Diet Stalling!

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Been dieting for about 10 weeks now and I have 2 weeks left until I want to be in top condition for my holiday....

I eat the same meal every day except for Sundays which i tend to have a bit of a cheat day....

Monday - Saturday

8am - 50g of Porridge (This started at 100g and I have been bringing it down weekly)
2 scoops of USN Pure protein (40g of Slow release protein) 203 Kals
6 grams of fish oil
Multi vit

10am - 1 table spoon of naty peanut butter

12pm
200g of chicken

3pm
100g of chicken

5:30pm
100g of chicken

7pm PO Protein shake 104 cals

8:30pm 200g Chicken

On Sundays I have pretty much been having the same except the 8:30pm meal I have been having a cheat meal usually consisting of something like A beef burger and some ice cream for desert.

This diet was working great for the first 6 weeks and I was a little worried I was going to hit target waaay early. However the last 2 weeks I have hardly moved weight wise. I am sitting around 8% bodyfat down from 14%.

How can I keep the fat loss going?

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Been dieting for about 10 weeks now and I have 2 weeks left until I want to be in top condition for my holiday....

I eat the same meal every day except for Sundays which i tend to have a bit of a cheat day....

Monday - Saturday

8am - 50g of Porridge (This started at 100g and I have been bringing it down weekly)
2 scoops of USN Pure protein (40g of Slow release protein) 203 Kals
6 grams of fish oil
Multi vit

This has to change to a faster digesting protein first thing in the morning. First thing in the morning your cells are looking for amino acids STAT. From the rest of your diet it appears you are on a protein sparing modified fast; DROP THE PORRIDGE!

10am - 1 table spoon of naty peanut butter

ADD whey protein isolate or egg whites.

12pm
200g of chicken

Add a salad with vinegar and oil or just vinegar + splenda OR add other green veggies.

3pm
100g of chicken

Add green veggies.

5:30pm
100g of chicken

7pm PO Protein shake 104 cals

8:30pm 200g Chicken

On Sundays I have pretty much been having the same except the 8:30pm meal I have been having a cheat meal usually consisting of something like A beef burger and some ice cream for desert.

This diet was working great for the first 6 weeks and I was a little worried I was going to hit target waaay early. However the last 2 weeks I have hardly moved weight wise. I am sitting around 8% bodyfat down from 14%.

How can I keep the fat loss going?
You could try the suggestions I made to your existing diet OR you could try the following:

1. Cut out all fats for 2 days and make all meals 100-200 grams of chicken or 50 grams of whey protein isolate. Your last meal before bed could be the slow digesting protein blend you already have.

2. Every third day add 1 tbsp of natural PB or oil to each meal.

3. Cut back to 50 grams of protein (200g chicken or 50g WPI) per meal for only 6 meals.

4. As this slows progress up your fatless days to 4 in a row.

^^^ This type of fat cycling will keep your body ketogenic as it has a tendency to rely too much on gluconeogenesis and not enough on ketones for energy if you are eating mostly just protein without fats. You will need to be supplementing a sugar free fiber supplement if you are not already. Add in cardio as needed. "Proetin sparing modified fasts" - PROTEIN ONLY diets are great for a short period of time, but they can wreck your metabolism and destroy your insulin sensitivity if used too long.

BEAST