Anybody have a fucked up stomach on low carbs/high fat?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man, my stomach is doing some weird **** (literally)..Anything I eat goes straight through me. I thought maybe I was consuming too many oils, so I lowered them and added more saturated fat, and no luck. Anybody else have this?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Yes and it does get better... or it did with me..

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1fast's site under atkins as manufacturer theres something called "basic enzymes"

cheap and def worth it ;)

nebmusclehead

Awards
I cured my problem with yeast, an old wives tale remedy that my mom told me, but it worked. I would buy the small baking packets of yeast like the one's that come in the breadmaker mix boxes. I would use about a quarter of the packet mixed in with my protien shakes and after a day I felt a hell of alot better, may have been a placebo effect but it did work!

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot fellas! I woke up this morning and my stomach just dropped! I didn't make it to the bathroom in time :(. I'm going to check out yeast and that 1fast product.

Anybody know the science behind this? I would think that if you're cutting fiber out of your diet, you would have the opposite effect?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its called a lack of fiber (soluble/insoluble). Its common. My question is, WHY are you doing this diet? I become less and less a fan of high fat diets for BB'ers evey single day.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its called a lack of fiber (soluble/insoluble). Its common. My question is, WHY are you doing this diet? I become less and less a fan of high fat diets for BB'ers evey single day.
I thought you were a big propoent of CKD?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Traditional CKD, not for achieving a very low BF%. I've never followed a high fat diet. It was always a variation of a CKD (moderate fat, high protein, carbs surrounding workout). For people that want to go from 18-12% its fine, but if you want BB'er type goals, they won't work very well and will tend to get worse the lower bf% you achieve. I found out with tinkering with many diets that its the high amount of fat that intereferes with the release of tryglicerides.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember, the ultimate goal is to be ripped and high fat diets just won't do it. If your looking for other goals then it could be fine.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Same. Ive tried most out there and seen them all from other's diets. Especially for a prolonged length of time, Ive lost my liking for high fat, low carb diets.
Sage

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bobo, I am following the advice of IA. I have noticed that you, IA, and SwoleCat all have very different ideas about dieting and carb intake, and thats fine. I've put my total trust into IA, and if he told me to eat ****, I would..I don't want to give away IA's dieting plan (he writes something different for every person), but it is similar to what you wrote (high protein, moderate fat, carbs around workout)..It is not really anything like what the thread title says (I shouldn't have used the term "high fat")..And BTW, Yes I am around 15-18% BF right now.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am well aware of what IA recommends and the majority of what I recommend is not similar at all. Even the diet I mentioned (moderate fat, High protein, low carb) is not good enough.

If it is 75g+ of fat, I consdier it high fat. I don't follow the bacon and eggs diets unless you never want to look ripped.

Just 2 point to think about....

1. Your carb up should be extremely low fat.

2. There should NEVER be no carb days.