Creatine on low carb diet

NymXXL

Awards
Hi. I was working out 2 years ago. Then stopped due to injury and gained about 35 lbs. In July I have hited the gym again trying to lose some fat . Already droped 20 lbs in 70 days (maybe even more fat becouse I gained some mucles too :D ). But I am kinda stuck now I wanna start low carb diet. So I am asking, is it wasting money to buy creatine on low carb diet while hitting the gym 4 times a week and 3 times a week cardio ? I am eating 1g protein / 1 lb of body weight ( primarily from chicken, egg whites, low cottage cheese and some whey protein ). Or is it even possible to build some muscles while dieting (600 calories deficit)?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its very hard to build muscles on a 600 deficit- its possible with anabolic steroids- without them- ur going to have a hard time preserving what muscle u have- although if ur just starting back ur muscles memory will kick in and u will regain what u lost in half the time it took to build it- so u will gain some muscle- just not ALOT

Creatine is good on a cut- because it helps maintain muscle mass and strength

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi. I was working out 2 years ago. Then stopped due to injury and gained about 35 lbs. In July I have hited the gym again trying to lose some fat . Already droped 20 lbs in 70 days (maybe even more fat becouse I gained some mucles too :D ). But I am kinda stuck now I wanna start low carb diet. So I am asking, is it wasting money to buy creatine on low carb diet while hitting the gym 4 times a week and 3 times a week cardio ? I am eating 1g protein / 1 lb of body weight ( primarily from chicken, egg whites, low cottage cheese and some whey protein ). Or is it even possible to build some muscles while dieting (600 calories deficit)?
No, it is NOT a waste using creatine on a low carbohydrate diet (and just so you know, you do NOT have to do low carbohydrate to successfully lose fat). If you are anaerobic or resistance training, then creatine should be a STAPLE in your supplement arsenal!

And no, it is NOT possible to gain muscle on an overall caloric deficit. Muscle growth only occurs during an energy surplus (I recommend that you actually look into the physiology if muscle growth - here's a couple of articles on nutrition and training for Gaining Muscle) - on that much of a caloric deficit and going by your training and diet, you're more likely to be LOSING muscle mass.

~Team APPNUT