losing fat fast

Shavani

Awards
what's the best way to lose fat fast? Is it eating no carbs at all, no carbs after 4 pm, ....I've heard so many stories.

wariat

Awards
no carbs after 6 pm..

- take fish oil
- take protein
- drink lot water
- give time for fat losing

Shavani

Awards
what's the maximum fat loss I should hope to expect on a weekly basis?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
what's the maximum fat loss I should hope to expect on a weekly basis?
I would shoot for no more than 2lbs a week, but this also depends on how overweight you are and how long you have been training, if overweight and just beginning you can expect to lose more than that per week but should slow down to about 1-2 lbs a few weeks later..

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what's the best way to lose fat fast? Is it eating no carbs at all, no carbs after 4 pm, ....I've heard so many stories.
IMO carbs are overrated in their involvement in body fat management.

First, except for 'recomping' (which is really slow) you need an energy (calorie) deficit to lose weight. So you need some idea of what your energy expenditure and consumption are.

Second, you need to lift weights to encourage your body to preserve muscle and burn fat.

Just read Rosie's guide for specifics: http://www.rosiesmusclerevolution.webs.com/fat_loss.htm

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I would shoot for no more than 2lbs a week, but this also depends on how overweight you are and how long you have been training, if overweight and just beginning you can expect to lose more than that per week but should slow down to about 1-2 lbs a few weeks later..
IMO carbs are overrated in their involvement in body fat management.

First, except for 'recomping' (which is really slow) you need an energy (calorie) deficit to lose weight. So you need some idea of what your energy expenditure and consumption are.

Second, you need to lift weights to encourage your body to preserve muscle and burn fat.

Just read Rosie's guide for specifics: http://www.rosiesmusclerevolution.webs.com/fat_loss.htm

WELL SAID!

Shavani

Awards
so at 250 lbs 6 ft 2, I can expect more than 2 pounds a week I hope?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I think it's important to consider that while you are trying to cut some calories out to keep eating throughout the day to stay anabolic. Protein will help to preserve muscle, so if upping the protein means you have to cut out SOME carbs well then that's a good explanation of a lower carb diet. I don't think that carbs will necessarily make you or break you, but you need to focus on adjusting your diet as you see progress or the lack thereof. I also agree that you need to lift heavy to help maintain strength and lean mass.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2lbs a week is ideal for losing fat.

Look into Dragon's keto thread in this section. It may be something your interested in.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
you may be able to do 3lbs for the first wk or so, they it will slowly drop off and continue to do so. After the low carb diet i would dive stright into a low fat diet to keep that lost weight off. Only drop your cals by 700-900 the first week as you will have to drop and drop them later on in the diet to continue to maintain fatloss.

adamroya

Awards
no carbs after 6 pm..

- take fish oil
- take protein
- drink lot water
- give time for fat losing
^ this plus cardio and a good fat burner if you are ambitious lol