how big of a problem is this

Chest

Awards
Ive been on a eight week cut and its been going great. However, today i had a really bad anxiety/panic attack and i broke my diet really bad. I ate everything from honey buns to pizza lol. Is this a major problem or is it just a little hiccup that can be over looked?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
just consider it a cheat day, and get back to being strict tomorrow.

if you've been cutting pretty hardcore, then a cheat day will actually be more of a benefit.
You're refilling your glycogen stores, 'resetting' the metabolism, as well as giving your mind a break....don't stress about it
Eat whatever you want and get back on it tomorrow

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been on a eight week cut and its been going great. However, today i had a really bad anxiety/panic attack and i broke my diet really bad. I ate everything from honey buns to pizza lol. Is this a major problem or is it just a little hiccup that can be over looked?
LOL, you just did what I do EVERY day :toofunny:

No, what you did today is not going to affect your progress, and if you've been ridiculous with your calories or carbohydrates, then it might actually HELP your results.

You also don't need to train extra hard or be extra strict with your diet to "make up" for this - just continue as you were.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Chest

Awards
I have been pretty strict def seeing quality results but today i just lost it hahaha. The only thing i was worried about which i failed to mention was a had a cheat day on sunday. Does that change things at all?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not really, just make sure you don't have any more incidents other than planned cheats.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been pretty strict def seeing quality results but today i just lost it hahaha. The only thing i was worried about which i failed to mention was a had a cheat day on sunday. Does that change things at all?
No. You're being strict and this is the third day since your last higher calories/carbohydrates. You've reached the 8-weeks mark of your cut - from now on, you should start seeing almost daily visible results, even with the cheating. And because you HAVE been so strict, I actually recommend scheduling in 1-2 meals a week where you allow yourself not to be strict.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Chest

Awards
i do see daily results everything was going great until today lol but its all good ill start back up and keep going

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And don't be dumb and try to eat extra low or do extra cardio tomorrow. Just be back on routine.

Chest

Awards
So your saying if i did that it would do more bad than good?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yep. A single day of even busting totally loose and eating down an extra 3000 calories at a single meal won't have that much impact, but going too low calorically to try and make up for it generally will cause more issues than it will help. Just don't let it happen often, and you'll be fine. Even in contest dieting, its really the last 8 weeks or even less that count.

Just doing the math, say you were 3500 calories over on the meal (and if you don't think that is possible, i'll share some of my cheat meals with you). Even divided out for the week, thats just a 500 calorie a day difference. If you are already at 500-750 below maintenance. the worst that will happen is this will be a light week as far as loss goes. But plummeting calories to under 1000, or doing 3 hours of cardio to try and make up for it will cause issues.

Chest

Awards
i dont even thing i ate an extra 3500 cals today haha but i did eat alot of carbs lol. what do you cheat meals look like?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And don't be dumb and try to eat extra low or do extra cardio tomorrow. Just be back on routine.
^^^Agreed.

So your saying if i did that it would do more bad than good?
Yes. As I said in post #4, "You also don't need to train extra hard or be extra strict with your diet to "make up" for this - just continue as you were."

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont even thing i ate an extra 3500 cals today haha but i did eat alot of carbs lol. what do you cheat meals look like?
oh for a few examples, 2 1/3 pound burger patties with bacon and cheese, plus fries, a shake and then a stop for large peanut butter cup ice cream at coldstone. Another good one is pizza, i've manage to put down 2 whole pies in a cheat meal, that was an entertaining evening, I had people staring at me eventually at Cicis. I hate their pizza in general, but the kids like it. That cheat meal was probably close to 5000 cals, it was 22 slices of pizza, then 5 slices of their dessert pizza, and a couple other things off their dessert bar. i've done a whole roasted chicken along with cheesy mashed potatoes and a few beers. A full sized calzone, weighed close to 3lbs, around 18 inches across that the restaurant says normally feeds 2-3 people. At chilis, ordering their cheese fries and eating half myself, plus their blue cheese burger, fries and then random assorted desserts, plus some beer. My neighbors run a chinese buffet, so sometimes I go there, and i'm good for at least 3 full plates, plus a 4th plate full of just dessert items, and some ice cream. Can't think of any others offhand that have been really in that over 3000 calorie range recently. One that was close was buffalo barley soup, wild boar sausage, venison kabobs, a roasted quail, a wild rice blend, some corn, and a sort of funnel cake like pastry for dessert, plsu a couple beers. A couple beers is a pretty common theme in my cheat meals ;) But the main theme is I eat whatever the heck I feel like, and eat till I don't feel like eating anymore.

