just plain weight loss - AnabolicMinds.com

just plain weight loss

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  290 lbs.

just plain weight loss

hey y'all, I need to drop 20 pounds.

basically my vice is pop, i drink the stuff constantly. im guessing maybe 1000 (not a typo... thats a thousand) cals a day just from the soda. that and the fact i dont ever do cardio.

how often should i do cardio? what type of cardio? elliptical? treadmill?
    and how long should i do it for?

im hoping for some drastic stuff, maybe 5-7 pounds a week. not because i NEED to lose it quick, mostly because i dont want to be doind this stuff too long, i think ill lose intrest and stop.

thanks in advance

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

The most important thing is your diet my friend first you should get that straightened out
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

I'm gonna get flamed for this,.. but buy P90X!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.

fix your diet first if you don't there is no point. even if you lose the weight with a bad diet it will came back
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

you must learn to eat properly and drop the soda. if you lose interest and quit, then you dont want to lose weight that bad. discipline and dedication is what you must work on.
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by powerseeker View Post
    hey y'all, I need to drop 20 pounds.

basically my vice is pop, i drink the stuff constantly. im guessing maybe 1000 (not a typo... thats a thousand) cals a day just from the soda. that and the fact i dont ever do cardio.

how often should i do cardio? what type of cardio? elliptical? treadmill?
    and how long should i do it for?

im hoping for some drastic stuff, maybe 5-7 pounds a week. not because i NEED to lose it quick, mostly because i dont want to be doind this stuff too long, i think ill lose intrest and stop.

thanks in advance
    First, look at your NUTRITION - NUTRITION IS THE KEY TO FAT LOSS.

Second, forget about SCALE WEIGHT and focus on BODY COMPOSITION - scale weight is IRrelevant, unless you're an athlete needing to make weight for a weight class.

Third, cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss.

Next, if you drop weight that fast, be aware that it'll be just food and water weight in the first week, and every week after that, the weight loss will be slower, especially if it's just FAT - you don't want more than ~2.2lb loss per week, and 1lb per week is the recommended loss for better in keeping it off.

Finally, I highly recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for comprehensive advice and information re nutrition and training for FAT loss.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

What are you willing to sacrifice? I can tell you that those sodas are full of useless carbs which are just making you store more fat, etc. If you cut those out completely for a few short weeks I guarantee you will see progress in the mirror. And rosie is right, weight on a scale is just weight on a scale. How your body looks from week to week is gonna be the biggest motivation to keep you going. 1000 cals from soda?? thats 250 grams of simple sugars every day....
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  290 lbs.

thanks for all the quick reply's everyone

I guess i forgot to say that im not drinking soda anymore haha.
    As for 'diet' im basically cutting the bread intake. IM easting pasta on wedensdays as a carbo load for heavy day on my powerlifting cycle, but other than that bread is pretty much out.
    thanks for the poundage advice, you guys are right, weight means nothing, i KNOW that but i seem to forget it every time I feel unsatisfied with my fat % and want to slim down.

so now that you guys know im cutting the bread and pop out, what do you advise for cardio?

thanks again for the quick reply
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    First, look at your NUTRITION - NUTRITION IS THE KEY TO FAT LOSS.

Second, forget about SCALE WEIGHT and focus on BODY COMPOSITION - scale weight is IRrelevant, unless you're an athlete needing to make weight for a weight class.

Third, cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss.

Next, if you drop weight that fast, be aware that it'll be just food and water weight in the first week, and every week after that, the weight loss will be slower, especially if it's just FAT - you don't want more than ~2.2lb loss per week, and 1lb per week is the recommended loss for better in keeping it off.

Finally, I highly recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for comprehensive advice and information re nutrition and training for FAT loss.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    He's 290lbs, he can lose more than 2lbs a week and still be ok. In fact, if he makes changes in his diet and adds in some more activity of any kind, he should be happy that hes dropping 5-7lbs for the first few weeks.
  10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by powerseeker View Post
    thanks for all the quick reply's everyone

I guess i forgot to say that im not drinking soda anymore haha.
    As for 'diet' im basically cutting the bread intake. IM easting pasta on wedensdays as a carbo load for heavy day on my powerlifting cycle, but other than that bread is pretty much out.
    thanks for the poundage advice, you guys are right, weight means nothing, i KNOW that but i seem to forget it every time I feel unsatisfied with my fat % and want to slim down.

so now that you guys know im cutting the bread and pop out, what do you advise for cardio?

thanks again for the quick reply
    Read the article I linked you to in post #6.

Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    He's 290lbs, he can lose more than 2lbs a week and still be ok. In fact, if he makes changes in his diet and adds in some more activity of any kind, he should be happy that hes dropping 5-7lbs for the first few weeks.
    Yeah, I mentioned that he'd probably get that for the first week or so, but it's NOT going to be all fat, but predominantly be food and water weight.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.

The only proven way to do it that is tried and tested for the past 13743646 years is proper diet and exercise.

1000 cals a day from a terrible source loaded with simple sugars are going to set you backwards.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  290 lbs.

problem solved. I found a boxing gym. ( a real one, not that sissy cardio boxing bs)

started 305, down to 297 with cutting out pop and bread, expect to hit my 'athlete weight,' 275, in a month or so of boxing training.

thanks for you help y'all
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.

Fight cardio is amazing, but don't cut out lifting. Cardio you really only burn energy during workouts.

Lifting and tearing muscle fibers your body expends energy over long periods of time repairing your muscles, afaik.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    I'm gonna get flamed for this,.. but buy P90X!!!
    Why would you get flamed for it? I dropped 20lbs after P90x, The most important thing is to look at the diet. The workouts will do their job if you work hard.

Also remember that after your 90 days you need to KEEP working out. Gym, another round of p90x anything, just keep going after your rest period.

Also, be careful... If your not eating and drinking properly it can be quiet detrimental to your health.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

before and after pics do a better job than the scale sometimes
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Everything works for a while, nothing works forever. As simple as it sounds, keeping a food log is probably the number one way to lose weight. When you start looking at all the crap you eat on a daily basis, you start making changes to it without even trying, just so you don't have to face yourself. It only works if you're honest or have someone to hold you accountable though.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with my weight loss
    By mikeyb123 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 02:27 PM
  2. Best Ph's for cutting weight/weight loss
    By ftwrestler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 08:37 PM
  4. weight loss w/o muscle loss