Please Critique my diet...and need some advice on lifts...

alih92

Awards
Basically this is what I'm eating:

Breakfast:
2 Wheat Slices
1 Cheese
1 TBSP Honey Mustard
3-4 Slices Turkey
Lettuce/Onions/Jalapenos

Lunch:
2 Wheat Slices
1 Cheese
1 TBSP Honey Mustard
3-4 Slices Turkey
Lettuce/Onions/Jalapenos

Pre W/O:
Apple
200 mg Caffeine

Post W/O:
2 Scoops Whey
Banana

Dinner (Before 7 PM)
4-6 oz Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup rice
Broccoli

Pre Bed
4-6 oz Chicken Breast
Broccoli

I don't have a scale and the chicken and turkey don't come with nutritional labels, same thing with the fruits and veggies...

Should I be eating more veggies, what about fruits (more or less), also I'm 18 and around 196 as of today, I don't really care about strength/muscle loss. I wanna slim down and retain muscle but some losses are inevitable and that's okay, I realize that will happen.

I'm doing physical therapy for my legs, so I can't do any leg workouts for this month except for daily low impact cardio.

Before I hurt my knees (well more like the point where it hurt so much I couldn't lift, the pain was on going for over a year) I was doing SS and gained lbs in all my lifts and lost weight, but I hear super setting and circuit training with weights is BETTER for fat loss? Can I have a sample routine without any leg work...?

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
You admit you don't have a scale yet you say you have 4-6oz... Also sliced turkey is not a good food at all. It has a ton of nitrates and sodium and not that much protein. From breakfast all the way until after your workout you are only eating like what... 25-30g of protein? Not good.

alih92

Awards
You admit you don't have a scale yet you say you have 4-6oz... Also sliced turkey is not a good food at all. It has a ton of nitrates and sodium and not that much protein. From breakfast all the way until after your workout you are only eating like what... 25-30g of protein? Not good.
I guess I'll add a whey shake with my breakfast...and almonds (are these good) for lunch.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
Sub out the turkey at lunch for like tuna or something else. Almonds provide negligible protein.

You gotta but a bit of time into this if you are serious (if you aren't then thats fine too). I use to throw frozen chicken in my bag and eat it cold at lunch because it would thaw by then. A few times I made egg white in a microwave, I know people who have drank tuna shakes... just saying whey you are in a pinch there is always a way if it matters that much to you.