What to do when fatloss stalls?

alih92

Awards
I've never been on a cut long enough for this to happen...mainly because I get unmotivated and **** up my diet...but this time due to the health concerns involved (****ed up knee, in rehab) I NEED TO LOSE THE WEIGHT...and I want to give myself the gift of health as a graduation gift to myself (finished high school this week) :lol:

I've been on my cut for a week now, went from 199 to 194.6 today.

I'm guessing in about 3 weeks I'm gonna be at around 188-192. Although, when I stall, what do most people do/what should I do?

Stats:
Age 18
Height 5' 9"
Weight as of today : 194.6

Current Diet:
Breakfast
1 Slice processed cheese
1 tbsp french's honey mustard
2 Slices Wheat
3-4 Slices Turkey
Lettuce + Jalapenos

Lunch
1 Slice processed cheese
1 tbsp french's honey mustard
2 Slices Wheat
3-4 Slices Turkey
Lettuce + Jalapenos

Pre WO
Apple/Banana
200mg Caffeine

Post WO
4-8 oz Chicken Breast (it's about as big as my hand when straightened out and about 1-2 inches wider than the widest point...
Fistful of rice...I'm guessing about half a cup
Broccoli - BUT I HATE the way it's prepared...what are some ways of preparing it? I really like how Chinese Take out has its broccoli prepared.

Dinner
4-8 oz Chicken Breast (it's about as big as my hand when straightened out and about 1-2 inches wider than the widest point...
Fistful of rice...I'm guessing about half a cup
Broccoli - BUT I HATE the way it's prepared...what are some ways of preparing it? I really like how Chinese Take out has its broccoli prepared.

alih92

Awards
Also...
Cardio - 7x a week, M-F (30 minutes Arc Trainer/Elliptical), Sat and Sun (45 minutes Uphill walking, I hold the rails >_<)

Only lifts are my rehab stuff for my knee and ab training (hanging leg raises, lying leg raises)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been on my cut for a week now, went from 199 to 194.6 today.
I hate to break it to you - you have not "stalled" nor have you lost 4.4lbs of fat in one week.

With proper diet and training fat loss at about 1.5-2lbs a week is possible, safe and healthy. Losing 4-5lbs a week is not a fat loss diet.

alih92

Awards
that was water weight...I was thinking that people here would have assumed that >_<...and yes I know one week does not mean stalling...it happens after an extended period of time, I just wanna have the knowledge of how to deal with it before hand.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
that was water weight...I was thinking that people here would have assumed that >_<...and yes I know one week does not mean stalling...it happens after an extended period of time, I just wanna have the knowledge of how to deal with it before hand.
When it stalls, you eat, and eat some more. Shock your system into speeding up your metabolism again and then proceed as usual.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
when I stall, i cut out protein and minimize fat for my last meal of one day, and just cram carbs. Something like lowfat brownies.

The next day you're back on the road to fat loss.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Cocaine.

Or have yourself a nice cheat meal and get your metabolism going as mentioned.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Just keep trucking man... Its far from being a sprint so don't even think it is.

Be consistent and stick to your goals and you will achieve...

-James

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate to break it to you - you have not "stalled" nor have you lost 4.4lbs of fat in one week.

With proper diet and training fat loss at about 1.5-2lbs a week is possible, safe and healthy. Losing 4-5lbs a week is not a fat loss diet.
Nop is a MUSCLE LOSS DIET :sad3:

trippn

trippn

Awards
I'm all for cheat meals, bro. Notice I said MEAL not cheat day. For me these serve a dual purpose. My ONE cheat meal per week keeps my metabolism up along with reducing stress from being on a strict diet.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
That is what weight loss is: you lose, then you stall, then you lose. Honestly, it is not a straight line down....it is ups and downs. Just keep going......

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait till it stalls before you waste time worrying about it. You may very well reach your goal before it does

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nynone

nynone

Awards
Nop is a MUSCLE LOSS DIET :sad3:
I don't think it really is a muscle loss diet. Notice it's only been a week, so I'd say it really is just decreased water retention that's causing the excess loss. I wouldn't worry too much. If you continue to lose over 4lbs weekly, continuously lose muscle mass, and also get weaker for your workouts, then you know it's going to be muscle loss. Remember this: I personally lost a good 7lbs in a week during a cutting cycle. I lost no muscle mass, and my size stayed well pronounced. Some people lose more than ten in a week if they burn enough calories.

But, let's stick to it being water weight for the excess loss. There's a reason people tell you not to look at the scale till week three: you lose a lot, then gain some (due to water retention), then lose a little more due to your body finally metabolizing the fat better. Lastly, you're young, so the hormones can be playing a part in this. Overall.... I'd say don't worry man. I wouldn't even worry about a plateau if I were you anyways. You're 18, it's easier to lose weight at that age due to the natural high hormone levels.

orangerain

Awards
If you stick to the same exercise regime, you are most likely to stall fat loss. My trainer said something about reaching a plateau when the body gets used to the program already. Try tweaking your program a bit, but be careful not to injure your knee! :) Get a trainer to assist you if you'd like.