My first cut needs some help O_O

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I'm 19, 5' 8", 180 lbs.

I've gone from 200 lbs of pretty much all fat(gamin' nerd/highschooler), to 140 lbs of...mush and then to 180 after I moved here to NC with my bro-in-law (Marine, hardcore lifter). He taught me a crapload before he left (he's playing with towel heads in Afghan right now :usa:) and seriously helped my (first) real bulk. I started lifting in Aug of '09, so I'm not too too experienced, so I'm happy when anyone helps me out :) The only hitch in the whole thing was that I did a cycle of H-drol (we both did). I did it under the rec age, but after all the research we did, we found that it was fairly weak, so we went ahead with it. Not sure if that was a good or bad idea (we both gained about 20 lbs on it), but we did it.

I'm happy with how I'm growing, but the fat has to go before I keep bulking. I look really thick, but I know most of it isn't muscle in my stomach, and def not on my sides. Since you can't really spot treat, I figure going on a cut will hit that area mainly because I don't have a lot of fat in other areas.

Sorry for the wall of text, but figured I'd give background incase any of it mattered.

My eating has been really, really random the past 2 weeks from "vacation", so my diet has been screwed up, but I just got back home. I usually have about 2500 cals a day(before the trip), sometimes up to 3000 cals. I was able to get bigger fairly quick from eating 2500-3000, but I also put on that fat, so I'm not sure if it was such a great idea.

Since I did eat 2500-3000 a day, should I cut the difference and shoot for 2250 cals while cutting? What should my macros look like for cutting? I know 1.5g protein per lb, but not sure on carbs/fat.

Now, the main thing I started posting about: I work at Wendy's(yes, FML), when bulking I was OK to eat chicken and such at the end of the night, but now that I'm cutting, it's going to be hard to stay away from all that crap (I usually ate grilled anyway, but sometimes I had breaded chicken or a burger).

I usually work 4 PM to about 11:30 PM. I'm not really sure what to eat while I'm there. I am thinking jerky would be the best thing, but I'd like to have a meal and jerky isn't much of a substitute, and isn't very filling. I would do a shake, but since I'm a college student(thank God for summer), it saves me money to only have one shake a day post WO. If I had one there as well, almost every night, it would make my tubs last half the time = bad for the wallet. I was also thinking a Cliff bar would be OK, but they aren't exactly filling either. What are some quick and easy meals that I could eat there? Since I want to maintain muscle on this cut, I don't want to go without eating enough.

The only supp I'm using would be a protein shake post WO. Will be making chicken for every day though, as well as grabbing some tuna and more PB :food:

Sorry seems like a bunch of random crap, but thanks for any help for anyone that understands the question ^_^

Will post up my daily diet plan once I have it setup. (prolly after work tonight)

EDIT: I also would rather do this cut without cardio, but will probably add it in 3 times a week. I am in the gym usually 6 times a week. And going to be changing my reps to 3 sets each, and 12-16 or so reps on med weight.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay you weigh 180? Well check this out. I weighed in at 224 when I started cutting and I consumed on average 150g's of carbs, (Whole Wheat except for post workout), 220-250g's protien and about 60-70 g's clean healthy fat. SO I would consume around 150 for you....dont go much lower or you will risk loosing your muscle you have built. Also a bit of knowledge I have gained from multiple bulks- you cannot build muscle without putting on a little bit of fat- you have to eat SO much it is inevitable you will put on a little fat.
Good luck

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I know I will gain fat on each bulk, no matter how short :( Just thinking it would do me good to cut down to maybe 165 or 170, then start bulking again.

Thanks on the macro help. How did yours work out percentage-wise? Like, 20/20/60, etc... Would make it a lot easier for me to center around that. At the moment I'm eating a boatload of chicken, greens, shakes(1/day), snack on jerky, and wheat bread with chicken at times. Past 3 days have been busy for work though, so my eating is still screwed and I haven't had time to sit down and make up an exact diet. Focusing on protein though, till I can (tomorrow I'm hoping to have time, but need to know what my macro percentages should look like).

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Debating on ordering some calipers to see my BF %. There are days I feel like I need to cut because I have more fat than I'd like, but other days I'm like... "Holy crap, I need to get bigger, not smaller". I've come a long way in 10 months, but I want to be much, much bigger before a cut. So I guess the cut is off... time to start eating more again ^_^

I'm going to totally change my workout(s) though. I had been doing 10-8-6 or 4 usually. 3-4 sets. I want to move to 5x5 for more growth. Suggestions? Also going to need to find more exercises. I do 4-5 for each part, but doing the same 4-5 for each part can't be profiting me too much after all this time. Now that I'm done with that semester of school, I have some time to sit down and make another chart and crap.