Collective genius of AB, help me cut!

Cupofmoto

Cupofmoto

Awards
Collective genius of AM, help me cut!

Hello everyone, I have been reading endlessly on AM for the past 4 months and have decided to post what I'm doing to cut and get feedback. I make very slow progress which is frustrating so any help would be much appreciated (I have actually helped train other people and seen them grow over the years while I have not!) I will break this down into background, diet, training, supps. You can skip background if you want.

Background

I have been weightlifting more or less for the past 5 years, though only in the past 2 did I know what I was doing (yes I used to go to the weight room every day to train bis and tris only!) I did a back and forth b/t traditional bb and crossfit every 6th months and most recently did a 6 month run of Madcow 5x5 plus my ROTC cardio workouts 3x week (in those 2 yrs I went from 140 to 165 while dropping a little bf). This summer I have been trying to bring my bf down (I am very self conscious of some gyno that I've had forever) and am about 1.5 months in, I've lost 6 lbs so far. I'm not super strong: 5 rp mx bench 195, 5 rp max squat 275 but I can run a mile in about 5:15.

Diet
My mom's a dietitian so I've always eaten super clean.

Breakfast:
2 eggs, 4 egg whites or if I am feeling lazy, 1 scoop whey
1/2 cup slow cook oatmeal in milk w/ blueberries or a banana

Lunch:
2 slices Ezekiel bread
2 cans chunk light tuna or equivalent amount of turkey or chicken
whole bunch of salad w/ mushrooms, tomatoes, etc no dressing
1 yam, sweet potato, or equivalent brown rice

Pre W/O
Banana and .5 scoop whey

Post W/O
1 scoop whey w/ 8 ounces milk and 1 packet instant oatmeal

Dinner:
2 chicken breasts or steak or fish
Lots of salad
Cup of rice

OR

Whatever my family is eating that night, try to go healthy e.g. fish tacos w/ no cheese or sauce

Before bed:

1 scoop casein + 10 ounces milk

Training

In the beginning of my diet I did UD 2.0 for about 2 weeks but almost died so not doing that anymore lol.
The logic behind my split is that I want to burn as many calories as possible and preserve muscle. I actually think its pretty clever but feel free to tear it apart.

3 day split
Day 1: Push barbell (chest, military press & tris, I hit all angles ~1 hour)
I pick from flat, incline and decline bench, flys, tri push down, dips, press, push ups, overhead press, skull crushers
Day 1 variation: use dumbbells instead

Day 2: Pull (back, shoulders, bis)
I pick from pull ups, bb rows, seated cable pull, bent over rows w/bench, shrugs, db curls, cable curls, bb curls

Day 3: Legs
I pick from squats (love these do them every time) Romanian deadlift, deadlift, leg press, leg curl machine, leg extension

Day 4: Rest

Cardio:

Usually do no more than 20 min steady state cardio on bike or elliptical after lifting
Surf for 2-5 hours 4x week

Sups

Fish oil 3 grms/day
OEP 2/day
Bronkaid 25 2/day at same time as OEP
NOTE: I am not a stim junkie, never drank coffee actually so I feel like I'm on crack
Multi

THANK YOU FOR READING Here is a current pick
am.JPG

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
I skim longer posts but...

I might think you should get some bloodwork done for tsh and free test/estrogen levels. Possibly your super clean diet could have messed up our hormone levels in some way because with that diet and training you should have lost a lot more than 6 pounds in 6 weeks at your current bf%.

Cupofmoto

Cupofmoto

Awards
Hmmm, that is a very interesting point. That could also explain why it has been so hard for me to put on muscle over the past 5 years. If I do have low test levels what would you suggest short of AAS? I am only 20 yrs old so all these hormones should be at an all time high. I'm getting my blood work from about a yr ago faxed to me so see what that reveals.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
I am not an expert on test boosters but the simple stuff is important like adding more saturated fasts and dietary cholesterol. Free range eggs and butter, grass fed beef and wild salmon. Extra virgin olive oil is good as well but best raw and not used in cooking. It gets expensive and honestly I can't afford to eat that way full time but if you can then there is a diet called The mountain dog diet that should help boosting test levels.

I really think most OCT test boosters are a scam. If you decide to buy one do a LOT of research and I don't just mean on boards. Boards are very biased, no one wants to piss in anyone elses Cheerios and there is a LOT of money at stake. Heck even in research studies nearly everything known to man has been shown to increase test in at least one study. A product that acts as an aromatase inhibitor may help, also some of the 7-dhea (keto, oxo ect) can lower cortisol and increase thyroid output, finally a free test releaser could help but I don't know of one that is worth the cost because most are unproven scientifically or haven't shown enough real world results to justify their often high prices. On a more positive note, the DAA or d aspratmic acid or whatever it is does show some promise as a test booster.

Cupofmoto

Cupofmoto

Awards
Well got my blood test back today and everything is normal except CPK which was at 8000 (my doc said 200 is normal). This is pretty scary so I am dropping the e and oep to see if that helps. I don't know if this combo is causing it but if anyone else is thinking about it, don't!

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
Well got my blood test back today and everything is normal except CPK which was at 8000 (my doc said 200 is normal). This is pretty scary so I am dropping the e and oep to see if that helps. I don't know if this combo is causing it but if anyone else is thinking about it, don't!
Did he give you the numbers or just say "normal"? Medical range is INASE especially for thyroid. They consider VERY low to be normal when it really isn't even healthy levels.

Cupofmoto

Cupofmoto

Awards
He just said "normal." Luckily I also asked him to fax me the results. My TSH (3rd generation) is 1.5 and my T4 total is 9.1. I can't find free testosterone on here, I think I recall my doc telling me he wouldn't test for it unless I had ED lol. Is this normal?