Re-vamping my diet...please take a look!

labouhassan

Awards
Hey AM

6 months ago I was 198 and 25% B.F. With the help of AM I am now 185 and 20% bf, but I have hit a wall and I am re-vamping my diet. I work out hard at the gym (at 5:30 am which really sucks) by doing a split. Please take a look at my diet and I would appreciate some feedback on it.

Protien (g) Carbs (g) Fat (g) Calories
Pre-Work Out
1 Fish Oil Caps
30g 1/3 Cup Oatmeal 4 20 2 110
32g 1 scoop protien 25 2 2 120
1 cup milk 9 2 2.5 110
Totals 38 24 6.5 340
Post-Work Out
30g 1/3 Cup Oatmeal 4 20 2 110
64g 2 scoop protien 50 4 4 240
Totals 54 24 6 350
Snack
45g 1/3 Cup Peanuts 10 10 23 280
Totals 10 10 23 280
Lunch
1 Fish Oil Caps
110g Turkey 24 6 2 140
170g 2 cups Veggies 4 10 0 60
63g 2 slices whole wheat bread 6 32 2 160
Totals 34 48 4 360
Snack
86g Chicken Breast 25 2 3 125
Totals 25 2 3 125
Dinner
1 Fish Oil Caps
Healthy Dinner 29 19 19 367
Totals 29 19 19 367Before Bed
15g 1 TBS Natty PB 4 3 8 100
100g 3 Large Egg Whites 10.8 0.6 0.3 48
Totals 14.8 3.6 8.3 148
Grand Total Protien:204.8 Carbs:130.6 Fat:69.8 Calories:1970

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if your trying to run like a 40-40-20 thats off, im not sure what a good ratio is for dieting but, your at like 3-2-1. Get some EFAs and drink some 2% milk.

labouhassan

Awards
if your trying to run like a 40-40-20 thats off, im not sure what a good ratio is for dieting but, your at like 3-2-1. Get some EFAs and drink some 2% milk.
Im Trying to run a 40/30/30 but I am very carb sensitive. I do agree that my fat is a bit low, but I do not want to go over the 2000cals a day. Should I decrease the carbs and increase the fat? Or should I decrease the protein and increase the fats?
I am increasing the fish oils to 6g a day but unfortunately have no idea how many cals are in the fish oil tabs.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Im Trying to run a 40/30/30 but I am very carb sensitive. I do agree that my fat is a bit low, but I do not want to go over the 2000cals a day. Should I decrease the carbs and increase the fat? Or should I decrease the protein and increase the fats?
I am increasing the fish oils to 6g a day but unfortunately have no idea how many cals are in the fish oil tabs.
1 gram = 9 caps

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Fat and carbs should always be inversely proportional to each other, protein should generally stay the same. Carbs and fat are both fuel sources. Therefore, if you increase one you need to decrease the other. You can get away with adding in 1g of fat for every 2g carbs you take out if you're in to the calorie counting stuff.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yep^ if your fats the same as your carbs, thats crazy. I dont think I could possibly do that. I eat alot more carbs then I do fats, when Im actually trying to change. but I dont know how you get that much fat :p

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I eat about equal amount fat and carbs. Most days I might even pass carbs with fat. I only eat carbs in the morning in the form of a handful of raisins, maybe a piece of fruit, and post workout as a sweet potato or a yam. Other than that, I'm eating all fats and proteins with marginal carbs coming from veggies.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Ok now that I calculate it out, I'm always 2-3x more fat than carbs in a day.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I agree with wearedbleedblue because a calorie is a calorie per se. How you utilize your feel source is dependent upon muscle fiber type and the duration of your exercise/activity. Once you hit the oxidative state 60 minutes plus you are using fat as a fuel source.Use either one or other. As mentioned by other AM members you should use carbs before working out, then fat later in the day and after working out. Energy systems include ATP-Pcr, Glycolysis, and Oxidative.
Your body is always using fat as a fuel source, just not preferentially if carbs are around and also not as high proportionately as carbs during high intensity, short duration workouts.

tjwoody

Awards
have u tried carbs cycling at all? ive been testing it off and on and seems to be working well for me. Granted i gots a long way to go yet.

ive also used to eat most my carbs in the AM but since i also lift hard and heavy ive shifted most my carbs around my weights and all i can say is WOW! strength up and still shedding fat. i have started not eating a lot of carbs for dinner, but i eat a good amount pre workout (40ish g 2 hours before and around another 15g 15 mins before in a shake) and i still add some simple to my shake (25g). Seems to be working out well for me at 6 foot 1, 19ish % BF 199 lbs.

Just some thoughts.

labouhassan

Awards
Sorry fellas I have been away for work. I am taking another look into my diet tonight. I am probably getting rid of the carbs for dinner and throwing in some more fat in lunch and dinner. I am aslo updating the diet to reflect the 6g of fish oils.
Any other suggestions for fat sources? I got the EVOO, peanuts, Natty PB. any other suggeestion would be great.

Thanks