Question about abuterol

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone,

Here's what is the situation. I went to the doctor and found out I have Sports Asthma. I also found out my blood pressure is higher than it should be (I'm 25 and it was hitting on the 135 or so) and got prescribed abuterol for the Sports Asthma to use before activities.

So I had a couple of questions. I was under the impression abuterol worked in the same way as ephedrine by raising your bpm and was worried that could affect my blood pressure, isn't it?

And then a follow up, I saw that a lot of people use this for fat loss and I am going on a cut right now. I got a pump with about 200 pumps right now and was wondering if it is in fact good for fat loss and if so how people usually use it.

Thanks for all input

allergy man

Awards
I won't dive into the usage of albuterol for weight loss but I can tell you that your inhaler is not going to help you lose weight. There is a big difference between the amount inhaled in your medication and the amount you would take orally for fat loss purposes. Long story short, use it as prescribed by your doctor and nothing else.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I won't dive into the usage of albuterol for weight loss but I can tell you that your inhaler is not going to help you lose weight. There is a big difference between the amount inhaled in your medication and the amount you would take orally for fat loss purposes. Long story short, use it as prescribed by your doctor and nothing else.
Agreed. That little of an amount of Albuterol will only have bronchodilation properties. It could raise your bpm (commonly referred to as HR), but then again your bpm might be raised from feeling like your can't breathe. The albuterol will then lower them.

Your blood pressure is 2 numbers and if your diastolic number was 135, then yes that is very high (the bottom number in a standard blood pressure), however if your systolic blood pressure was 135 and your MD told you that was bad I would suggest finding a new MD.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
It was 135 by 80, with the 80 being the diastolic.

And as far as the usage being a problem to use albuterol with my blood pressure I should be ok then?

smt1

Awards
Albuterol will little impact on your BP used as a inhaler. The point of the inhaler is to direct it to the smooth bronchial muscles so that it has a localized effect, rather than a systemic effect. If you are that worried about it, have your doctor prescribe Levoalbuterol (l-albuterol) instead rather than racemic albuterol- it is supposed to be a more selective beta2 agonist.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
It was 135 by 80, with the 80 being the diastolic.

And as far as the usage being a problem to use albuterol with my blood pressure I should be ok then?
That blood pressure is just about textbook perfect, so don't worry about it. Albuterol will not have any negative effects on you.