protein blend....

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for a good protein blend to take during the day. I'm a college student so i can't always afford tons of food. I would like a good mixture of something i can use to get around 150-200g of my protein intake. Making food 50% and protein 50%. I know this isn't the best option, but i'm sure a blend would be considerably better than taking in 200g of whey protein a day.

I was thinking maybe like a 50% egg protein, 25% casein, and 25% whey shake. I figured if i mixed 2 scoops in a glass of skim milk i could get around 50-55g of protein per serving, and take 3 of these a day.

I dont know what protein to use, and exactly what ratio would be best, please help.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I used to use 70/30 MPI/Egg, but now am looking into 40/40/20 WPC/MPI/Egg next. Egg has all of a sudden gotten as expensive as WPI.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I think the 40/40/20 blend mentioned above would be solid. As for who's protein try Doggcrapp's. IA swears by the stuff.

DougMan

Awards
Yea what happened to egg powder? Protein customizer used to have it for around 6 a lb. It must of got a lot of hype thrown on it from somewhere. I doubt raw price has increased 4 a lb in less than 2 years. But something has changed.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the help guys, i think i'm gonna go ahead and do a 35/35/30 WPC/MPI/Egg mixture.

Switching it up w/ the petefox protein shake method =D

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what flavor, sweetner, protein additives do u guys use?

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
If you like Nectar-type flavors I've heard BSL's green apple is the way to go. I've still got to give it a shot but sawastea has cosigned on it.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Yea what happened to egg powder? Protein customizer used to have it for around 6 a lb. It must of got a lot of hype thrown on it from somewhere. I doubt raw price has increased 4 a lb in less than 2 years. But something has changed.
Customizer explained it on bb.com or AL a while back. Don't remember exactly what was said but it had something to do w/volatile market prices. I did see that PF also raised the price on theirs.

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
For egg protein, you might want to try www.goodegg.com The sell egg white protein powder for a pretty reasonable price.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i'll probably be ordering from trueprotein they're cheaper than PF and PC.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
True protein is good in my book. I have a 40/30/30 whey/milk/calc. caseinate I use for pre-bed and as a general meal replacement. I have no complaints.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
forget increasing gas prices, egg white protein powder has gone thru the roof! bsl is now at over $9/pds for unflavored! crazy, as i was buying from customizer for under $4/pds in the good ole days. no more egg whites for me. gonna increase my soy protein now.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
TP had me so intrigued I had to get some MPI to go w/my bsl whey-xl (hard to beat the bsl deal, maybe 50/50 tp's wpc/cold filtered wpi would come close). Threw in a pound each of WPC in lemonade and fruit punch to give it a shot. Not like I won't finish it even if it tasted bad though.;)

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Trueprotein has the best prices and customer service of all the customized protein sites I've used. The only thing I miss is BSL's flavoring, mmmmmmmm :p

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Just did the math and TP's 10 lbs. 50/50 WPC/CF WPI would be $52.40. Not bad either.
No that's not bad. Although seems like PC might have better flavor. You know I didn't really notice the bitter taste on the XL batch but I'm sitting here drinking it as I type this and it is kind of bitter. PC's flavoring has always been my favorite next to Beverly. Thanks you just ruined the only decent tasting thing in my life. :D

Rock Lee

Awards
Anyone know why TP's Cold Filtration WPI is so cheap compared to Ultra Filtration WPI?

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
No that's not bad. Although seems like PC might have better flavor. You know I didn't really notice the bitter taste on the XL batch but I'm sitting here drinking it as I type this and it is kind of bitter. PC's flavoring has always been my favorite next to Beverly. Thanks you just ruined the only decent tasting thing in my life. :D
I didn't notice it before either, even in a 70/30 MPI/Egg blend. It was just this last batch. I was absolutely lovin' it prior to this batch.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
:cool:
TP had me so intrigued I had to get some MPI to go w/my bsl whey-xl (hard to beat the bsl deal, maybe 50/50 tp's wpc/cold filtered wpi would come close). Threw in a pound each of WPC in lemonade and fruit punch to give it a shot. Not like I won't finish it even if it tasted bad though.;)
Just to update I already got a shipping confirm. Kick ass!

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Just got my order in and tried the lemonade with lunch. Service is definitley kick ass.

For those wondering about flavor, tried not bad. Not bitter. But at the same time not lemonade. More of a slightly-lemony somewhat creamy flavor. Bland. Just sweet enough, maybe adding a little lemon juice will help.