Too much fat for one sitting?

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had a quick question.

I currently make a MuscleMilk shake that has 3 scoops (1.5 servings) in 10oz fat free milk everyday.

I bought some MCT Gold, and was going to add half a tablespoon into this shake everyday, or maybe even one full tablespoon. This would give the shake about 35g of fats (though many from MCTs) with a half tablespoon, or 42g of fats if a full tablespoon.

1. This to me seems too high, as it makes up for a significant chunk of my daily fat intake. Is it too much?

2. Should I just get some EFA's and throw them in the shake inplace?

3. If yes to number 2, when would a better time be to take the MCT gold?

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
That seems a little high to me for 1 meal, unless all-out bulking. Flax oil would be better than MCT, or even use almond butter. I alternate between the two, but I never use more than 15-20g in a serving.

I assume this isnt a post workout meal, because you definitely don't want any fats immediately PWO.

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks LD.

No, definitely not PWO. It's my mid morning snack in between my two main carb meals of the day (breakfast, and early afternoon lunch.)

I'm beginning my first ever real "cut." So, I'll just leave the shake plain for calories sake.

Thanks for the help.

raylewis

Awards
That seems a little high to me for 1 meal, unless all-out bulking. Flax oil would be better than MCT, or even use almond butter. I alternate between the two, but I never use more than 15-20g in a serving.

I assume this isnt a post workout meal, because you definitely don't want any fats immediately PWO.
Why wouldn't you want fats PWO? I've used MM before PWO and was just curious about why fats wouldn't be ideal PWO.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increased insulin = increased LPL = increased FFA's becoming triglycerides (which is stored in adipose tissue). That is the basics.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes it to much fat in one serving. If you want to add a good amount of fats in your shakes make sure your carbs are low.

raylewis

Awards
so do you think with the fat content of MM that its too high to use pwo? i've rotated between that and straight whey and carbs. i'm still trying to get the ratio of carbs/protein right as there are 2 schools of thought on that as well...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't use MM. How many g per serving?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ouch!

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
You could get away with that shake like bobo said, keep those carbs low if you want to use it.

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I only mix it with about 8-10oz skim milk, so between 12-15g of sugars from the milk are the only carbs outside of what's already in it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not anymore you don't! :D

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes yes, I keep forgetting. :D