3rd Week of Keto, weight loss at a halt...

alih92

Awards
I'm stalled at 183-185. I did however get a scale today to make sure I'm eating right.

As of now, my diet is pretty low in calories.
I'm a soon to be college student and I NEED the sleep so I wake up at around 12 noon everyday.
I have breakfast at noon, lunch at 3-4 and then workout and come back home at around 6-7 and then have dinner at 8-9.

Today I had this:
Breakfast - 4 eggs
Lunch - 100g Ground Chuck
Dinner - 100g Ground Chuck

My exercise routine is as follows:
Cardio EVERYDAY MINIMUM 30 minutes
Lifting 3-4 times a week A/B Split
A - Pushing
DB Chest Press 3x10
Shoulder Press 3x8-10
Shoulder Raise 2x10-15
Tricep Pushdowns 3x8-15 (I pyramid the weights)
Dips 3x10

B - Pulling
Pushups 3x10
DB Rows 3x10
Close Grip Cable Rows 3x8-12
Cable Rows 3x10
Bicep Curls 3x8-12
Preacher Curls 3x8-12
Lat Pulldowns 3x8-10
Straight Arm Pulldowns 2x10

NEED some advice please. Also currently my EC dosage is 2x a day 25mg E/200mg C

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm stalled at 183-185. I did however get a scale today to make sure I'm eating right.

As of now, my diet is pretty low in calories.
I'm a soon to be college student and I NEED the sleep so I wake up at around 12 noon everyday.
I have breakfast at noon, lunch at 3-4 and then workout and come back home at around 6-7 and then have dinner at 8-9.

Today I had this:
Breakfast - 4 eggs
Lunch - 100g Ground Chuck
Dinner - 100g Ground Chuck

My exercise routine is as follows:
Cardio EVERYDAY MINIMUM 30 minutes
Lifting 3-4 times a week A/B Split
A - Pushing
DB Chest Press 3x10
Shoulder Press 3x8-10
Shoulder Raise 2x10-15
Tricep Pushdowns 3x8-15 (I pyramid the weights)
Dips 3x10

B - Pulling
Pushups 3x10
DB Rows 3x10
Close Grip Cable Rows 3x8-12
Cable Rows 3x10
Bicep Curls 3x8-12
Preacher Curls 3x8-12
Lat Pulldowns 3x8-10
Straight Arm Pulldowns 2x10

NEED some advice please. Also currently my EC dosage is 2x a day 25mg E/200mg C
Well, after 3 weeks of strict keto, you cant really lose that much more. I got my brother on keto, lost 18lbs in about 3 weeks and wouldnt lose anymore after. I suggest you start adding in some complex carbs into the mix, add some to every meal, and you may start to see weight loss..

alih92

Awards
Well, after 3 weeks of strict keto, you cant really lose that much more. I got my brother on keto, lost 18lbs in about 3 weeks and wouldnt lose anymore after. I suggest you start adding in some complex carbs into the mix, add some to every meal, and you may start to see weight loss..
No, Im just started the third week today (monday).
I started two weeks ago at 194-196. I'm at 185 right but it was only water weight lost (imo).

What do I do now?
Continue with keto or what? However you said introduce carbs, it's wierd cuz sometimes on keto I gain weight and then I get really bad cravings and then I'l have my cheat meal earlier and then forego it later and then suddenly my weight drops and my cheat meals are pretty nasty (ice c1reams/pizza/etc)

What do you think about a balanced 40/40/20 diet? With calories based on 15 x Bodyweight - 500

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No cheat meals man, it totally messes up keto.. From what I have heard.. Im not one to talk about losing weight.. Go ask Rossie Scott and she will point you in the right direction.

