Need serious advice and reevaluation of my routine...no weight loss after 4 years

alih92

Awards
I'm 18, 5'9".

I started lifting in 9th grade all the way through 12th but never took it seriously and I've ****ed around with various diets (keto, carbs only in the morning, 40/40/20, etc) I would end up losing around 8-10 lbs and not be able to hold out and I'd gain the weight back and sometimes more (only about a 2-4 lbs). I went from 180 to 200 (as of today).

2 months ago I settled down stuck with a program, Starting Strength, and increased my squat 70lbs and did cardio 3x a week (hit) and went from 200 to 188 until my knees gave out.

I've been diagnosed with Patellar Femoral Syndrome, I've had it for around a year (damn lunges) but its at the point where it hurts too much after working out and I can't walk up stairs or down or lifting my leg up to get into the shower, or even drive without pain.

Today, I read that the aspartame in diet coke leads to degeneartive loss of bone and can shut down your thyroid, I had a legitimate soda addiction and I switched over to diet coke and have been drinking it for the last 3 years now (3-4 cans a day). I need to kick this habit, any advice?

I'm starting physical therapy tomorrow. As of now all I do is stretching everday, and LISS elliptical or the machine that's like an eliptical + stepper + treadmill...for 30 minutes a day with an avg heart rate of 168.

Is this too much?
Also I need a strict diet, could someone please help me on this?

I'm at a low point in my life with my health and all this has put great stress on me, I've realized I need to change because I know I have the potential to do so if I actually put the work in, but now I have a serious health issue, my weight puts too much stress on my knees and I need to lose the fat.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Hey man. Would be happy to help you with a diet. For starters, you can come take a look at my diet log in the Weight Loss forum. Take a crack at building an 1800 calorie diet using some of the foods that I have outlined on the first page, and I'll take over from there.

I can also tell you that kicking the aspartame thing seems daunting, but I did it cold turkey about 6 months ago. I used to use 4 or 5 equals in my coffee, and would go through a few liters of Diet Mountain Dew a day. One day, I just stopped, and haven't looked back. Try to start off by drinking some iced coffee with skim milk, hot tea, water, or I really like Vitamin Water Zero (sweetened naturally - 0 calories).

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to kick the diet sodas too.

Honestly, I am scared.

There is enough info out there to think that aspartame could be the next silent killer that we come to find out causes brain and personality disorders. All of these so called "safe" chemicals that have been found to be damaging just have me scared that these sugar free sweeteners will be next.

I respect Dante Trudell and his research (aka DC / Dogcrapp) and he is convinced that this stuff is poison.

alih92

Awards
I'd love to kick the diet sodas too.

Honestly, I am scared.

There is enough info out there to think that aspartame could be the next silent killer that we come to find out causes brain and personality disorders. All of these so called "safe" chemicals that have been found to be damaging just have me scared that these sugar free sweeteners will be next.

I respect Dante Trudell and his research (aka DC / Dogcrapp) and he is convinced that this stuff is poison.
I'm also done with my last box of diet "soda" at home, after this no more, I've switched over to caffeine pills so I can still get the kick of soda (ONCE A DAY, PRE W/O) but i'll get the same kick without the taste, hopefully i can ween myself off to the point where because I don't get the kick from it, I don't remeber the taste and I just kick it all together.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bulking 4
Bulking 26
Supplements 10
Anabolics 11
Anabolics 18