fasted cardio - lightheaded?

1newbie

Awards
Anyone know what that feeling is when doing fasted cardio and you start feeling like you are lightheaded or 'aren't really there'? Kind of like you can hear the music, but it's in the background? Is is low blood sugar? low on insulin? Makes me want to sprint to the kitchen like a crack addict looking for carbs. Even after eating 250c of oatmeal; I still feel very mentally slow or 'stoned' for a couple of hours. (on a 2000c/day cut, with 1000c carbs/700c protein/300c fat.) Was thinking it was low blood sugar since it feels similar to entering ketosis.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Exercise induced hypoglycemia.

1newbie

Awards
Ok, did some research on hypoglycemia. Definitely had the double vision a couple times too. How does anyone do any fasted cardio without getting into that? What about cardio during a keto diet? It's noon and I still feel a little 'off'. My body doesn't seem to like ANYTHING less than 1000c of complex carbs/day. Am I constantly at the borderline of entering keto which is why I feel like crap (mental confusion) all day? That no man's land between ketosis and normal blood sugar levels?

Maybe just have to eat, then do the cardio......

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Ok, did some research on hypoglycemia. Definitely had the double vision a couple times too. How does anyone do any fasted cardio without getting into that? What about cardio during a keto diet? It's noon and I still feel a little 'off'. My body doesn't seem to like ANYTHING less than 1000c of complex carbs/day. Am I constantly at the borderline of entering keto which is why I feel like crap (mental confusion) all day? That no man's land between ketosis and normal blood sugar levels?

I'm not going to get into a debate about fasted cardiorespiratory exercise, but I would recommend you not do it. No additional benefit and you fatigue much quicker.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established

I used to be just like this until I REALLY got my diet straight! I would get the shakes in the middle of the day from missing a meal.

at least 6 meals a day
NO simple sugars or simple carbs!!!
more fat - fish oil, EVOO, coconut oil
no simple sugars
lots of nuts
no simple sugars
lots of protein (duh)
no simple sugars

Now I can do fasted cardio, and go longer without eating with no problems. My body was relying on simple sugars and carbs, and not on good fats and proteins like it should be. REALLY LOOK AT YOUR DIET!!!

DH