New to this need guidence

Karan745

Awards
Hey all,
I've been doing a lot of building and such, but not really had the biggest succes with weight loss, i tried some fat burner pills, didn't do that much, i have lost some fat, which was my goal, cause due to i do building i gain aswell, but any 1 here can maybe give me some advice, how to lose the fat, even for weight loss, open for any suggestions atm, i'm really lost, and if i should drink protien or not after trainings...

Some info ,

200lbs

K-C

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
Pretty simple IF you can follow through...

300g protein everyday

ASSUME YOU WILL EAT BOTH 50g of fat and 50g of carbs from accessories aka carbs in almonds or ketchup or greens AND fat from meats (even chicken) and protein powders. That means that the first 50g you don't actually get to add anything from that food group. so if you get 50g cabrs that really means zero carb foods and your carbs will come from greens, almonds, ketchup or maybe a single green apple in the AM.

Carbs and fat change each day.

High carb days - On heavy lifting days or on the part(s) you want to work most (not biceps or abs haha) eat about 200g of carbs.
50g before workout.
50g post wo. shake
50g first meal after that (i hour later)
300p/200c/50f

zero carb days - On off days. carbs go down to 50g, protein comes up to 100.
300p/50c/100f

moderate carb days On moderate days like lighter workouts
300p/100c/50f - The only dedicated carb meal is in a shake post WO

Carb up - Protein down to 200, carbs up to 500, fat as low as possible. Carb timing still helps. You can up your post wo shake to 100g and pre wo to 75g and post wo meal closer to 100g

If You train something like this:
Chest/ Shoulder / Tri / Traps - moderate
Legs - High
OFF - Zero
Back / Bis - moderate
Chest/ shoulder / tri / Traps - moderate
Off - zero
legs - Carb up
Back / Bi

Volume kept low. 1-2 sets of a big movement (decline bench, squat, ect) for 6-8 reps then 2 accessory moves at 1 set for 10-12. 4-5 sets MAX for big parts and 2-3 for bi's/tris.

For best results with this any cardio would be done in the am but it only minimal. 30min at a medium intensity is fine...

You still need to do some homework IF you want to follow this. At only 19 you might be better off doing something that won't drive you nuts but if you do this you will learn a lot about proper nutrition and training because you will be forced to monitor yourself

Karan745

Awards
Thanks for the reply, but before starting this i'll defo need to do some homework, if u don't mind explaining what

zero carb days - On off days. carbs go down to 50g, protein comes up to 100.
300p/50c/100f

moderate carb days On moderate days like lighter workouts
300p/100c/50f - The only dedicated carb meal is in a shake post WO

Carb up - Protein down to 200, carbs up to 500, fat as low as possible. Carb timing still helps. You can up your post wo shake to 100g and pre wo to 75g and post wo meal closer to 100g

i understand how it should be done etc, but numbers like these 300p/50c/100f
i really don't understand them, if u could explain them would be nice,

plus should i take any suppliment to this training plan?
ps. ii'm on holidays which means i have plenty of time to follow this, really wanna get fit, and money has no limits in this case.

K-C

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
Maybe your first step should be simple.

Learn which foods you have access to that are healthy.

example - 8oz chicken, 8 oz lean ground turkey, some cuts of beef and what the nutritional value is. Also carbs sources like oatmeal, yams, brown rice, green apples or almonds and oils for fat.

Learn what is in a serving of each and then from there start counting calories. 300g of protein is 1200 cals and will be almost half of your cals for the day when cutting. cabrs generally are best in the pre-workout, post workout or in the mourning.

First thing first, you need to know what you are eating before you get more advanced. Very few people have any idea how many calories they are really eating. Fat people always think they are eating less and most thin people think they are eating more. Also get use to eating about 5 times a day minimum.

Karan745

Awards
I shall, learn then,

Would like to mention few pointers, i do know how many calories i should eat, and i do eat less, i eat 5-6 times a day, i eat as low fat as possible, but still so i get the nutrition i need. And my middle meals which would be my 2-4 are normally apples, banana etc.. and the other meals are eaten carefully so i don't eat more then 2500 calories a day, i do not intake protien shakes atm, but was considering it, and then letting the replace some of my meals, for instance my lunch or something like that,
But chicken, rice, beef, are things i try to eat alot, but ofc limitet, i even go for turkey thou not that often..

But i thank you alot, and i will follow the plan u suggested to me, and cross fingers for a great result, but as mentioned before, if ther are any suppliments that could be help full or maybe "speeding" up the process would be rather nice ;)

300p/50c/100f is this numbers for 300protiens, 50, carbs, and 100fat? if i assume right?

Thx K-C

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
I am not ignoring your questions, I acknowledge them but supplements only result in 5% of your results when it comes to fat loss.

first thing I notice - Your cals are way lower than you think. You admit you get very low fat, eat mostly fruit and reasonably low meat?

I would bet you aren't eating over 1500-1700 cals. Your thyroid is probably running on fumes from the low calories and most carbs coming from fructose. You need to get your metabolism going again. A 2 weeks of higher cals, an iodine supplement and 7-ketp-dhea will get your thyroid back in line and you can use this time to learn.

Your dieting problems closely mirror those that most women face, eating too low calories and too much from fructose.

Karan745

Awards
Okay thx, i will try to get more cals, cause i think you're right, i avoid too much fat, and i stay close friends with fruit, i do eat a lot of meat thou, but not too much,

But i will try my best to follow ur suggestions,

tbh, my aim my main aim is to get rid of my belly, i haad a really large belly had my weight was 260lbs 2 years bk, now its a little left, like 5-6 cm hanging a bit, and then my chest has a little left, those are my main priorities atm, but still wanna get FIT!

But thx.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
If you are someone who tends to gain fat easy then this is something you need to learn about for the rest of your life and you have a LOT to learn.

I'd consider finding an online trainer who can help you learn about food and dieting and training. If you would like to consider that I can point to some. It is cheaper than getting a trainer in person and also getting a nutritionist but it does require you to learn as you go. The investment will set the path for your adult life if you follow through. You can learn on your own but you may never get there and if you do it will take a long time (years sometimes - heck I am still learning and want to get an online trainer)

Karan745

Awards
I luckly don't gain fat that easy but it's the time of getting rid of it,
I will have to think about the trainer part etc, and get back you about it, till then ill try to follow ur set up as u mentioned in the beg.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
I'll throw you a quick pointer.

Stop thinking about protein powder as a supplement. If you cant reach your diet numbers it is there to help you get to them.