Anybody have a ****ed up stomach on low carbs/high fat?

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.3%

Anybody have a ****ed up stomach on low carbs/high fat?

Man, my stomach is doing some weird **** (literally)..Anything I eat goes straight through me. I thought maybe I was consuming too many oils, so I lowered them and added more saturated fat, and no luck. Anybody else have this?

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yes and it does get better... or it did with me..
  3. IBE Representative
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

1fast's site under atkins as manufacturer theres something called "basic enzymes"

cheap and def worth it
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.54%

I cured my problem with yeast, an old wives tale remedy that my mom told me, but it worked. I would buy the small baking packets of yeast like the one's that come in the breadmaker mix boxes. I would use about a quarter of the packet mixed in with my protien shakes and after a day I felt a hell of alot better, may have been a placebo effect but it did work!
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.3%

Thanks a lot fellas! I woke up this morning and my stomach just dropped! I didn't make it to the bathroom in time . I'm going to check out yeast and that 1fast product.

Anybody know the science behind this? I would think that if you're cutting fiber out of your diet, you would have the opposite effect?
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Its called a lack of fiber (soluble/insoluble). Its common. My question is, WHY are you doing this diet? I become less and less a fan of high fat diets for BB'ers evey single day.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.54%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Its called a lack of fiber (soluble/insoluble). Its common. My question is, WHY are you doing this diet? I become less and less a fan of high fat diets for BB'ers evey single day.
    I thought you were a big propoent of CKD?
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Traditional CKD, not for achieving a very low BF%. I've never followed a high fat diet. It was always a variation of a CKD (moderate fat, high protein, carbs surrounding workout). For people that want to go from 18-12% its fine, but if you want BB'er type goals, they won't work very well and will tend to get worse the lower bf% you achieve. I found out with tinkering with many diets that its the high amount of fat that intereferes with the release of tryglicerides.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Remember, the ultimate goal is to be ripped and high fat diets just won't do it. If your looking for other goals then it could be fine.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Same. Ive tried most out there and seen them all from other's diets. Especially for a prolonged length of time, Ive lost my liking for high fat, low carb diets.
    Sage
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.3%

Bobo, I am following the advice of IA. I have noticed that you, IA, and SwoleCat all have very different ideas about dieting and carb intake, and thats fine. I've put my total trust into IA, and if he told me to eat ****, I would..I don't want to give away IA's dieting plan (he writes something different for every person), but it is similar to what you wrote (high protein, moderate fat, carbs around workout)..It is not really anything like what the thread title says (I shouldn't have used the term "high fat")..And BTW, Yes I am around 15-18% BF right now.
  12. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I am well aware of what IA recommends and the majority of what I recommend is not similar at all. Even the diet I mentioned (moderate fat, High protein, low carb) is not good enough.

If it is 75g+ of fat, I consdier it high fat. I don't follow the bacon and eggs diets unless you never want to look ripped.

Just 2 point to think about....

1. Your carb up should be extremely low fat.

2. There should NEVER be no carb days.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
  2. Will AP Work on Low Carb Diet ?
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 10:40 AM
  3. arginine on low carb diets
    By cromesta in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 11:39 PM
  4. Replies: 13