diet question

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Lately I have been eating just whey protein shakes mixed in water, lean meats, and vegetables. Is this an okay diet to drop some bf and mabe put on some lean muscle over time? I weigh about 180 pounds and im eating over 200 grams protein per day. Im also in they gym 5 days a week for weight lifting and cardio every day. Is this a ok diet?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you really arent gonna gaine muscle if thats all you are eating. not alot of detail there, but that is a pure cutting diet.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
yeaa i will also be taking usplab prime, pink magic, and cellucor N0 Extreame. Could this help with putting on some lean muscle while on this diet?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nothing will make you grow muscle without the proper macros. not any supp, not any steroid. everybody has a maintenance number for calories, if you are eating less than this and doing cardio, your body is going to be in a catabolic state. the supps you are taking will help to fight your body from becoming catabolic but will not make your body add muscle.
it sounds like you are trying to recomp. a recomp needs maintenance calories or even slightly above.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Should i add some carbs in my diet such as oats or other complex carbs so I dont go in a catabolic state? And would this still be ok for cutting diet?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Should i add some carbs in my diet such as oats or other complex carbs so I dont go in a catabolic state? And would this still be ok for cutting diet?
give this a read.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/154753-but-i-want.html

add some oats in the morning. and complex carbs to meals pre workout and a lil bit, like half a pink grapefruit post workout and then cut out carbs for the remainder of the day.

if you completely cut out carbs you are going to lose fat but also muscle and end up looking flat.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the link and advice man appreciate it!