Stubborn belly fat..or water retention?

mcgee1516

Awards
So, I've had this stubborn belly fat (most of which is probably water retention) that I can't seem to get rid of no matter what. I've tried numerous diets and training regimens, none of which really worked. My conclusion is, is that it's mostly water. It extends up to my lower pecs and around my thorax, pretty frustrating:grumpy:. Whats my best route for getting rid of it? I mean besides a low sodium diet, which I've tried. The only other option I've come accross is diuretics, but I don't really have any experience with them. Any advice or cautions about using them?

Malcyte

Awards
I'd try keto or carb cycling. Carbs will hold water on you but I don't think most notice until low BF%

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, I've had this stubborn belly fat (most of which is probably water retention) that I can't seem to get rid of no matter what. I've tried numerous diets and training regimens, none of which really worked. My conclusion is, is that it's mostly water. It extends up to my lower pecs and around my thorax, pretty frustrating:grumpy:. Whats my best route for getting rid of it? I mean besides a low sodium diet, which I've tried. The only other option I've come accross is diuretics, but I don't really have any experience with them. Any advice or cautions about using them?
The first solution would be to get LEANER.

Otherwise, if it IS just water weight, then you can try various methods, including but not limited to:
* Manipulating your diet re carbohydrate and sodium depleting and loading,
* Use calorie/carbohydrate cycling as your nutritional method - it works the best re fat loss,
* Using natural diuretics like dandelion root and uva ursi,
* Drink more, etc.

If you're going to use a diuretic, then CONTINUE drinking at least a galleon a day, and use them for no more than three days.

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
Here's cool tip a competitor showed me. Feel the fat in your stomach and if it just feels watery and like there's nothing there it is indeed water, but if it feels grainy then that is fat. Remember that there is a correlation between high cortisol levels and visceral fat gains as well.