Feeling sick on keto..

ephedroman

Awards
Well i've been running keto now for 5 days and im already seeing some great results of off it. The thing I had trouble with like last time and is the reason I stopped then was that now after 1-2 days in I started getting sick. I managed to get sinus infection along with alot of coughing just like last time. I thought to myself that maybe keto was the reason why I got sick because maybe I was changing the body so much with the major lack of carbs that the immune system went into shock. Im getting over without it right now without medicine but does that mean that the body might be getting used to the change that its now fighting off the infection?

Just my thoughts because its funny that I came down with the same thing as I did last time I ran this diet. Any reason or info to support this?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you are taking adequate multi vitamins and such since you are limiting the beneficial nutrients with this type of diet.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
youre gonna feel sick and stuff on keto anyways, a keto diet was designed for parkinsens patients and got adopted for bbing

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
youre gonna feel sick and stuff on keto anyways, a keto diet was designed for parkinsens patients and got adopted for bbing
Umm no.

Low carb diets were around long before they started using them for Parkinsons. The first stuff on pub med referenced studies done in the 90s.

Atkins diet - 1972. And that wasn't the first.

ephedroman

Awards
Well I've gotten over the sickness anyway so the problem is no more. I had just been wondering if that was the reason which Im pretty sure was.

The bad thing is my protein isnt as high as I'd like it to be (ran out of lean meats and protein shakes for a few days until I went grocery shopping and the lack of lifting replaced with cardio) which cause me to loss muscle mass. Its not a big deal though (i was 315 two years back) as I want to get to my target weight of 200 even. I started keto at 242 as I had gained some weight from the high amounts of processed foods in the vending machines at my new job and now am proud to say am at 228.

As of now I have my diet foods bought and am back on track as far as the amount of protein and fats I should consume so I cant wait to see that 200 on the scale before long...Oh and I know that had nothing to do with the topic but why not put it out there.

ehaley

ehaley

Awards
maybe u got sick because the keto and low carbs screwed your blood ph

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Umm no.

Low carb diets were around long before they started using them for Parkinsons. The first stuff on pub med referenced studies done in the 90s.

Atkins diet - 1972. And that wasn't the first.
thansk mom.

TeddyNorcross

Awards
It's a Keto diet. They always suck until you get used to it. You may have caught something at the same time but either way the first couple of days carb free I always feel like $hit.

dropshot001

Awards
could be due to you going in and out of ketosis which is uncomfortable. give it a little time and it should improve.

and i agree with teddy in that it is probably a coincidence that you got a sinus infection at the same time you started on a keto diet

ephedroman

Awards
Well I would say it was a coincidence that I got sick at the same time but this happen at the start of both keto diets I did, thats the only reason I was wondering. Thanks though for the help guys.