? on calorie defecit and exercise

1. Question ? on calorie defecit and exercise

So hopefully I can word this question so every one can understand. I know that for cutting you run 500 cal under maintainance. Is there a limit to how many calories you should be burning with exercise? I know this may sound like a goofy question but if you shouldnt have too much of a deficit with your intake I would think that how much your working out would play a factor too.

Im currently working out 2 days followed by 1 day off.(it revolves around my work schedule, I work 24hr shifts) Aiming for an hr to and hr and a half of cardio each day plus weights. Supps are at a minimum

Creatine
    OEP
    HgH UP
    Nitrix
    Liver Support

2. Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOGEMS View Post
    So hopefully I can word this question so every one can understand. I know that for cutting you run 500 cal under maintainance. Is there a limit to how many calories you should be burning with exercise? I know this may sound like a goofy question but if you shouldnt have too much of a deficit with your intake I would think that how much your working out would play a factor too.

Im currently working out 2 days followed by 1 day off.(it revolves around my work schedule, I work 24hr shifts) Aiming for an hr to and hr and a half of cardio each day plus weights. Supps are at a minimum

Creatine
    OEP
    HgH UP
    Nitrix
    Liver Support
    Actually, re cutting, you do NOT have to go up to 500 below Maintenance - anywhere from 200-500 calories less than Maintenance is fine; just depends on how fast you want to lose the weight.

There is no limit to how many calories you burn with exercise, no.

Yes, your exercise level will play a factor. In fact, when you calculate your Maintenance, your activity level plays an important role in the equation.

Also, it's not all about the caloric deficit re INTAKE - you can create a caloric deficit re ENERGY EXPENDITURE (and this is how I would recommend you do it). You could in fact just keep your calories at Maintenance for your CURRENT activity level and just add MORE exercise - probably from cardio, since you don't need to do more resistance work; too much and you won't let your body recover.

Re exercise, do NOT do weights EVERY day - stick to 4-5 times a week tops. Cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss, but if you do not usually do it, then you can add it in - you do NOT need 60-90 minutes a day, though.

I highly recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - this article contains all the information you need to know re nutrition and training for fat loss.

On another note, not sure why you are using Liver Support - if you want to use minimal supplements, you don't need this, since the rest of the supplements you're using are not hormonal. You also want to make sure that you're using a multivitamin, and if not supplementing with, getting all your good fats, protein, and BCAAs requirements/needs through your DIET.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

3. YOu gotta figure out how many calories your consuming each day, and you have to figure out what your BMR is. When you find a calculator for your BMR, you should also be able to add in exercise and figure out what your expending.

Hope this helps, a little.

EDIT: Never mind I see Rosie nailed it.
    •   

4. I am also taking Orange Triad and LG BCAAs.(forgot to put those down) I like the liver support just as a normal supp. The reason the cardio is up there is for getting my endurance up. Not so much for the weight loss. Though yes, it does play a factor. I mix up HITT and moderate intensitity

5. Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOGEMS View Post
    Thanks Rosie. Thats what I thought I just wanted to check
    No worries

Re Maintenance, there is a link in that article you can use to calculate an estimate of your Maintenance calories - if you're resistance training, then your activity level is "Very Active", just so you know if you use it.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

6. Anything short of maintanence pretty much aids in fat loss. However, it is important to not overdo it, like going for broke on cardio daily, or doing a whole week of supersets. Diet is still key when it comes to cutting, so the deficit in calories will play the biggest role. I can cut fat REALLY fast- which is why I am choosing to bulk (even though I should probably cut), but at the same time if you cut down too fast you are going to see a noticeable decrease in strength and muscle mass.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

Similar Forum Threads

1. calorie defecit ?
    By bigdognhb in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 10:30 AM
  2. A Calorie
    By SilverZ06 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 01:11 PM
  3. A Calorie is not a Calorie
    By CryingEmo in forum Nutrition / Health