Too Few Calories???

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  236 lbs.
    Answers

Too Few Calories???

I'm 6'2 and 220 - 31 years old. Already in pretty good shape (in the 4-pk range). I have been experimenting with my diet forever and even gone so far as to keep a log breaking it down by every single cal and gram of pro/carb/fat for the last month. Extremely clean diet, including all the vits, good fats, etc.

I am at a desk 5 days a week (pretty low cal burning stuff), hit the weights hard three times a week for about 45 mins - hour. Stationary bike 2-3 times on off days for 40 minutes in the fat burning heart rate range.

1 other thing. I use 4 tabs of Xenadrine NRG (2 - twice a day) every week day to keep myself humming. I really like this stuff by the way, but I am pretty sensitive to stimulants so it is just right for me.

Without telling you how many calories I am currently using as a benchmark (since I don't want to bias the answers), how many calories do you think someone my size should be eating to be in a maintain/lose a pound or two phase? My goal weight is 215.

I think I am undereating and it is and putting my body into survival mode (slow bmr).

Let me know.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  236 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cyberseano
    I'm currently 6' 1" 217lbs - 30 years old.

My BMR is right around 3400 calories.
    For about 8 months I was taking in roughly 1400 calories a day or lower. Very low carbs. WAS 260lbs @ about 30% BF. I KNOW I HAD to of lost muscle durring that time but I was hell bent on losing the weight fast. Just got a divorce and was looking at being out in the market again!

I didn't really know I was so low until I started logging it on fitday.com

As soon as I found out it was that low, I started adjusting my diet to be more within the 2500 calorie range (1000 below BMR) for roughly 2 pound per week lose of fat.

I noticed that even on Stacker 2 and Guggulbolic Extreme I wasn't losing very much fat.
    My metabolism seems to be asleep most of the time.

I dropped down to 1800-2000 calorie range and finally started losing BF again. Some people say I'm too low on calories but anything MORE then that and I start putting on weight. We're all different.

Right now I've been on Methyl-D, Swole, Nitrous for the past 3 weeks and S1+ for the past 2 weeks.
    I'm retaining a lot of water. I went up to 217lbs from about 206lbs 3 weeks ago and that's on 1800-2000 calories /ed !

I can't wait to start cutting and get this water out of me.
    I want to see my abs again damnit!!
    --- I almost think with me it is that I've starved myself to the point that when I do have a blow out cal day I actually feel better. I am starting to think that since I use therms a lot that is why I am not hungrier than I am.

How is the M-D working for you. Seems to be a lot of mixed reviews. I haven't tried any PH yet, but was thinking maybe 1-T/4AD.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  236 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cyberseano
    Been @ 6mg /ed for 3 weeks and 1 day now. Roughly @ the 2 week mark I started feeling extreme pain in my Prostate. After sex I would feel shooting pains through it. Also it felt like I was pissing razor-blades plus when I did piss it was just tiny little trickle. I have to sit on the toilet for 30 minutes (no joke) before I felt comfortable to get up.

I was drinking 3 gallons of water each day. At first I thought it was a bladder infection but with all the water I was drinking I just couldn't believe that. After the 3rd time having sex and it feeling that way, I stopped the sex completely. I mean Hell, sex just isn't worth pure torture like that.

Now granted I wasn't taking anything for my prostate so I'm totally to blame but at the same time I never had a problem in the past so I didn't think twice about it.

I picked up some Saw Palmetto and started taking 300mg with each meal. After the second day of Saw Palmetto the pain completely went away. THANK GOD. I thought was gonna die from the pain.
    Now I'm simply taking 150mg with each meal and it's keeping things under control.

Now, with that said, I'm not 100% sure it was only the M-D causing this because I also started 200mg of 1-T and 300mg of 4AD Transdermals /ed about 1 week into my 4 week cycle of M-D.

Again, I've been on 1-T/4AD oral cycles before and never had this type of pain in my prostate EVER. This was crazy pain, like someone was shoving a red hot poker up my ass!!!

So far, within 3 weeks of M-D my strength has gone through the roof. All my weights are up to insane number for me.
    For example:

Triceps Push-down:
    Before M-D, 50lbs 3 sets of 10.
    3 weeks into M-D, 110lbs 3 sets of 8.

Alternating dumbbell curls:
    Before M-D, 30lbs, 3 set of 10.
    3 weeks into M-D, 60lbs, 3 sets of 10.

Bench press
    Before M-D, 225lbs, 3 sets of 10.
    3 weeks into M-D, 275lbs, 3 sets of 10.

Only 1 minor problem now....
    My tendons can't keep up with my new strength. My shoulders and elbows are in extreme pain 90% of the day. I have to ice them about 3-4 times a day just so I can move around.

I've been keeping on my cutting diet but NOT taking any thermos.
    I'm up about 10lbs but I think it's mostly water from the 4AD.
    I'm also using Lipoderm Ultra 2x a day 8pumps each time.
    Not sure if it's helping with the water weight but if it IS, I hate to see what I would look like without the Lipoderm Ultra!

I've noticed a big difference in body composition but I'm not sure if it's the 2 weeks of being on 1T/4AD Trans or the MD.
    I'm curious, what type of results did you get on the 1-T/4AD? Seems to me if they were good, there might not be a whole lot of benefit to MD 20/20 (my new name for MD after reading your message).

Let me know your thoughts. I'm actually thinking maybe going even more conservative at first and doing a 19-Nor/1,4 Andro cycle. (side note, any idea of +/- of 1,4 andro over 1,4 androdiol?. I know the conversion science, but I mean real world experience).

Tell me what your thoughts are on this, you obviously have a lot more first hand experience with this stuff than I do. Just trying to benefit from your experience brother.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  236 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kraftkid
    I'm curious, what type of results did you get on the 1-T/4AD? Seems to me if they were good, there might not be a whole lot of benefit to MD 20/20 (my new name for MD after reading your message).

Let me know your thoughts. I'm actually thinking maybe going even more conservative at first and doing a 19-Nor/1,4 Andro cycle. (side note, any idea of +/- of 1,4 andro over 1,4 androdiol?. I know the conversion science, but I mean real world experience).

Tell me what your thoughts are on this, you obviously have a lot more first hand experience with this stuff than I do. Just trying to benefit from your experience brother.
    PS - Those are crazy strengths gains by the way. I just went back over them to make sure I didn't read it wrong. In the immortal words of Bill Murray from Caddyshack - "So MD's got that going for it".

Similar Forum Threads

1. Too mamy calories
    By itzbubble in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM
  2. how many calories is too much?
    By hugry4more in forum Bulking
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
  3. How Few Calories is too few?
    By skidalybop50 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 06:07 PM
  4. Too many calories?
    By FlawedGrunt in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 10:02 AM
  5. Hairylarry35's DCP log (and a few more goodies, too!)
    By HairyLarry35 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 12:23 PM