For reference sake, although the following morning I woke up a good 3 or 4 pounds heavier on each of these, by the next day I was below where I was before the meals.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
what do you cheat meals look like?
A whole pizza, large Papa Johns, The Works.

19 Pancakes + hashbrowns and bacon @ IHOP. Achievement earned June, 2010. Will be doing this again soon. :)

A huge brownie AND about a cup and a half of ice cream.

I'm like Bill Belichick, I cheat to win!! :cheers:

Kicking off my bulk back to 200lb this Friday with a whole pizza from a local pizzeria. :head:

Chest

Awards
Wow thats a ton of food. Yesterday for example this is what i ate

half of an apple pie id say six inches in diameter
5 tbsp pb
6 mini Crunch bars
3 slices of pizza
2 burritos and a quesadilla from Taco Bell
2 rather large bowls of cream of wheat with butter and suger
a protein bar
and more but i cant remember the rest. However on a interesting note something i ate made me really sick last night and at around 12 oclock i puked two or three times lol. So does what i ate not matter anymore because i barfed it up? Fyi i didnt eat until i threw up i think something i ate at Taco Bell was like spoiled or something . Man i hate fast food

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taco bell usually just has me making a "run for the border" ie toilet within an hour after eating.

Chest

Awards
The thing is i never eat fast food maybe one every two or three months. The last time i was a subway was like 6 months ago the same thing happened only 10x worse i ended up in the hospital for days hahaha that was terrible

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I eat fast food more than I really care to think about, but tend to avoid mcdonalds, taco bell and burger king at least. When travelling, its sometimes tough

Chest

Awards
Same here ill never eat mcdonalds. Something about it i dont know i would rather not eat than eat there lol. but yeah man i know what you mean if your traveling ad youre in a pinch a whopper of something isnt gonna kill you hah

LowSodium

LowSodium

Awards
oh for a few examples, 2 1/3 pound burger patties with bacon and cheese, plus fries, a shake and then a stop for large peanut butter cup ice cream at coldstone. Another good one is pizza, i've manage to put down 2 whole pies in a cheat meal, that was an entertaining evening, I had people staring at me eventually at Cicis. I hate their pizza in general, but the kids like it. That cheat meal was probably close to 5000 cals, it was 22 slices of pizza, then 5 slices of their dessert pizza, and a couple other things off their dessert bar. i've done a whole roasted chicken along with cheesy mashed potatoes and a few beers. A full sized calzone, weighed close to 3lbs, around 18 inches across that the restaurant says normally feeds 2-3 people. At chilis, ordering their cheese fries and eating half myself, plus their blue cheese burger, fries and then random assorted desserts, plus some beer. My neighbors run a chinese buffet, so sometimes I go there, and i'm good for at least 3 full plates, plus a 4th plate full of just dessert items, and some ice cream. Can't think of any others offhand that have been really in that over 3000 calorie range recently. One that was close was buffalo barley soup, wild boar sausage, venison kabobs, a roasted quail, a wild rice blend, some corn, and a sort of funnel cake like pastry for dessert, plsu a couple beers. A couple beers is a pretty common theme in my cheat meals ;) But the main theme is I eat whatever the heck I feel like, and eat till I don't feel like eating anymore.

For reference sake, although the following morning I woke up a good 3 or 4 pounds heavier on each of these, by the next day I was below where I was before the meals.
That is completely awesome! My wife always looks at me like Im nutz when I smash a whole large pizza while watching a hockey game then am hungry for a bowl of Wheaties an hour or two later. Good stuff dude!