help me with recomp

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Wondering what you guys think of my diet and training for recomp?
Is my diet and training good for recomping?
First time recomping so advice appreciated.

Meal 1- 2 scoop of whey(25 g), half cup oats
Meal 2,pre-workout- protein bar(200 cal. 17 carbs, 20g protein)
Meal 3,post workout- 2 scoops of whey, banana
Meal 4-1 scoop of whey, half cup of oats, 2 tbsp natural pb
Meal 5-1 scoop of whey, can of tuna, cup of brocolli

Supplements: usp labs pink magic and prime, Cellucor N0 extreame, whey protein

Training:
Mon-Sat: weight lifting
Cardio-everyday:10 minute run before lifting

Will get more specific detail in training if needed.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
going to need you macro breakdown and maintenance cals first of all..

rite off hand it doesnt look like enough carbs to me... also I prefer doing cardio post workout and would definitely up it to more than 10 minutes...And add more whole meals in there, seeing too much protein intake form whey, do more lean meats, and good fats...

check these out will be helpful

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/153798-check-rate-my.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/154753-but-i-want.html

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
thanks ur articles were very helpful. Just one question though should i still do cardio pre workout?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
thanks ur articles were very helpful. Just one question though should i still do cardio pre workout?
i wouldnt, unless its something you do to warm up in which case dont do as much intensity..

smoothballer

Awards
Where are all the whole foods? I would definitely switch out some of the shakes with chicken breasts, lean beef, and fish.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10 min on a tredmill isnt cardio first of all lol but a nice light 10 min jog is a great way to get teh blood goin before a workout, it will def. be beneficial, but save real cardio ( at least 30 min or so, or HITT) for after the workout if you are going to do it at all, or maybe jsut save it for ur days off

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
yeaa instead of 10 min jog i run for 30 mins after lifting now. Also i added another meal consisting of chicken breast, brown rice, and another vegetable.
How do these adjustments look?
My last question is if im doing 30 minutes of cardio after lifting when should i draink my post workout protein shake? After lifting? or after the cardio session?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
depends on how long your workout is..... if its not too lon you should be ok waiting till after the cardio which will give u thegreatest fat loss if this is your goal, if your workout is pretty ong i would say to take the shake first then give it a little tiem to settle, but ud probably be fine just taking it after the cardio

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
would it hurt if i take the shake as soon as im done lifting to get the nutrition to the muscles then as soon as im done jump on the treadmill for 30 mins? Or would i get more out taking the shake after the cardio session?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
personally this is what i would do:
1. as stated eat more whole foods
2. drop the oats from meal 4 and replace with green veggies.
3. up your carbs in your pre and post workout meals.
4. ensure your cardio is not too high intensity. keep in the fat burning range HR app. 140 range. higher is going to be more catabolic than you want.
5. if you can i would do the cardio first thing in the morning before you eat anything.
6. i would also work in a 6th meal of high protein, maybe some healthy fats. ideally you want to be eating every two hours or so.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if your goal is straight fat loss then i woudl wait on the shake till after the cardio, u will still benefit from the cardio if u take the shake right after lifting but more fat will be burned if you wait. as stated ideally before breakfast would would best for burning fat. You coudl always do taht and then do a little after liting too but do the session after lifting mroe to jstu burn cals rather than fat and that way u can have the shake before and preserve your muscle better as well, but taht depends on ur goals and tiem constraints

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im a huge non believer in the recomp... Even with a fairly strong anabolic aid your not going to see huge results lol you shoulda spent the money on 11-sterone and not pink magic my man.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
would it hurt if i take the shake as soon as im done lifting to get the nutrition to the muscles then as soon as im done jump on the treadmill for 30 mins? Or would i get more out taking the shake after the cardio session?
Wait until after you are completely done exercising.

You need to let your sympathetic nervous system calm down before you can even digest food effectively.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys thinks of this?

meal 1 (pre workout):2 scoops of whey, half cup of oats, 1 tablespoon natural pb

meal 2: (Post workout):2 scoops of whey, half cup of oats

meal 3: can of tuna, cup of brocolli

meal 4: one 6oz sirloin steak or chicken breast, cup of spinich

meal 5 before bed:egg whites, 1% cottage cheese

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i woudl say thro in sum fruit in the pre w/o meal togive u some quicker carbs that ur body can use right away. also maybe a lil healthy fats with the tuna, maybe ali more protein there as well, but def. carbs since that is ur frist real meal after the workout