Cheat meals???

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Applying cheat meals in my program of losing weight, would that be a problem?

Ms9

Awards
Its ok. Just not once a day maybe twice a week. And when you cheat it doesn't mean eat wings, pizza, and ice cream.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Applying cheat meals in my program of losing weight, would that be a problem?
Not at all - if anything, it will HELP your progress.

Its ok. Just not once a day maybe twice a week. And when you cheat it doesn't mean eat wings, pizza, and ice cream.
I beg to differ, but since we're all different, what we can each get away with will be quite different :D

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People confuse a refeed with a cheal meal and use them interchangeably, even though they aren't.

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
...what are you supposed to eat on a cheat day, then? :(

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
It's ok to give into temptation from time to time. Just don't overdo it. Helps progress because you are less "tired" of the same routine after you finish up a cheat meal.

And a refeed I agree is different. I think both things have their purpose, and can be done right and both be done wrong.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's ok to give into temptation from time to time. Just don't overdo it. Helps progress because you are less "tired" of the same routine after you finish up a cheat meal.
Also, it still lets you enjoy social occasions with friends and family. I don't think many of us either have our whole circle of friends and families dieting along with us, nor do we want to be hermits.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
That's true. I think that's a perfect time for a cheat meal. A social event, you have a little more carbs or something then what's in your normal diet. But that's not going to kill you. What would kill you is going to hooters and splitting a 50 piece and 2 pitchers with your buddy!

We count calories and macros daily and they must stay consistent all the time for progress to be made, one day of higher cals (as long as its not ridiculous) is not going to stop progress, but if anything confuse your body which has already adjusted to your diet.

A refeed like on a low carb diet lets you reload glycogen stores in your muscles so that you can train with the same intensity as you would be able to on a moderate/ high carb diet. You plan your workouts around the diet and vice versa.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I just meant not all 3 at once.
You've never seen one of my REGULAR meals, LOL :p (then again, I never recommend what I do to ANYone).

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
I guess this depends on what your goals are. I hover around 8 percent, dont compete, and will eat a whole damn pizza for my 1 to 3 cheat meals per week. I eat on weekends with my friends and relax. I think the next morning, I look my best too! Pumped as hell!

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's not a cheat meal if your still in a defecit! =] sometimes Ill eat just protein with some light carbs for lunch, than for dinne get a double burger or something with a protein shake and i still come in u der maintainance! It's all in how you do it. Not that i do that everyday but maybe once or twice a week.

team180

Awards
My fiance and i have refeed days and we tend to have a cheat meal on those days BUT the cheats come early in the day. IT makes a huge difference rather than in the evening persay... Fat has a huge impact on the rate carbs are absorbed..

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My fiance and i have refeed days and we tend to have a cheat meal on those days BUT the cheats come early in the day. IT makes a huge difference rather than in the evening persay... Fat has a huge impact on the rate carbs are absorbed..
Having cheat meals early in the day is tough because it causes most people to throw there dieting out the window. In more of a practical sense it's better make it dinner so you don't have any more meals to break your diet with, this is per lyle mcdonalds reccomendaion.

There's nothing wrong with eating Late. When I'm dieting for fat loss like I am right now. I only eat two meals a day. One at 12, and one at 8pm. Than i start my 16 hour fast. Both meals are usually massive meals that keep my full for hours to come.

I don't have a cheat meal on my carb load days. Since a carb load has to bring you over your maintance I don't like having alot of fat floating around while in such a state of a caloric surplus. Since your body loves storing fat as fat when it's in a caloric surplus, it's a dangerous time to eat alot of fat. My last carb load day was on fri, I ate about 175 g protein, 20g fat, 600 carbs.

I keep all my chest meals on days when I'm in a caloric defecit or at maintainance at most. I will usually have a couple tuna sandwitches sometimes skip the bread, 2 shakes and than a big cheat meal and still lose a little that day. Especially if i added cardio.

team180

Awards
Having cheat meals early in the day is tough because it causes most people to throw there dieting out the window. In more of a practical sense it's better make it dinner so you don't have any more meals to break your diet with, this is per lyle mcdonalds reccomendaion.

There's nothing wrong with eating Late. When I'm dieting for fat loss like I am right now. I only eat two meals a day. One at 12, and one at 8pm. Than i start my 16 hour fast. Both meals are usually massive meals that keep my full for hours to come.

I don't have a cheat meal on my carb load days. Since a carb load has to bring you over your maintance I don't like having alot of fat floating around while in such a state of a caloric surplus. Since your body loves storing fat as fat when it's in a caloric surplus, it's a dangerous time to eat alot of fat. My last carb load day was on fri, I ate about 175 g protein, 20g fat, 600 carbs.

I keep all my chest meals on days when I'm in a caloric defecit or at maintainance at most. I will usually have a couple tuna sandwitches sometimes skip the bread, 2 shakes and than a big cheat meal and still lose a little that day. Especially if i added cardio.
Thats great! It really is..