alih92

Awards
Ugh, I really wanna stick it out with 2 more weeks of keto and then slowly reintroduce carbs.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ugh, I really wanna stick it out with 2 more weeks of keto and then slowly reintroduce carbs.
Then you need to increase your fat/protein intake, more than you already have.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
How many cals is that per day? I may have done the calculation wrong so correct me if it is but 100g ground chuck is 3.5 oz and if I saw the calories right on chuck it was only 150 cals per meal??? I'm confused because if this is so your total daily intake is around 700 cals? If this is so then at 185 you definitely need to be eating WAY MORE than you currently are. Starvation isn't the way to go.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many cals is that per day? I may have done the calculation wrong so correct me if it is but 100g ground chuck is 3.5 oz and if I saw the calories right on chuck it was only 150 cals per meal??? I'm confused because if this is so your total daily intake is around 700 cals? If this is so then at 185 you definitely need to be eating WAY MORE than you currently are. Starvation isn't the way to go.
My thoughts exactly. You need to get your calories up around 2000-2200 a day with the same Keto macros you are working off of. You need to be eating protein and fat in much higher quantities at each meal. Throw in some leafy greens if you want to add fiber without adding complex carbs. Also, might want to get up to 8-10 grams of fish oil a day along with the other fats. Starvation will stall weight loss and cause water retention whereas with Keto you want the opposite, high fat/protein and high water intake to keep your kidneys/colon/liver working properly.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
REFEED DAY!!!!!!!!!!! depending on bodyfat, 400 carbs is good to start.!!! all high glycemic and 10% carbs pre training and 60 percent post training then the last 30 percent the meal after that.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
You do need a refeed day. It will reintroduce your body to weight loss. 1 oz of ground chuck equals about 29grams, as far as ground beef goes. One of my small meals is your entire diet. You're not eating anywhere close to enough fat, protein, or overall calories to be on Keto.

alih92

Awards
Okay guys, I increased my meals:
Breakfast - 4 eggs/1 cucumber OR 1 cup lettuce/Olive Oil
Pre Workout - 200g Ground Chuck 1/2 Cucumber or 1 cup lettuce
Post Workout - 200g Ground Chuck 1/2 Cucumber or 1 cup lettuce
Pre Bed - 50g Almonds

The thing is that I don't feel hungry and I'm pretty much forcing myself to eat.
I guess I still need more protein, the method I used was take my bodyfat (23% and subtract the amount of fat from my BW to get Lean body mass which is 142-143 lbs). I don't have a way to calculate the EXACT macro profile of the ground chuck ( we got it from a family butcher and so he just cuts up an entire cow and trims the fat off ).

I've also made a habit of drinking atleast 24oz of water with every meal. I think I was retaining water.

I check my weight every morning, Monday it was 178, Tuesday 179, Wednesday 180, and today 181...wtf?

I've been taking pics every weekend so when I'm done with these last two weeks (this week, and next week) I will post all pics and see what went wrong and what I did right.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
We wont be able to tell much from the pics. You have to be taking in carbs somewhere to be gaining weight like that. Your diet still isnt big enough. Youre basically getting 3/4lb of ground chuck and 4 eggs a day. Seriously, I eat that before 10am. You still havent mentioned a refeed - a crab up! - day. Its key to Keto. If you cant eat more than what you are, you wont be able to run the diet effectively. You need to just cram it in. and why stick to ground beef? Theres chicken, get some Low carb protein shakes, get fish, steaks, ham. Wheres the cheese and mayo? They all add fat and calories to the diet.

alih92

Awards
We wont be able to tell much from the pics. You have to be taking in carbs somewhere to be gaining weight like that. Your diet still isnt big enough. Youre basically getting 3/4lb of ground chuck and 4 eggs a day. Seriously, I eat that before 10am. You still havent mentioned a refeed - a crab up! - day. Its key to Keto. If you cant eat more than what you are, you wont be able to run the diet effectively. You need to just cram it in. and why stick to ground beef? Theres chicken, get some Low carb protein shakes, get fish, steaks, ham. Wheres the cheese and mayo? They all add fat and calories to the diet.
Okay let me get some cheese and mayo on my beef right now :)
I'm gonna do a refeed this weekend, I'm guessing 300+g of carbs, LOW FAT, moderate protein.

With 2 slices cheese + 2.5 TBSP of mayo for each ground beef meal, I come out to:
2166 Calories, 163g Fat, 156g Protein (I only have 143 lbs of LEAN BODY MUSCLE, 23% bodyfat at 185lbs). I think this is good.

Also, I rotate my meats based on what's selling for cheap (i'm a broke student) and I'm waiting for my protein flavor packs to arrive (unflavored protein tastes like drinking flour + water).

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Okay let me get some cheese and mayo on my beef right now :)
I'm gonna do a refeed this weekend, I'm guessing 300+g of carbs, LOW FAT, moderate protein.

