- 09-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm considering starting a calorie cycled diet. I need to stick with this diet for a long time, probably 5+ months. I'd like to get lean and stay lean. I plan on eating 1500 cals per day Monday-Friday (about a 1000 calorie deficit per day), and then taking the weekend off and eating what I want, with moderation obviously. What are the pros and cons of this approach?
- 09-12-2010, 06:35 PMBoard Moderator
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
That wouldn't be what i'd call calorie cycling. Generally you have more day to day variance rather than 5 days in a row at low calories, and you try and stick high calories around your heavy workout days rather than off days.This space for rent
Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
- 09-12-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm really just concerned about the pros /cons of going that low on calories. Obviously on a steady deficit I wouldn't ever need to drop calories that low, but I find it hard to stay on a deficit for several months.
09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Also wondering if anyone has had success switching from bulking to cutting on a regular basis? Say week of bulking / week of cutting for maintenance. Maybe week bulking / two weeks cutting for fat loss while keeping and maybe gaining a bit of strength?
Similar Forum Threads
- By Tranzlogic in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 03-28-2011, 08:22 PM
- By soontobbeast in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:15 PM
- By soontobbeast in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 17Last Post: 07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
- By rrm in forum BulkingReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
- By LakeMountD in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 07-24-2003, 04:30 PM