Carb cycling?

Fitzy1

Awards
ok... so I want to try carb cycling to lose some lbs ...so I have been researching the hell out of it and the best website I found was figure athlete dot com Carb cycling for women (it wont let me post the URL)however it just seems like after doing the calculations: Protein 234g, Fat 30g, and Low Carb day :146g, Mod 185g, and high carb day 244.. it seems my alotted protein is a tad high it says i should be eating like 234 grams a day (Im doing like 150 and thats tough enough) then as far as carbs go like idk it just seems wrong... does anyone know an easier way to caluclate this bc I am pretty sure thats not right.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Most low carb diets not only have high protein, but high fat as well. May want to find a more definitive plan..

dropshot001

Awards
you might want to look up some of the stuff by shelby starnes. he is a big proponent of carb cycling

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok... so I want to try carb cycling to lose some lbs ...so I have been researching the hell out of it and the best website I found was figure athlete dot com Carb cycling for women (it wont let me post the URL)however it just seems like after doing the calculations: Protein 234g, Fat 30g, and Low Carb day :146g, Mod 185g, and high carb day 244.. it seems my alotted protein is a tad high it says i should be eating like 234 grams a day (Im doing like 150 and thats tough enough) then as far as carbs go like idk it just seems wrong... does anyone know an easier way to caluclate this bc I am pretty sure thats not right.
There's nothing wrong with those numbers. In all honesty, you can make it much simpler for yourself by just doing 2-3 days at slightly less than or at Maintence calories, and then 1-2 days at higher than Maintenance calories, and just make up those calories on the higher days from carbohydrates. Don't get caught up in the numbers too much - as long as you're getting in enough protein and fats, and 50-100g of carbohydrates on your lower calorie/carbohydrate days, you should be fine.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Fitzy1

Awards
Thanks everyone...I will keep you posted on how it goes