With 2 slices cheese + 2.5 TBSP of mayo for each ground beef meal, I come out to:
2166 Calories, 163g Fat, 156g Protein (I only have 143 lbs of LEAN BODY MUSCLE, 23% bodyfat at 185lbs). I think this is good.

Also, I rotate my meats based on what's selling for cheap (i'm a broke student) and I'm waiting for my protein flavor packs to arrive (unflavored protein tastes like drinking flour + water).
These macros look a lot better. If you don't get hungry its because your stomach has shrunk down. You need to stretch it out and eat consistantly. Do you work nights? Why do you sleep till noon? Plenty of time to eat at least 1 more meal.

I agree. Do a carb up saturday. But go for 500 carbs, low fat and some protein on sat. Get back on diet sunday.

SuperRook

Awards
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Protein = LBM (Lean Body Mass) X 1.5
Fat = LBM X .5-.6

Eat every 2.5-3 hours

Fat should come from olive oil, mac nut oil, PB, almonds (sometimes)...

FISH OIL - 6-9 grams per day
Multi-vitamin
Psyllium Husk Fiber 2 times a day

heres an example of breakfast, and a lunch/dinner/whatever meal

Breakfast
5 whole eggs with 2 oz deli turkey

Lunch
7 oz Chicken Breast, 1 TBSP EVOO/Mac Nut Oil (do not cook with EVOO just drink it)

Dinner
7 oz Ground Beef or Steak, 1 cup broccoli, 1 TBSP EVOO

NEVER have any direct sources of carbs except on your Cheat/Refeed Day

Refeed meal once a week same day every week. eat what you want. keep carbs high.

alih92

Awards
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Protein = LBM (Lean Body Mass) X 1.5
Fat = LBM X .5-.6

Eat every 2.5-3 hours

Fat should come from olive oil, mac nut oil, PB, almonds (sometimes)...

FISH OIL - 6-9 grams per day
Multi-vitamin
Psyllium Husk Fiber 2 times a day

heres an example of breakfast, and a lunch/dinner/whatever meal

Breakfast
5 whole eggs with 2 oz deli turkey

Lunch
7 oz Chicken Breast, 1 TBSP EVOO/Mac Nut Oil (do not cook with EVOO just drink it)

Dinner
7 oz Ground Beef or Steak, 1 cup broccoli, 1 TBSP EVOO

NEVER have any direct sources of carbs except on your Cheat/Refeed Day

Refeed meal once a week same day every week. eat what you want. keep carbs high.
I thank you for your input, but I've been following a method listed in Lyle Mcdonald's product and I would like to follow that, also it's REALLY HARD for me to eat 214-215grams of protein, hell I'm CUTTING FAT, not BUILDING muscle.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
are you taking in artificial sweeteners or whey protein? that can get you out of ketosis. you should be able to stay in ketosis as long as you like.

if i were you, if fat loss is important id cut back on the protein and increase the amount of fat you consume.

ECA goes very well on keto.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
are you taking in artificial sweeteners or whey protein? that can get you out of ketosis. you should be able to stay in ketosis as long as you like.

if i were you, if fat loss is important id cut back on the protein and increase the amount of fat you consume.

Jackpot. Keep the fat high, protein moderate.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
you can google macronutrient calculator, and one of the first 2 entries allows you to calculate a keto diet and mess with percentages. your macros should be about 65/30/5 (f/p/c)

TeddyNorcross

Awards
ECA

I would Def. do an ECA stack along with the advice of eating more often.

SuperRook

Awards
I thank you for your input, but I've been following a method listed in Lyle Mcdonald's product and I would like to follow that, also it's REALLY HARD for me to eat 214-215grams of protein, hell I'm CUTTING FAT, not BUILDING muscle.
Alright. You can do it however you like.

alih92

Awards

I AM taking EC twice a day, 200mg C/25mg E 2x a day.
My protein consumption is at around 150g or higher (i've based this on lyle mcdonald's method where you take LBM and multiply it by 1-1.5)

This is my third week of keto, I plan to do one more week (next week) If I can reach my goal of 180 I'm gonna get off and maintain for a week.

If I can't I'm gonna try something else.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just reading it right now, however the amount of protein he recommends just seems arbritrary and way too high.

He uses BW x 1.5 and that's ALOT OF PROTEIN, usually more protein than fat.

I disagree with his opinion and think Fat should be higher.
did you see the other reccomendations?