Teach me to not be fat anymore!

fatdude

Awards
Hello I just signed up here tonight because I want to learn more.

Im a 31 year old male. 5 ft 10 currently weigh 273. Goal weight is about 225 3 weeks ago I joined the local powerhouse gym, and joined a 12 week weight loss program. They weighed me did some measurements and some tests. Looks like I should weigh about 207 for my build.

Going to the gym about 3 times a week. I do cardio on a eliptical for 10-15 mins then I use about 6-7 machines to do either upper body or lower body work outs. (machines my trainer put me to using). Drink 8-16 oz of whey protein right after I work out.

1st week- changed my diet totally. Trying to stay around 2000 calories or lower. Lemon flavored water, water, and diet mtn dew are my drinks now. Red meat (ususally steak) 1 time a week the rest fish or chicken and throwing a few veggies in there.
Lost 6lbs first week.

2nd week- lost 2 lbs (3rd week weigh in will be Thursday.)

I picked up some GNC Mega Men SPORT vitapacks. They seem to keep me from being sore the days after work outs on the muscles.

The problem I have mainly is my work is cable technician so I eat out alot. My trainer made me a list of "healthier" fast foods to eat. I been hitting up the fresco menu at taco bell alot now. Usually order 2 tacos and diet mtn dew.
But for supper I try to eat at home and thats easier to prepare. Breakfast is usually turkey bacon and some eggs, or 1 chicken biscuit at mcdonalds LOL!!

What Im trying to figure out is this. I really need to loose weight. But Im not a fat blob. Im a stocky build but over the last 2 years my gut has gotten alot bigger. I gotta loose the man boobs and the gut. I talked to a friend at the gym about some cycles of test, win and albuterol. But Im not sure if its time for that yet. I need to know if I start on this stuff will it help to cut the weight also? I dont want to be a fat guy with big arms and shoulders thus just making me a fat musclular guy.

Please help me make some educated decisions I dont want to hurt my body. I just want to loose the fat and still be a stocky guy.

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do not get on steroids!!!! that would be a retarded mistake. steroids is the last piece of the puzzle, not the first piece.

you still need discipline with your diet, currently you dont have any. i dont care what menu its on, if its at taco bell you should not be ordering it. or mcdonalds. those extra calories are a hell of a lot more than you are burning off in 10-15 minutes of cardio 3x week. so you need to plan out a real diet and stick to it. your job is honestly not an excuse, get some paper bags and pack food for the day. wraps and veggies and such. eat for purpose not for taste.

2lbs in a wk when you are 273 lbs is not enough bro. thats one good dump lol.

if you want to supplement your efforts i totally understand, but take fat burners. check out the eca stack, ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin... im assuming you have a healthy enough heart for this if you considering steroids.

do some more research. get in the gym more than 3x a week. for weight loss you should be there everyday. and 15 min of cardio aint gonna cut it. its gonna take effort and sacrifice. think about it bro, you want to lose 50 pounds!!! its doable but you need to be determined to do it.

again, steroids are not the answer... not at this point.

fatdude

Awards
Thanks thats what Im looking for. But brown baggin the lunch. I really have no clue what to make to take for lunch. So I just grab the quickest thing. The last time I tried taking lunch it was sandwich sandwich sandwich and that got old after the first day. I need some creativity on this lunch thing. I cant do ephederine. Stuff that makes you jittery I cant handle. Lady at GNC suggested this new hydroxycut they have now in a black bottle. Not suppose to have ephederine in it.

Thanks for your help this is why I joined so I can learn to do this the right way.

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks thats what Im looking for. But brown baggin the lunch. I really have no clue what to make to take for lunch. So I just grab the quickest thing. The last time I tried taking lunch it was sandwich sandwich sandwich and that got old after the first day. I need some creativity on this lunch thing. I cant do ephederine. Stuff that makes you jittery I cant handle. Lady at GNC suggested this new hydroxycut they have now in a black bottle. Not suppose to have ephederine in it.

Thanks for your help this is why I joined so I can learn to do this the right way.
honestly the hardest part is the first part. once you get into the habit of eating right and you see real results you wont mind eating the same damn things lol.

make wraps, whole wheat wraps, mix up what you put in them. i hope you eat salad. you have to scratch out dressings and condiments like mayo. its unreal the calories that adds to anything. remember a spoonfull of mayo is like 15 minutes of jogging. seriously!

-eat subway if you need to eat out. always whole grains.
-try to eat small meals more often.
-watch your carb intake from dinner on. you really shouldnt eat any after dinner
-if you cant handle stimulants thats ok, thats only a piece of the puzzzle and one option. do a search on here for non stim fat burners... this is not my specialty. there will be far better options than whatever muscle tech crap the lady at GNC wants to sell you. that much i can promise!

i just want to point out how important diet is. an average person burns about 600-800 calories an hour running on a treadmill.

so one slip a day, one cheat, a couple spoonfulls of mayo will completely screw up everything. so stay focused bro. good luck.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Hump it on the head.

There is a preconcieved notion that steroids just melt fat. At your current body totals that would be one of the worst things you could do. Next...

DIET, DIET, DIET. There are plent resources online (and here around AM) where you can find what to eat each time of the day. Dont kid yourself and not think its gonna be hard at first, but when you start seeing results your hunger wont even bother you.

Supplements- Honestly, until you get your diet right they are useless. Supplements do what they are supposed to, they supplement your training and diet. (BTW dont ever think of buying anything a GNC employee recommends.)

