PCT diet.

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Answers

PCT diet.

I'm just finishing 2.5 weeks of M1T, looking forward to a nice ****ty recovery period. But it won't be so bad if I at least get to keep most of my gains (that is not water weight).

Currently I get about 3000 calories a day, sometimes a little lower, but according to the BMR formula provided in this forum this is good enough for about 2 extra pounds a week. I've gone through 5 pounds of whey in my cycle and most of my calories are good clean ones, although I usually eat a calorie packed hearty homecooked dinner every night which may have some extra fat in it.

During PCT, which will be three weeks for me, how should my eating habits change? I think I read to increase saturated fat in this period, although I'm not sure if that was in regards to what I am thinking or not.

Anyway, let me know what to do! Any tips on training changes would be cool too, I'm on a M T T F DC schedule.

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hypo
    I'm just finishing 2.5 weeks of M1T, looking forward to a nice ****ty recovery period. But it won't be so bad if I at least get to keep most of my gains (that is not water weight).

Currently I get about 3000 calories a day, sometimes a little lower, but according to the BMR formula provided in this forum this is good enough for about 2 extra pounds a week. I've gone through 5 pounds of whey in my cycle and most of my calories are good clean ones, although I usually eat a calorie packed hearty homecooked dinner every night which may have some extra fat in it.

During PCT, which will be three weeks for me, how should my eating habits change? I think I read to increase saturated fat in this period, although I'm not sure if that was in regards to what I am thinking or not.

Anyway, let me know what to do! Any tips on training changes would be cool too, I'm on a M T T F DC schedule.
    As far as training changes, you definitely want to reduce volume and reduce time in the gym to AT MOST 45 mins. Any longer than that and you start raising your cortisol, which will already be sky high in PCT (which is why 7-OXO-DHEA is so great for PCT).

Here is a good link for training while on and off: http://www.avantlabs.com/magmain.php...ID=1&pageID=39

Oh and ignore the stuff in the article about bridging with dbol... that has been proven to be bs
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Hmm, I already only do one set per body part on a given day. However it is 15 reps rest paused. Would it work to reduce it to a heavy 6-8 total reps per body part? A lot of my hour in the gym is stretching and warming up with lighter weights.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

Hmm, I already only do one set per body part on a given day. However it is 15 reps rest paused. Would it work to reduce it to a heavy 6-8 total reps per body part? A lot of my hour in the gym is stretching and warming up with lighter weights.
    Well how often (on what days) do you lift? You could try adding in more rest days between body parts. Also, stretching isn't included in the "keep it under 45 mins", as it does not contribute to any increase in corisol... only from the first rep of your first lift to your last rep of your last lift would you time your workout session.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Pretty much I do monday as upper body minus biceps, then tuesday as lower body with biceps. Then the same thursday and friday but with different exercises. Maybe I should workout in the same way but every other day?
  6. Jcc
    Answers

Perhaps just do straight sets rather than rest pausing it.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Answers

start my Pct tomorrow, anyone have any diet suggestions?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Answers

increase protein & healthy fats...
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Keep cals high. Especially protein and EFAs.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

as for training...your going to burn out if you stick to the 4 day a week DC protocal. Even Dante says most trainees are better of doing MWFM routines. Id lower the # of days in the gym.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Cool, I'll try doing it every other day with weekends off instead of M T T F. And I will also attempt to keep my weights the same because last time I actually had less strength than when I started after PCT!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT diet, old school 70's style
    By greekgeorge in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 12:26 PM
  2. Losing fat on PCT (diet questions)
    By Maxwell600 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 08:25 PM
  3. Hdrol Cut cycle - PCT diet question
    By WunHungLo in forum Post Cycle Therapy