Another fruit & veggie carb question

itzgambino

Awards
I was searching the thread but could not really come across an exact answer for this...should you count veggies and fruits towards your overall carb numbers for the day when cutting (I am not doing a keto diet or anything, just carb cycling). Or should you just use discretion and count things like avocado and bananas.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was searching the thread but could not really come across an exact answer for this...should you count veggies and fruits towards your overall carb numbers for the day when cutting (I am not doing a keto diet or anything, just carb cycling). Or should you just use discretion and count things like avocado and bananas.
Most fruit and vegetable calories re carbohydrates are negligible, but the ones with a higher sugar content/larger portions (fruit), or the more starchy ones (vegetables) are not, and those I would count towards the totals. It's up to you what you count or not, but IMO it's always good to know how much of every macronutrient you are having though, regardless (and it helps re calories as well).

~Team APPNUT

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
This is sort of a strange question because vegetables and fruit are so different. Fruit obviously counts so there isn't even a need to ask... Vegetables count but really only matter when you are getting leaner or are stuck. I never count them until I am 10% or under but then again I am only talking about greens which are 50% or higher fiber carbs. Other stuff like corn always has be be counted.