Body weight/Body fat question

Hondaman1010

Hondaman1010

Awards
Question for you, im pretty much turning into a monster I dropped down from near 300lbs to 224 im 5''9 at 15% body fat atm, Realistically how much weight am I going to be sitting at once I hit single didget body fat%? say 8-9% I am in a cutting cycle but im still gaining size in my delts/traps/arms etc. My life right now is fully dedicated to getting in the best shape of my life im consistently dropping 1.5-2.5 lbs a week so with that also how much body fat % can I expect too loose say in a month

culversguy

Awards
well in a perfect world if you just dropped all fat and didnt gain any muscle you would be at around 210 if i did the calculations right but thats if you lost all fat

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question for you, im pretty much turning into a monster I dropped down from near 300lbs to 224 im 5''9 at 15% body fat atm, Realistically how much weight am I going to be sitting at once I hit single didget body fat%? say 8-9% I am in a cutting cycle but im still gaining size in my delts/traps/arms etc. My life right now is fully dedicated to getting in the best shape of my life im consistently dropping 1.5-2.5 lbs a week so with that also how much body fat % can I expect too loose say in a month
Currently you have 190.4 pounds of lean body mass. Therefore, your "ideal weight" at 8-9% bodyfat is between 207-210 pounds - and this is just by losing BODYFAT and MAINTAINING your current lean body mass. If you are any lighter at 8-9% bodyfat, then you will have lost lean mass as well as bodyfat.

The "safe" recommendation for fat loss is 0.5% bodyfat per week - so in a month a loss of ~2% bodyfat is ideal. However, some people can lose it faster without negative effects and others prefer to lose it slower. To get to 8% or 9% bodyfat, it will take you anywhere between 10-16 weeks or 9-13 weeks respectively, depending on how comfortable you are at losing the fat.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I like it especially when people start claiming they're 5'9 225 10% bf. Keeps people more honest.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
ya its got me listed right inbetween 15-16% which is where I figured I was.
I gotta see the front to judge but if it matches our sides then I'd think you might be higher than 15%... For insance, if i ever had side fat like that I would be 25%. Everyone is different so it's hard to judge without a better picture. I'd get a 7 point test done with calipers.

Also it will not be linear. I have dieted for a good 20 weeks not to get from 18-20% (which I looked about how you do from what I see) down to the mid single digits and I definitely lost some muscle despite years of experience and being enhanced. Went from 230-205 so I did alright but like I said, I have done this many times before and was enhanced. I'd guess you will end up somewhere are 190 but I used 18% to 8% as my guess. So 25lb fat and 8-10 pounds muscle.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html

Very accurate, he has been compiling numbers for years now.
Just a warning that this site contains a Trojan Horse virus.

Not sure where you guys are getting your numbers from, since I input my stats into the calculator there (to see what you're talking about) and it just spewed out NaN lb and NaN in to me for all listed statistics.

Besides, going off of height and bone breadths is not really going to tell you what body composition you are, and IMO, a highly inaccurate way of calculating it.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Just a warning that this site contains a Trojan Horse virus.

Not sure where you guys are getting your numbers from, since I input my stats into the calculator there (to see what you're talking about) and it just spewed out NaN lb and NaN in to me for all listed statistics.

Besides, going off of height and bone breadths is not really going to tell you what body composition you are, and IMO, a highly inaccurate way of calculating it.
I'm sorry you don't think it is very accurate but the guy that made the calculator has been working with people, taking measurements and has a statistically relevant equation that shows that it is very accurate. Feel free to read his articles on how he reached the conclusion but no need to be so negative just because it didn't work for you. http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

And yes, I see the virus popping up too in the javascript but my VS blocks it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry you don't think it is very accurate but the guy that made the calculator has been working with people, taking measurements and has a statistically relevant equation that shows that it is very accurate. Feel free to read his articles on how he reached the conclusion but no need to be so negative just because it didn't work for you. http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

And yes, I see the virus popping up too in the javascript but my VS blocks it.
I wasn't being negative - just stating that it did not show anything for me, nit that it did not work.

As far as the height and bone breadths - this would aid more in figuring out one's phenotype, but NOT body composition, and even then, phenotype is just a SNAPSHOT of where an individual is at THAT time, and it CAN be changed.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Did you read his article? 6 years of statistical research went in to it. You can disagree all you want, but it is statistically significant and relatively accurate.