Finally, work your a$$ off in the gym. There will never be substitution for hard work.

fatdude

Awards
Ok Im gonna try and post what I eat today. Let me know where Im going wrong. Gonna get my butt in the gym everyday this week if possible. (I have to work late this week, next week back on normal work schedule) And turn the cardio up. My trainer said I need to slow my pace though because my heart rate on the eliptical gets up to 180 bpm. Said to stay between 140 and 160????

Breakfast 3 eggs cooked over easy, 2 pieces turkey bacon. No salt or pepper added.

Gonna have a banana for 1st snack.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To add some tidbits, 2000 calories is too low. It didn't take you 3 months to get to 273, you don't have to lose it in that short a span of time. Your body will easily naturally do enough lipolysis (turning fat cells back into fatty acids in bloodstream to be used for energy) to lose 1-1.5 maybe 2lbs a week tops. If you are losing more than that, you are losing more than just fat.

Far better than taco bell would be grilled chicken salads at mcdonalds or chik-fil-a.

If it doesn't have to be in a "hold in your hand" form, a great way to deal with brown bagging is to sunday afternoon, roast 5-6lbs of chicken breast in the oven. at the same time, cook up 3 cups (dry) of brown rice, and 2-3 lbs of broccoli. cube up the chicken breasts, and mix it all together. Add some Mrs Dash salt free seasonings (the garlic herb goes well with this) and drizzle on a little olive oil just to moisten and sort of bring it all together. Thats enough for roughly 10 moderate sized meals or 5-6 big ones. Split it up into tupperware and you are pretty set for the week.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
And while you get your diet under control, because its 90% what you eat and the rest is the gym and the time/effort you put in it...I used to be a HUGE person, I learned how to eat and lift and have done it for the last 10+ years, after a while it comes naturally to you......

Your gym routine, 3times isen't enough, and 15 mins of cardio isen't enough but thats for another post, ever think of weight watchers, I joined that back in the day and I still use it as a life skill, I swear by it....as long as your willing it works...:)

Good luck

TC

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I work at a restaurant and our truck driver was just a HUGE guy. Big arms big belly huge. We hadn't seen him in one month because of rotations and he comes back and he had lost 90 pounds.. in 1 month!

He did the hCG diet under doctor supervision which is COSTLY. He told me it cost him $1600. You can do it yourself but you risk not knowing when something goes wrong and you will also probably experience shut down of LH production (just like steroids).

Personally.. I would never use hCG in this manner. However, if I was a 270 pounds, and had $1600 saved up, I might consider it under doctors supervision.

Before any of you blast me for my recommendation.. Fatdude is a grown man and should have all options on the table to make an educated decision. He can go about this naturally and in the healthiest manner possible--but there are other routes. Just like we can go through bodybuilding naturally--but there are other routes. I have seen this one work with my very eyes.

Fatdude let me know if you ant more info on this.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
eca / clen + lotta cardio and clean diet.

prolly just cardio and diet for starters

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
he cant take stims.

its all diet my man.
oh crap didnt read to much, my bad :(

That case try to get the carbs low as possible. 70g or less if you can but if youre new to dieting just make some obvious healthy choices.

no pop
wheat bread
no fast food for or just a sub

look into some beginning lifting routines too, Rippetoe's Starting strength comes to mind. Something basic generic and easy to follow.

Im no pro on cardio but I usually just do 30mins elliptical at a low intensity 4 x a week.

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My trainer said I need to slow my pace though because my heart rate on the eliptical gets up to 180 bpm. Said to stay between 140 and 160????

Breakfast 3 eggs cooked over easy, 2 pieces turkey bacon. No salt or pepper added.

Gonna have a banana for 1st snack.
this is true, a prolonged heart rate between 140-160 will target fat loss. higher than that will become catabolic.

you should switch to egg whites. an average yoke has 4.5 g of fat. all the nutritional value is in the egg white.

fatdude

Awards
Man you guys are a great resource! Gonna increase the cardio and work on the diet better. I probably started all this at a bad time in life. We just lost everything to a tornado. So we are kinda out of the normal life right now. I work days the wife works nights so its kinda stressful . About to start rebuilding a new house soon. But Im keeping my mindset on the weight loss thing. I dont want to wait until Im to old. I just noticed over the last few years the weight started adding up. I was 225 all thru high school so thats what Id like to get back to.
Im gonna do it and I think I was really hoping to do it faster, but like someone said I didn't put it on over night so its not gonna come off over night. I just dont want the horror stories of dropping weight and regaining it plus more back thats why Im trying to get into a healthy lifestyle instead of a diet fad which happens all to often.

THANKS GUYS AND GALS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

dusty

dusty

Awards
Sorry about you house man. That sucks. Once you start losing weight and start seeing results you will get an instant boost of confidence. Its one feeling that cant be matched

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Man you guys are a great resource! Gonna increase the cardio and work on the diet better. I probably started all this at a bad time in life. We just lost everything to a tornado. So we are kinda out of the normal life right now. I work days the wife works nights so its kinda stressful . About to start rebuilding a new house soon. But Im keeping my mindset on the weight loss thing. I dont want to wait until Im to old. I just noticed over the last few years the weight started adding up. I was 225 all thru high school so thats what Id like to get back to.
Im gonna do it and I think I was really hoping to do it faster, but like someone said I didn't put it on over night so its not gonna come off over night. I just dont want the horror stories of dropping weight and regaining it plus more back thats why Im trying to get into a healthy lifestyle instead of a diet fad which happens all to often.

THANKS GUYS AND GALS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

This may sound stupid but my mom tells me this all the time, Focus on one thing and all else will fall in to place, I have to say it works....:)

You can do anything you put your mind to, I did it, I lost over 90pds and kept it off.,....trust me it was hard but loseing it was the best time of my life, the changes my body went through, the changes I personally went through, was amazing....

Good luck :)

TC