Seem to have plateu'd ;(

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
So basically I seem to have plateau'd on my weight loss goals. I've been walking around at ~155 for a month now. I should be heavier, but I have one arm so meh. That or I'm tiny.

I'm not on any strict diet or anything (in terms of I eat this at x time, and this at y time, but I am extremely picky about what I consume). I just don't eat anything that's not healthy and I don't eat a lot in one sitting.

My workout schedule is:

Monday: 1-2 hours kickboxing (30 minutes of jump rope if I wake up in time)
Tuesday: Same ^
Wednesday: 2-3 hours fight training
Thursday: Lift - 2 major muscle groups - 1-2 hours fight training
Friday: Day off - gotta get my sleep schedule right cuz I go back to work 12:00 am Saturday morning
Saturday: Lift - 2 groups
Sunday: Lift - whatever I missed throughout the week

Current Supps:
Erase
TCF-1
ECGC or w.e. - green tea extract
CLA
A-T2

Does anyone have any ideas how I can lose my little stubborn kangaroo pouch at the bottom of my stomach? I know some of it is loose skin from being a fat ****. I've lost 8-9 inches around the naval, possibly creeping up on 10.

I don't know what my bf% is.

You can see pictures here if it helps :-\

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/157432-5-month-fat.html

jrobalo

jrobalo

Awards
You can solve your problem easy. Count your calories. In order to lose weight you have to be on a calorie deficit, so you have to know what you're eating in order to adjust to your goals. Simple, isn't it? Hard but simple. Cut calories or/and add more cardio.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Change something. Go have a binge meal or do a single day of fasting. Your body tries to reach homeostasis, so it adapts to anything over a span of time. a day or two worth of shock should re-start it. I'd go for the cheat meal (or multiple cheat meals in 1 day) overall, as that should raise leptin levels too.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So basically I seem to have plateau'd on my weight loss goals. I've been walking around at ~155 for a month now. I should be heavier, but I have one arm so meh. That or I'm tiny.

I'm not on any strict diet or anything (in terms of I eat this at x time, and this at y time, but I am extremely picky about what I consume). I just don't eat anything that's not healthy and I don't eat a lot in one sitting.

My workout schedule is:

Monday: 1-2 hours kickboxing (30 minutes of jump rope if I wake up in time)
Tuesday: Same ^
Wednesday: 2-3 hours fight training
Thursday: Lift - 2 major muscle groups - 1-2 hours fight training
Friday: Day off - gotta get my sleep schedule right cuz I go back to work 12:00 am Saturday morning
Saturday: Lift - 2 groups
Sunday: Lift - whatever I missed throughout the week

Current Supps:
Erase
TCF-1
ECGC or w.e. - green tea extract
CLA
A-T2

Does anyone have any ideas how I can lose my little stubborn kangaroo pouch at the bottom of my stomach? I know some of it is loose skin from being a fat ****. I've lost 8-9 inches around the naval, possibly creeping up on 10.

I don't know what my bf% is.

You can see pictures here if it helps :-\

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/157432-5-month-fat.html
First, your success - or lack of - with fat loss is primarily dependent on your NUTRITION. You don't have to be on a strict diet, but you DO have to be aware of what you're eating. It could be that you're not eating ENOUGH - your training is definitely intense enough, so it's possible that you're are in fact not eating enough and need to give your body more fuel to work with.. I recommend calorie/carbohydrate cycling - there's lots of Carb Cycling articles available - as the best nutritional method re fat loss.

Second, if you want to lose your lower belly fat, you need to get leaner overall, period. You do this through nutrition and training. Check out Transform Your Tummy With These 8 Essential Tips!

I recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for more comprehensive information re nutrition for fat loss, and apply the principles in the article.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
Thanks for the response guys.

I'm not sure it's a lack of results. I started a little over 220 and I'm walking around at 155, so I've lost 65lbs so far. My daily caloric intake is typically between 1800 and 2200.

But thanks everyone for the input and the links, I gotta get my study on.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Keep your diet in check. That will be 50-75% of it, also you may want to take some time off to properly recover. It looks like you train all day everyday, that could be some of it.

