visit my relatives. These tips are sure to come in hand.

W

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I use the carb cycling plan outlined at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm. As for how many carbs to take in, it really depends on how carb sensitive you are.

You will probably lose some water weight in the first week so don't worry if you drop 4lbs and don't think you are losing muscle. Monitor your weight loss every 2 weeks or so and adjust the calories/carbs up/down depending on whether you aren't losing enough fat or losing muscle. Alternatively you can always add in 45 mins fasted LISS cardio on your low carb days to speed up the fat loss.

J

jgod

Awards
If you need to adjust due to not losing enough I'd cut the banana/apple and on low days eat only chicken and white fish(talipa) for protein sources. Also might want to try a high day of 600+ followed by 1-2 low days with only fibrous carbs.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I've been on sardines lately. Good for a quick in between snack. Shakes get old...
Throw some yogurt in if you can, greek yogurt it good.

100g of carbs is still a decent amount. It's alright though. Last time I did a carb cycle with 3 days off, 3 day refeed, etc. and I lost way too much muscle for my liking. Even though my protein was through the roof, I lost a lot. Never doing it again.

A

AM360

Awards
I first attempt was successful, I started at 258 dropped to 236 kept most my muscle, but I was heavy.

W

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I've been on sardines lately. Good for a quick in between snack. Shakes get old...
Throw some yogurt in if you can, greek yogurt it good.
I'll second the Greek yoghurt. Mix 100g Greek yoghurt with 100g of cottage cheese and you get a great moderate protein/low carb snack. Depending on the brands you use it will work out to about 150 cals, 20-25g protein and less than 10g carbs. Definitely a lot better than slugging down a protein shake.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I'll second the Greek yoghurt. Mix 100g Greek yoghurt with 100g of cottage cheese and you get a great moderate protein/low carb snack. Depending on the brands you use it will work out to about 150 cals, 20-25g protein and less than 10g carbs. Definitely a lot better than slugging down a protein shake.
Powder is overrated anyway, I use to do the whole oats and 2 scoops protein powder pre and post workout. I now do a full meal pre and BCAA's immediately post with another full meal about an hour later. definately liking it better.