Need some advice on diet.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Alright im really trying to fine tune my diet im a college kid so budget is tight to say the least i have a rough figure of what im trying to make my diet look like i have an empty area in 2:30 range and i dont know what to add in i play a sport so i have team workouts at about 5:00 class various times from 8-1:45.

Some stats

Height 6'3
Weight 210
Bodyfat 19%

Goal 205 13% bodyfat

Im trying to burn some fat off while perserving muscle im basically in a small caloric deficit cause i dont mind taking a little longer to shed of some fat if it saves some muscle my goal cals is anywhere from 2700-2900 a day if you could just tweak my diet a bit and possibly help me figure out a meal for 2:30

Meal 1 7:00 Am: Egg Whites 1/2 cup 60 cals 12g protein

Meal 2 9:30: Protein Shake 8 Almonds 437 cals 63g protein 9g fat

Meal 3 12:00: Whole Wheat wrap, 8 oz chicken, Lettuce 589 cals 63g protein 24g fat

Meal 4 2:30:

Meal 5 4:30: Protein Shake 8 Almonds 437 cals 63g protein 9g fat

5:00 Workout

Meal 6 7:00: Whole Wheat Pasta/Veggies 460 cals 16g protein

-or-

8oz Chicken/Brown Rice/Veggies 516 cals 60g protein 3g fat

Meal 7 10:00: Greek Yogurt 140 cals 14g protein 0g fat

cals 2639 protein 291g protein 73g fat

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just move your 430 meal to 330? And why does everyone hate on whole eggs on this board? They're great. Unless you're precontest, eat the whole egg. It makes me giggle seeing you eat "8 almonds". I've never really counted when I eat nuts, just get a handful and i'm good. Lastly, why no red meat? Your diet looks absurdly low in fat. I don't know how you're getting 24g of fat from a chicken wrap. It can't be from the chicken because later you have 8oz of chicken with only 3g of fat in it. Are you throwing like a 1/4cup of may on it? I'd cut out the whole wheat wrap at noon and make it a chicken salad with spinach instead with a oil/vinegar dressing and salt and pepper. I'd also reduce the protein shakes to 40-45g of protein a piece and up the fat in that meal. More almonds or maybe some olive oil.

Here is my idea:

Meal 1 7:00: 3 whole eggs with a small piece of fruit. (no apples, only half banana)

Meal 2 10:00: 40g protein shake 1tbsp olive/coconut oil mixed in

Meal 3 12:30-1:00: Spinach chicken salad with cucumbers, tomato, 8oz chicken, 1tbsp olive oil/vinegar or high fat dressing

Meal 4 3:30: 40g protein shake 1/4 cup almonds

5:00 Workout

Meal 5 7:00: 8oz lean beef of any kind, sweet potato/brown/wild rice, broccoli/veggies

Meal 6 10:00: greek yogurt 1/4 cup pecans/walnuts/almonds/macadamia nuts

If you eat that way, switching your meats interchangeably with other lean meats you will lose fat. Toss in some avocado here and there and you're golden. I'd say go with kefir if you can find it instead of greek yogurt though.

130nCountin

Awards
more eggs.... my sig has a some good tips ... eggs are like eating muscle

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
No offense to you man, but, you weigh 130lbs. Nutrition advice shouldn't be something you readily give.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
ya im no expert when it comes to diet so thanks for advice i did 8 almonds cause thats a serving size for what i have. The wrap i have is made at the school caf Whole wheat wrap lettuce chicken some cheese and low fat caeser dressing which i forgot to add. I also left out i usually make a pot of chili with lean ground beef either 85/15 or 93/7 or ground turkey depending what they have on specials at the store and i substitue that sometimes for dinner. Im deffinately gonna tweak my diet to something more like yours thanks man

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ya im no expert when it comes to diet so thanks for advice i did 8 almonds cause thats a serving size for what i have. The wrap i have is made at the school caf Whole wheat wrap lettuce chicken some cheese and low fat caeser dressing which i forgot to add. I also left out i usually make a pot of chili with lean ground beef either 85/15 or 93/7 or ground turkey depending what they have on specials at the store and i substitue that sometimes for dinner. Im deffinately gonna tweak my diet to something more like yours thanks man
cut your calories from CARBS add some Healthy Fats and Quality Protein

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol @ the comment at the 130 guy. that was MEAN. maybe he just realy does know how to diet and cut to like -23 % bf, and hes like super skinny now... ;)

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Instead of whole wheat pasta look into something called "barilla plus" it is made from legumes and much better things.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
No offense to you man, but, you weigh 130lbs. Nutrition advice shouldn't be something you readily give.
LOL I'll give you an agreement, BUT remember this lyle McDonald is not huge guy but he amazing with nutrition.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Lyle has more muscle than a 5'11" 130lb guy though, plus he's light because he was training for speed skating. His stuff is all very scientific but most people don't listen to what he has to say because it goes against conventional "bro-science".

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Lyle has more muscle than a 5'11" 130lb guy though, plus he's light because he was training for speed skating. His stuff is all very scientific but most people don't listen to what he has to say because it goes against conventional "bro-science".
Lyle is one of the biggest people I quote in terms of nutrition. You are right about the speed skating.