Change up your supps also, sticking with the same ones cuz's them slowly to lose effect.
Also if you want to weigh X weight you need to eat like you weigh X amount. So if you want to get ot 145 eat like you weigh it.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to give a shot in the dark here and say you need more sleep. The difference between losing muscle and losing fat is usually sleep.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to give a shot in the dark here and say you need more sleep. The difference between losing muscle and losing fat is usually sleep.
This would be inaccurate. You can get enough sleep, but if you're being ridiculous with your diet and/or training and are in far more of a caloric deficit than ~500 calories from Maintenance, then muscle loss is very probable.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
This would be inaccurate. You can get enough sleep, but if you're being ridiculous with your diet and/or training and are in far more of a caloric deficit than ~500 calories from Maintenance, then muscle loss is very probable.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman
He's already lost 9-10 inches on his waist. I think its safe to assume he's doing something right with his diet. He's working out hard and likely not getting enough rest. Just because you have gotten away with less than 8 hours of sleep a night doesn't mean its optimal for recovery. I'm sorry that you don't believe in keeping things simple but until it stops working for me, I'll always be looking for the most simple answer.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's already lost 9-10 inches on his waist. I think its safe to assume he's doing something right with his diet. He's working out hard and likely not getting enough rest. Just because you have gotten away with less than 8 hours of sleep a night doesn't mean its optimal for recovery. I'm sorry that you don't believe in keeping things simple but until it stops working for me, I'll always be looking for the most simple answer.
You'd be wrong there, bud. Keeping things simple is the best way to go. Please do NOT ever assume anything when it comes to ME, because unless I say it you're just speculating.

And just a note, that just because one is losing fat/weight/inches does NOT mean that their diet is right (no offense to the OP, since your diet may be right on), but just sayin' so that you are AWARE.

As far as sleep, since everyone is different, we all work best and have different optimal periods for sleep and recovery. It's all about finding the right one for YOU.

Cheers!

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
You call carb cycling simple? Most people are overwhelmed by that. Cyclical keto diets work because of the structure and the planned refeed days. Carb cycling is unrealistic for the average person. If you're always eating carb dense food around workout time, there is never a need to cycle any carbs for the average person.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You call carb cycling simple? Most people are overwhelmed by that. Cyclical keto diets work because of the structure and the planned refeed days. Carb cycling is unrealistic for the average person. If you're always eating carb dense food around workout time, there is never a need to cycle any carbs for the average person.
You obviously don't do it the way I do, then. But yes, calorie/carbohydrate cycling IS simple if you know what you're doing.

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
I suggest getting your blood drawn to get values to determine how high or low your macro nutrients and micro nutrients to determine what you are lacking or even have enough of. Most women tend to under shoot calcium or vitamin D intake which in the longer run lead to osteoporosis. For the most part, I suggest portion control for your meals, eat more meals through out the day, ingest a protein shake, and even change up what you eat. I do not quite understand by what you mean by what you are eating. I could go on further, but I would need more information.

Like once I was told Information is power. I hope this is beneficial to you and hope you night is good.
Typically it consists of cereal for breakfast (Special K Protein plus lol). Depending on how early I wake up I'll have a shake before I go to work. It depends on what my post/rotation is for the day and when I'll get my break. If I have 3/4 hours before my break I'll grab a shake on the way out the door.

At work I always get chicken if I can find it actually cooked. Zucchini/Squash mix when they have it. Some turkey or red meats if they have it out. Broccoli and cauliflower when it's available.

If I'm unable to fill up my little plate with chicken/veggies I'll get some pasta (w/o sauce), and a single serving spoon thing of mashed taters (w/o gravy).

At work we have a free buffet in the back for team members, and it's never the same thing 2 days in a row. I always use the small plate which is about the size of my hand, and never go back for seconds. Even though it is tempting:3.

Also, if it makes a difference I'm on my feet walking around most every night. For all 8 hours of shift in lieu of my breaks.