Vinegar to effortlessly cut fat?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
"If you use vinegar after a high-glycemic meal, your glucose levels will not rise"

Wishful thinking.

Yes acetic acid reduces the effective GI of a food but that does not mean it is a free lunch.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
i use apple cider vinager daily not for fatloss but for health.
but I have seen some studies that show it to help in fatloss.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Anyone personally experience fat loss.

Ms9

Awards
Just like all the diet pills, if one pill or this actually worked everyone would be doing it.

Diet, Cardio, Train ---> Fat loss. Fat loss requires effort otherwise fat people wouldn't be lazy fat people.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
When I was a kid they used to sell ACV in pill form and it was called "Jogging in a bottle." LMAO!

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When I was a kid they used to sell ACV in pill form and it was called "Jogging in a bottle." LMAO!
Wow that reminds me of a supp I've never bothered to think about...an ephedrine or ephedra-based knockoff of Diet Fuel circa 1996, called "Exercise in a Bottle." We sold it when I worked at GNC back then. Never saw a single person buy it...

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
The Japanese study hypothesizes that it's the acetate in vinegar that inhibits lipogenesis and possibly stimulates fatty acid oxidation. Hmmm.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if it helps or not, but I drink ACV after a high GI carb meal as a form of damage control. If it doesn't help with weight management, it still has other health benefits. And for less than 5 bucks for 32oz, it's more than cost effective. :thumbsup:

I still wouldn't say vinegar by itself would be an effortless way to lose fat.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Apparently you can if you're obese and Japanese. :)

Chest

Awards
I read that if acv causes fat loss it is a very slow process. if i recall correctly the study was conducted over a year or two. i think the subjects lost anyhwere from 10-20 pounds but the subject were individual who were not dieting or exercising. you can definitely lose more that 20 pounds in a year with proper diet and exercise actually it wouldn't be difficult at all unless youre already low bodyfat. but why not add a tablespoon after a meal because acv has benefits

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
vinegar is good to take (f it doesnt give you heartbun). It lowers the GI of the meal. So if you take this away from your workout (when you want high insulin) it will promote awesome fat loss over time. In a period of 6months-1year the GI lowering effects will have a big impact not only on fat but on health in general.

It is a good idea and cheap. Just dont expect to get mega cut all of the sudden from your vinegar

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I read that if acv causes fat loss it is a very slow process. if i recall correctly the study was conducted over a year or two. i think the subjects lost anyhwere from 10-20 pounds but the subject were individual who were not dieting or exercising. you can definitely lose more that 20 pounds in a year with proper diet and exercise actually it wouldn't be difficult at all unless youre already low bodyfat. but why not add a tablespoon after a meal because acv has benefits
The 2 studies conducted on humans in the article that the OP posted were 12 weeks (Japanese) and 2 sessions (European). The Japanese study saw significant fat loss at the conclusion. And eating protein with simple carbs slows their absorption. I think there's more at play here than the GI lowering effect.

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
could be. regardless i take a tablespoon of vinegar with my last meal before bed every night and plan to continue

would move it to 2 tablespoons a day if i saw some research that really swayed me