Body weight/Body fat question

  1. New Member
    Hondaman1010's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    1527
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    5.87%

    Body weight/Body fat question


    Question for you, im pretty much turning into a monster I dropped down from near 300lbs to 224 im 5''9 at 15% body fat atm, Realistically how much weight am I going to be sitting at once I hit single didget body fat%? say 8-9% I am in a cutting cycle but im still gaining size in my delts/traps/arms etc. My life right now is fully dedicated to getting in the best shape of my life im consistently dropping 1.5-2.5 lbs a week so with that also how much body fat % can I expect too loose say in a month

  2. New Member
    culversguy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    99
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

    well in a perfect world if you just dropped all fat and didnt gain any muscle you would be at around 210 if i did the calculations right but thats if you lost all fat
  3. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,214
    Rep Power
    693547
    Level
    77
    Lv. Percent
    74.18%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaman1010 View Post
    Question for you, im pretty much turning into a monster I dropped down from near 300lbs to 224 im 5''9 at 15% body fat atm, Realistically how much weight am I going to be sitting at once I hit single didget body fat%? say 8-9% I am in a cutting cycle but im still gaining size in my delts/traps/arms etc. My life right now is fully dedicated to getting in the best shape of my life im consistently dropping 1.5-2.5 lbs a week so with that also how much body fat % can I expect too loose say in a month
    Currently you have 190.4 pounds of lean body mass. Therefore, your "ideal weight" at 8-9% bodyfat is between 207-210 pounds - and this is just by losing BODYFAT and MAINTAINING your current lean body mass. If you are any lighter at 8-9% bodyfat, then you will have lost lean mass as well as bodyfat.

    The "safe" recommendation for fat loss is 0.5% bodyfat per week - so in a month a loss of ~2% bodyfat is ideal. However, some people can lose it faster without negative effects and others prefer to lose it slower. To get to 8% or 9% bodyfat, it will take you anywhere between 10-16 weeks or 9-13 weeks respectively, depending on how comfortable you are at losing the fat.

    ~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Hondaman1010's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    1527
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    5.87%

    Ty two for the responses.
  5. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    507
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%

    http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html

    Very accurate, he has been compiling numbers for years now.
  6. New Member
    Hondaman1010's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    1527
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    5.87%

    Thanks ill book mark that.
  7. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,470
    Rep Power
    4872699
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    92.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html

    Very accurate, he has been compiling numbers for years now.
    Nice link
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  8. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    507
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%

    Thanks, I like it especially when people start claiming they're 5'9 225 10% bf. Keeps people more honest.
  9. New Member
    Hondaman1010's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    1527
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    5.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    Thanks, I like it especially when people start claiming they're 5'9 225 10% bf. Keeps people more honest.
    ya its got me listed right inbetween 15-16% which is where I figured I was.
  10. New Member
    goonstopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    258
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    28.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaman1010 View Post
    ya its got me listed right inbetween 15-16% which is where I figured I was.
    I gotta see the front to judge but if it matches our sides then I'd think you might be higher than 15%... For insance, if i ever had side fat like that I would be 25%. Everyone is different so it's hard to judge without a better picture. I'd get a 7 point test done with calipers.

    Also it will not be linear. I have dieted for a good 20 weeks not to get from 18-20% (which I looked about how you do from what I see) down to the mid single digits and I definitely lost some muscle despite years of experience and being enhanced. Went from 230-205 so I did alright but like I said, I have done this many times before and was enhanced. I'd guess you will end up somewhere are 190 but I used 18% to 8% as my guess. So 25lb fat and 8-10 pounds muscle.
  11. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,214
    Rep Power
    693547
    Level
    77
    Lv. Percent
    74.18%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html

    Very accurate, he has been compiling numbers for years now.
    Just a warning that this site contains a Trojan Horse virus.

    Not sure where you guys are getting your numbers from, since I input my stats into the calculator there (to see what you're talking about) and it just spewed out NaN lb and NaN in to me for all listed statistics.

    Besides, going off of height and bone breadths is not really going to tell you what body composition you are, and IMO, a highly inaccurate way of calculating it.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  12. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    507
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Just a warning that this site contains a Trojan Horse virus.

    Not sure where you guys are getting your numbers from, since I input my stats into the calculator there (to see what you're talking about) and it just spewed out NaN lb and NaN in to me for all listed statistics.

    Besides, going off of height and bone breadths is not really going to tell you what body composition you are, and IMO, a highly inaccurate way of calculating it.
    I'm sorry you don't think it is very accurate but the guy that made the calculator has been working with people, taking measurements and has a statistically relevant equation that shows that it is very accurate. Feel free to read his articles on how he reached the conclusion but no need to be so negative just because it didn't work for you. http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

    And yes, I see the virus popping up too in the javascript but my VS blocks it.
  13. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  124 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,214
    Rep Power
    693547
    Level
    77
    Lv. Percent
    74.18%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    I'm sorry you don't think it is very accurate but the guy that made the calculator has been working with people, taking measurements and has a statistically relevant equation that shows that it is very accurate. Feel free to read his articles on how he reached the conclusion but no need to be so negative just because it didn't work for you. http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

    And yes, I see the virus popping up too in the javascript but my VS blocks it.
    I wasn't being negative - just stating that it did not show anything for me, nit that it did not work.

    As far as the height and bone breadths - this would aid more in figuring out one's phenotype, but NOT body composition, and even then, phenotype is just a SNAPSHOT of where an individual is at THAT time, and it CAN be changed.

    ~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  14. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    507
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    63.12%

    Did you read his article? 6 years of statistical research went in to it. You can disagree all you want, but it is statistically significant and relatively accurate.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Blowing my body out of the water with AMS Body Mortar- Review
    By schwellington in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 06:54 PM
  2. 5x5 and Body Fat / Weight Question
    By drvinnybombat in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 12:50 PM
  3. Using own body weight
    By Ectofighter in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Log in
Log in