Feeling sick on keto..

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Feeling sick on keto..

Well i've been running keto now for 5 days and im already seeing some great results of off it. The thing I had trouble with like last time and is the reason I stopped then was that now after 1-2 days in I started getting sick. I managed to get sinus infection along with alot of coughing just like last time. I thought to myself that maybe keto was the reason why I got sick because maybe I was changing the body so much with the major lack of carbs that the immune system went into shock. Im getting over without it right now without medicine but does that mean that the body might be getting used to the change that its now fighting off the infection?

Just my thoughts because its funny that I came down with the same thing as I did last time I ran this diet. Any reason or info to support this?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Make sure you are taking adequate multi vitamins and such since you are limiting the beneficial nutrients with this type of diet.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Answers

youre gonna feel sick and stuff on keto anyways, a keto diet was designed for parkinsens patients and got adopted for bbing
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    youre gonna feel sick and stuff on keto anyways, a keto diet was designed for parkinsens patients and got adopted for bbing
    Umm no.

Low carb diets were around long before they started using them for Parkinsons. The first stuff on pub med referenced studies done in the 90s.

Atkins diet - 1972. And that wasn't the first.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Well I've gotten over the sickness anyway so the problem is no more. I had just been wondering if that was the reason which Im pretty sure was.

The bad thing is my protein isnt as high as I'd like it to be (ran out of lean meats and protein shakes for a few days until I went grocery shopping and the lack of lifting replaced with cardio) which cause me to loss muscle mass. Its not a big deal though (i was 315 two years back) as I want to get to my target weight of 200 even. I started keto at 242 as I had gained some weight from the high amounts of processed foods in the vending machines at my new job and now am proud to say am at 228.

As of now I have my diet foods bought and am back on track as far as the amount of protein and fats I should consume so I cant wait to see that 200 on the scale before long...Oh and I know that had nothing to do with the topic but why not put it out there.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

maybe u got sick because the keto and low carbs screwed your blood ph
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UGHQTempus View Post
    Umm no.

Low carb diets were around long before they started using them for Parkinsons. The first stuff on pub med referenced studies done in the 90s.

Atkins diet - 1972. And that wasn't the first.
    thansk mom.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  226 lbs.
    Answers

It's a Keto diet. They always suck until you get used to it. You may have caught something at the same time but either way the first couple of days carb free I always feel like $hit.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

could be due to you going in and out of ketosis which is uncomfortable. give it a little time and it should improve.

and i agree with teddy in that it is probably a coincidence that you got a sinus infection at the same time you started on a keto diet
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Well I would say it was a coincidence that I got sick at the same time but this happen at the start of both keto diets I did, thats the only reason I was wondering. Thanks though for the help guys.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Superdrol Cycle - Feeling sick
    By JF 423 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 06:48 PM
  2. Sick Feeling
    By LT2009 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 11:51 AM
  3. Feeling sick, is it the methyls?
    By Congealed in forum Supplement Logs