When to do cardio

Smith402

Awards
I am extremely lost on when to do cardio for cutting i was thinking about doing a little somthing like this:

Monday - Chest / LIT cardio after weights
Tuesday - Bi's/Tri's/Abs
Wednesday - HIT cardio
Thursday - Shoulders/Back/LIT cardio after weights
Friday - Legs/Abs
Saturday - OFF
Sunday - HIT Cardio\Abs

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I am extremely lost on when to do cardio for cutting i was thinking about doing a little somthing like this:

Monday - Chest / LIT cardio after weights
Tuesday - Bi's/Tri's/Abs
Wednesday - HIT cardio
Thursday - Shoulders/Back/LIT cardio after weights
Friday - Legs/Abs
Saturday - OFF
Sunday - HIT Cardio\Abs
It doesn't make a difference when you do cardio, so do it when it suits you. (SECRET: You do NOT have to do cardio for effective and successful fat loss).

I personally would recommend doing three ~20 minute HIIT sessions on days when you're NOT lifting. If you want to, then doing ~20 minutes of post-weights cardio is not going to hurt, so long as you make sure your nutrition is set up well.

Also, Legs should be at the START of the lifting week, not at the end, especially if you are cutting, and Arms do not really need a separate day if you are doing the multijoint, compound lifts, since they will get worked on the other days.

Based on your split, I would actually recommend:
Monday - Legs/Abs
Tuesday - HIIT
Wednesday - Chest/Back
Thursday - HIIT
Friday - Shoulders/Calves/Abs
Saturday - HIIT
Sunday - Day OFF

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Smith402

Awards
reason why i have arms split up is because i have joint pain in my shoulders from prior surgery so i try to isolate my arms as much as possible and also my BI's are my weakpoint

So based on what your telling me i would do somthing like this

M-Legs/Abs
T-HIIT
W-Chest/Back
R-HIIT
F-Arms
Sat-HIIT
Sun-Shoulders

Smith402

Awards
or
M-Legs/Abs
T-Chest/Back
W-HIIT
R-Arms
F-Shoulders\LIT
Sat-HIIT
Sunday OFF

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
reason why i have arms split up is because i have joint pain in my shoulders from prior surgery so i try to isolate my arms as much as possible and also my BI's are my weakpoint

So based on what your telling me i would do somthing like this

M-Legs/Abs
T-HIIT
W-Chest/Back
R-HIIT
F-Arms
Sat-HIIT
Sun-Shoulders

or
M-Legs/Abs
T-Chest/Back
W-HIIT
R-Arms
F-Shoulders\LIT
Sat-HIIT
Sunday OFF
I don't recommend the first option you laid out because you NEED a day OFF all training to ensure optimal recovery.

If you have joint pain in your shoulders, then I hope you have rehabilitated completely from your prior surgery - if you haven't, depending on how long ago the surgery was, then you really should consider it.

If you mean that your biceps are your weak point re mass and /or strength, then you are NOT going to gain mass if you are cutting, although strength gains can be made (albeit not if you're using a typical cutting diet).

If you're so concerned about your biceps, then do something like this:

Monday - Legs/Biceps/Abs (you can do a few bicep compounds at the end of this session, or I recommend doing them after your squats, and make squats the first exercise of the session)
Tuesday - HIIT
Wednesday - Chest/Back (your triceps and biceps get worked enough here)
Thursday - HIIT
Friday - Shoulders/Calves/Abs
Saturday - HIIT
Sunday - Day OFF

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Smith402

Awards
I know i am not going to gain more mass on my arms I am just trying to maintain what i have on them..
So basically i will do somthing like this then
Legs/Abs
Chest/Back
HIIT
Arms
Shoulders
HIIT
OFF

Considering My weight sessions are intense and I also Walk ALOT considering I am in afghanistan right now

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know i am not going to gain more mass on my arms I am just trying to maintain what i have on them..
So basically i will do somthing like this then
Legs/Abs
Chest/Back
HIIT
Arms
Shoulders
HIIT
OFF

Considering My weight sessions are intense and I also Walk ALOT considering I am in afghanistan right now
As long as you get your NUTRITION right, you should maintain what you have withOUT the need for that separate Arms session, but you will do what you will do. All the best.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Smith402

Awards
I do apreciate all the info though thanks alot for taking the time to post your input, and as my nutrition goes im trying to eat as clean as possible at the dfac I mean can etimate how much im eating but its kinda hard to be exact considering i dont prepare my own meals
My meals are somthing like this:
#1 - Protien/Carbs - Usually Aprox 2 cans of Tuna, 1-2 Cups Mixed Vegies 1/2 Cup Rice
#2 - Pre-w/o shake 1 scoop whey
#3 - Post W/o - Carbs/Protien/Fat - 2 Cans Tuna/1 Slice Provalon Cheese/2 slices wheat bread
#4 - Protien/Fats - 1 Chicken Breast/1-2 Cups Vegies/3oz Nuts
#5 - Protien/Carbs/Fat - 2 Cans Tuna/1 Slice Provalon Cheese/2 slices wheat bread
#6 - Protien/Fats - 3 eggs/1 cup egg whites/1-2 cups veggies/Olives
#7 - 1 Scoop Whey 2 tbsp Natty PB

Once again I dont prepare my meals lol so its kinda hard to be precise but i do my best... My question that I have for you is Should I limit My carbs to around my workouts and the rest of the day just eat protiens/veggies/fats the rest of the day

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do apreciate all the info though thanks alot for taking the time to post your input, and as my nutrition goes im trying to eat as clean as possible at the dfac I mean can etimate how much im eating but its kinda hard to be exact considering i dont prepare my own meals
My meals are somthing like this:
#1 - Protien/Carbs - Usually Aprox 2 cans of Tuna, 1-2 Cups Mixed Vegies 1/2 Cup Rice
#2 - Pre-w/o shake 1 scoop whey
#3 - Post W/o - Carbs/Protien/Fat - 2 Cans Tuna/1 Slice Provalon Cheese/2 slices wheat bread
#4 - Protien/Fats - 1 Chicken Breast/1-2 Cups Vegies/3oz Nuts
#5 - Protien/Carbs/Fat - 2 Cans Tuna/1 Slice Provalon Cheese/2 slices wheat bread
#6 - Protien/Fats - 3 eggs/1 cup egg whites/1-2 cups veggies/Olives
#7 - 1 Scoop Whey 2 tbsp Natty PB

Once again I dont prepare my meals lol so its kinda hard to be precise but i do my best... My question that I have for you is Should I limit My carbs to around my workouts and the rest of the day just eat protiens/veggies/fats the rest of the day
Doesn't look like much food or calories, honestly. You can't hit and miss with your NUTRITION if you want fat loss, since your success - or lack of - is going to be primarily dependent on this factor!

That is entirely up to you. I wouldn't do it personally, but you know your body better than anyone, so only you can answer that question.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Smith402

Awards
Well to be honest its around 2400 cals right now I basically just split what i was eating for my bulk in half i add little things in there such as olives and fats to get about 350-400 cals per meal

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well to be honest its around 2400 cals right now I basically just split what i was eating for my bulk in half i add little things in there such as olives and fats to get about 350-400 cals per meal
If you were bulking following general guidelines, you would have been 200-500 calories above Maintenance - therefore halving this to cut is pretty much going to put you into a "starvation zone" because your calories will be at least 1000 calories less than Maintenance, which is far from ideal, and not the way to get good results. I definitely recommend relooking at your diet in detail, because, like I said before, "You can't hit and miss with your NUTRITION if you want fat loss, since your success - or lack of - is going to be primarily dependent on this factor!"

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman