Low T, Hashimoto - impossible to lose fat

Estrogosky

Awards
Hi all,

over the last years i have developed both hashiimoto hypotiroiditis (i am takin levothyroxine 75mcg x day) and low-normal T (300 ng/dl), and a...belly. I am now at 25% body fat and no matter how i try to reduce calories and do more sport, is almost impossible for me to reduce the body fat %.

is it due to my disadvantegeous hormonal situation and there is no solution?
i guess my metabolism is so slow i cannot reduce enough the calories to cause weight loss
thanks!

kyoryoko

Awards
How low have you gone? Also, sometimes we hold weight then one day we are lighter (after about 4-10 days of dieting).
Also, your metabolism could be just so low that it needs a bit of a restart. I don't remember what exactly the protocol is for that but you can try look it up. To me I think it's a bit of change in intensity and an increase in calories (a small increase, increase just a bit so that you aren't gaining any weight).
Also, if just started working out you may have experienced a wonderful thing where you can actually gain muscle and lose fat while your body is adjusting and thus your weight will not go anywhere.
Currently, I'm on a 600-800 calorie diet a day. I eat once before I workout (90 mins prior), about 400 cals, then about 200-400 calories after I work out. other than that I don't eat. My weight has not moved at all but I'm looking leaner. Sadly, if my weight doesn't move I may have serioiusly screwed my metabolism, but I'm only going to go with this another 2 weeks so I should be able to recover. I'll post my log when it's all said and done.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
How low have you gone? Also, sometimes we hold weight then one day we are lighter (after about 4-10 days of dieting).
Also, your metabolism could be just so low that it needs a bit of a restart. I don't remember what exactly the protocol is for that but you can try look it up. To me I think it's a bit of change in intensity and an increase in calories (a small increase, increase just a bit so that you aren't gaining any weight).
Also, if just started working out you may have experienced a wonderful thing where you can actually gain muscle and lose fat while your body is adjusting and thus your weight will not go anywhere.
Currently, I'm on a 600-800 calorie diet a day. I eat once before I workout (90 mins prior), about 400 cals, then about 200-400 calories after I work out. other than that I don't eat. My weight has not moved at all but I'm looking leaner. Sadly, if my weight doesn't move I may have serioiusly screwed my metabolism, but I'm only going to go with this another 2 weeks so I should be able to recover. I'll post my log when it's all said and done.
600 to 800 calories a day is absolutely rediculous for a 200 pound man...

kyoryoko

Awards
Yes it's very rough... Until I take my prework out food (with slinsane), then my preworkout stims i'm pretty much out of it entirely.
I'm pretty sure the OP hasn't gone that low but sometimes ppl have to do insane things to drop the weight

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yes it's very rough... Until I take my prework out food (with slinsane), then my preworkout stims i'm pretty much out of it entirely.
I'm pretty sure the OP hasn't gone that low but sometimes ppl have to do insane things to drop the weight
You're sure that's necessary?!

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
For god sakes stop doing that to your body, your gonna destroy your endocrine system in no time flat for what :damnit:

kyoryoko

Awards
Yea well I've tried loads of things. 6 hrs of tennis plus weights everyday. And then alternate hiit mornings. And still 200lbs at 18% is all I get. Even did keto. My body just likes fat lol.
So imma just strip it of everything.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yeah... unfortunately this has a 0 percent chance of success... Sorry man, you need to rethink this.