Keto first week 9-10 lbs lost???!!! Am I doing something wrong?

alih92

Awards
I've done keto before, but this time I did it with EC stack.

I started this monday at 194-196. Today I'm at 185.2-185.6.

Is this too quick?
Also before I forget, two weeks ago I did keto for 4 days and I got from 195 to 189, but I gave in and cracked and ate carbs, this time I have my motivations and goals set and I allow my self a cheat meal every now and then and have realized weight loss and control is an ongoing struggle, one meal wont kill me I just need to get back up and continue on, I can't lose all hope and just give up. It's this negative self limiting factor that would **** my diets up all the time.

But as of today, this week I've gone from 195 to 185, is this mostly water weight, or is it fat? My parents have said my chest looks alot tighter and my face is a bit skinnier :)

trippn

trippn

Awards
Mostly water bro. Caffeine is a diuretic. Make sure u are drinking over a gallon of water minimum per day.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
to be honest initial weight loss depends on CALORIC INTAKE, and carbs.

if carbs are at 300g, your going to drop about 2.5 lbs in water. 5 at most. this is why i urge every one to eat keto at maintence calories so they can see how much they actually lose from dropping carbs, and fat will determin your rate of weight loss after.

alih92

Awards
Well I've done keto on and off and I've trained for 4 years now. I generally workout and do cardio 3x a week wether I'm on a diet or not.

With my USUAL CRAPPY DIET, I eat around 3000 calories and with weightlifting/cardio I can maintain my weight. Currently my lifts have stayed the same, other lifts such as farmer's/waiter's walks have gone up. My caloric intake is around 1500-2000. I try to get in ATLEAST 150g of protein, I'm more lenient on the fat and the carbs. For carbs I just try to avoid them ALL TOGETHER, from bread, potatoes, condiments, etc...If I do get a craving, I'll eat two or three crackers.

Also, I haven't been eating veggies or fruits, except for about half an onion for breakfast with an omelette. What non starchy veggies do you guys recommend? Cuz the ones I like are all off limits, potatoes, peas, corn, carrots lol

trippn

trippn

Awards
Celery, spinach, cucumbers, squash, green beans, asparagus, lettuce are all good choices. I tell my wife, if its green, we can eat it.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
I lose about 8 lbs in 2 days whenever I go into Keto after being away from the diet for any lengthy period. Its mostly water weight. If you go off for five days and come back, you'll lose 5 right off the bat... excess water dropping off.

alih92

Awards
Celery, spinach, cucumbers, squash, green beans, asparagus, lettuce are all good choices. I tell my wife, if its green, we can eat it.
Oh good god, I LOVE CUCUMBERS :D
Are peppers okay, I really like jalapenos and sweet bell peppers. What about avocados?

trippn

trippn

Awards
Yes, peppers are actually great on a diet. I've even read some studies that talk about hot peppers aiding in fat loss. U would definitely want to limit avocado intake, even though they are green, are actually quite high in fat and calories.

BTW cucumbers and celery have basically zero net calories so u could literally eat them all day and still lose weight provided u aren't dunking them in ranch dressing.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mostly water bro. Caffeine is a diuretic. Make sure u are drinking over a gallon of water minimum per day.
to be honest initial weight loss depends on CALORIC INTAKE, and carbs.

if carbs are at 300g, your going to drop about 2.5 lbs in water. 5 at most. this is why i urge every one to eat keto at maintence calories so they can see how much they actually lose from dropping carbs, and fat will determin your rate of weight loss after.

True!

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Yes, peppers are actually great on a diet. dressing.
But not a Keto/Low carb diet. Green Peppers (standard) contain almost 8 carbs per half a diced cup - an amount equivalent to about half a medium sized pepper. Reds run about 4.5 carbs. On a diet where 20 carbs is usually a daily target, 8 from peppers alone is a killer

The studies that involve peppers in fat loss don't apply to peppers to say, but to the active compounds within them that cause them to be spicy. This is most prevalent in cayenne and habanero peppers, and cayenne is readily available in health food stores in capsule form.