ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he has a great point actually,

when i was 23 i hit my leanest by eliminating all cardio and just focusing on weights and diet. i would eat only fat and protein and cut my carbs to under 20grams a day.

the lack of cardio probably helped support my hormone levels and allowed me to lift and recover better. the additional muscle gains helped increase my resting metabolism.

i never was so lean in my life, and i did ZERO cardio but i lifted like a madman (but only about 5-6 hours a week total) and did not eat like a normal human.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can someone PLEASE respond to this guy? He is a user in a forum that I read and is frequently telling people that cardio impedes weight loss and that people can eat as much of fat and protein as they want in order to lose weight. The guy weighs a buck 10, and though I am a paleo proponent myself, I'm seriously worried that someone will take his advice seriously.

If I am looking to build muscle and burn fat, is it better to run before or after exercising with weights? - Quora
Cutting carbs and increasing fats/proteins can do wonders..

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
I disagree with this guy. As much as they want? That's a ridiculous statement.
There is a difference between high intensity cardio and low intensity cardio as well.

BlondBombshel

BlondBombshel

Awards
Cutting carbs and increasing fats/proteins can do wonders..
As long as you dont do it for too long, too many fats can wreck havoc on cholesterol. Even if you are not doing cardio for fat loss, you should not cut it out completely, how is everyone forgetting cardiovascular health?

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cardio at low intensities definetly has it's place in dieting. I wouldn't do I on a really strict 1500 calorie diet but if your eating 1800 cals I think it can help.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
agreed start eating up that peanut butter, olive oil, and whole eggs!
So eating 1500 calories/day over maintenance levels as long as they are fat and protein will lead to fat loss?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you dont do it for too long, too many fats can wreck havoc on cholesterol. Even if you are not doing cardio for fat loss, you should not cut it out completely, how is everyone forgetting cardiovascular health?
Myth alert!

dont forget, your getting more than enough cardiovascular work if you are REALLY weightlifting.