My "CARB REFEED" day is coming up what to eat??? (KETO) I HAVE A PLAN, crit please!

alih92

Awards
My "CARB REFEED" day is coming up what to eat??? (KETO) I HAVE A PLAN, crit please!

Whenever I do keto, I end up lasting for about 1-2 weeks cuz the god damn carb up days kill me.

So I've decided this time, ONLY ONE CARBUP DAY on the last WORKOUT DAY of the week, if I workout 4x a week then it's a sunday, if 3x its a saturday.

Now I realize that I still have to eat below maintenance to lose weight. I've lost a LOT of water weight this week. Monday I was 194-196, today this morning I was 177, drank some water and ate breakfast was 183, after gym 186 lol.

Okay I have a basic understanding of carb up days, HIGH CARBS/HIGH PROTEIN, LOW LOW FAT. I'm guessing Carbs + Fats = all the weight will be regained.

I'm deciding to eat carbs only half day (morning), they will consist of TWO of these meals (Spaghetti/Mozarella/Chicken Breasts OR THIGHS, Grilled Chicken Sandwhich in a bun, or Grilled Chicken with rice AND OR a buttered baked potato).

After around 2-3, I will workout, High Reps/High Sets/Little Rests and deplete my glycogen stores and then top it off with 45 minutes LISS.

SuperRook

Awards
How long have you been on the diet for?
What are you specs? (Weight, BF%)

You want to have your refeed as your last meal of the day.

You do not need to eat below maintenence.

The main reason to keep fats lower is just to have more room for carbs to be absorbed.

You want to gain weight on this day as it shows that you have replenished your muscles with glycogen.
Weigh yourself in the morning of your refeed day. This is your "BASELINE WEIGHT"
Then again before bed or the next morning. This is to ensure you gained and had a proper refeed

The goal is to get back to "baseline weight" within 2-3 days and then lose 1-3 pounds by your next refeed.

Eat what you are craving and keep carbs very high.

alih92

Awards

The main reason to keep fats lower is just to have more room for carbs to be absorbed.

You want to gain weight on this day as it shows that you have replenished your muscles with glycogen.
Weigh yourself in the morning of your refeed day. This is your "BASELINE WEIGHT"
Then again before bed or the next morning. This is to ensure you gained and had a proper refeed

The goal is to get back to "baseline weight" within 2-3 days and then lose 1-3 pounds by your next refeed.

I've been on the KETO diet since monday.
Age 18, Height 5 feet 9 inches, Weight current 183-186, BF is around 20-30 percent...I've never done a Bodyfat test so this is just a BALLPARK guess. I have a gut and slight moobage but no stomach rolls or triple chins or so much fat that to wash my man parts I have to lift my stomach.

SuperRook

Awards
Ok well first off you need to go 2 weeks before your first refeed

so wait another week then go ahead and have your refeed meal as the last meal of the day.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Whenever I do keto, I end up lasting for about 1-2 weeks cuz the god damn carb up days kill me.

So I've decided this time, ONLY ONE CARBUP DAY on the last WORKOUT DAY of the week, if I workout 4x a week then it's a sunday, if 3x its a saturday.

You should only be doing one cheat day a week, and only after 14 days without a cheat day.

Now I realize that I still have to eat below maintenance to lose weight. I've lost a LOT of water weight this week. Monday I was 194-196, today this morning I was 177, drank some water and ate breakfast was 183, after gym 186 lol.

Okay I have a basic understanding of carb up days, HIGH CARBS/HIGH PROTEIN, LOW LOW FAT. I'm guessing Carbs + Fats = all the weight will be regained.

Wrong. What you want to do is focus all your eating on carbs. Don't worry about the protein as it will add up. Just eat foods that are fat free. Try not to exceed more than 50-60g of fat if possible...at the most no more than 75g

I'm deciding to eat carbs only half day (morning), they will consist of TWO of these meals (Spaghetti/Mozarella/Chicken Breasts OR THIGHS, Grilled Chicken Sandwhich in a bun, or Grilled Chicken with rice AND OR a buttered baked potato).

Dude this is your cheat day. Eat some bull$hit. Start off earlier in the day eating higher GI carbs...and then later in the day transition to low GI carbs.

After around 2-3, I will workout, High Reps/High Sets/Little Rests and deplete my glycogen stores and then top it off with 45 minutes LISS.
To be honest, I would do your cheat on an off day so you can just focus on eating

rdinero22

Awards
i also am starting this diet tomorrow. can anyone let me know if having watermelon once a day after working out in the evening would throw me out of ketosis?

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established

This^^^