? on calorie defecit and exercise

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.85%

Question ? on calorie defecit and exercise

So hopefully I can word this question so every one can understand. I know that for cutting you run 500 cal under maintainance. Is there a limit to how many calories you should be burning with exercise? I know this may sound like a goofy question but if you shouldnt have too much of a deficit with your intake I would think that how much your working out would play a factor too.

Im currently working out 2 days followed by 1 day off.(it revolves around my work schedule, I work 24hr shifts) Aiming for an hr to and hr and a half of cardio each day plus weights. Supps are at a minimum

Creatine
    OEP
    HgH UP
    Nitrix
    Liver Support

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOGEMS View Post
    So hopefully I can word this question so every one can understand. I know that for cutting you run 500 cal under maintainance. Is there a limit to how many calories you should be burning with exercise? I know this may sound like a goofy question but if you shouldnt have too much of a deficit with your intake I would think that how much your working out would play a factor too.

Im currently working out 2 days followed by 1 day off.(it revolves around my work schedule, I work 24hr shifts) Aiming for an hr to and hr and a half of cardio each day plus weights. Supps are at a minimum

Creatine
    OEP
    HgH UP
    Nitrix
    Liver Support
    Actually, re cutting, you do NOT have to go up to 500 below Maintenance - anywhere from 200-500 calories less than Maintenance is fine; just depends on how fast you want to lose the weight.

There is no limit to how many calories you burn with exercise, no.

Yes, your exercise level will play a factor. In fact, when you calculate your Maintenance, your activity level plays an important role in the equation.

Also, it's not all about the caloric deficit re INTAKE - you can create a caloric deficit re ENERGY EXPENDITURE (and this is how I would recommend you do it). You could in fact just keep your calories at Maintenance for your CURRENT activity level and just add MORE exercise - probably from cardio, since you don't need to do more resistance work; too much and you won't let your body recover.

Re exercise, do NOT do weights EVERY day - stick to 4-5 times a week tops. Cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss, but if you do not usually do it, then you can add it in - you do NOT need 60-90 minutes a day, though.

I highly recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - this article contains all the information you need to know re nutrition and training for fat loss.

On another note, not sure why you are using Liver Support - if you want to use minimal supplements, you don't need this, since the rest of the supplements you're using are not hormonal. You also want to make sure that you're using a multivitamin, and if not supplementing with, getting all your good fats, protein, and BCAAs requirements/needs through your DIET.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

YOu gotta figure out how many calories your consuming each day, and you have to figure out what your BMR is. When you find a calculator for your BMR, you should also be able to add in exercise and figure out what your expending.

Hope this helps, a little.

EDIT: Never mind I see Rosie nailed it.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.85%

I am also taking Orange Triad and LG BCAAs.(forgot to put those down) I like the liver support just as a normal supp. The reason the cardio is up there is for getting my endurance up. Not so much for the weight loss. Though yes, it does play a factor. I mix up HITT and moderate intensitity
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOGEMS View Post
    Thanks Rosie. Thats what I thought I just wanted to check
    No worries

Re Maintenance, there is a link in that article you can use to calculate an estimate of your Maintenance calories - if you're resistance training, then your activity level is "Very Active", just so you know if you use it.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Anything short of maintanence pretty much aids in fat loss. However, it is important to not overdo it, like going for broke on cardio daily, or doing a whole week of supersets. Diet is still key when it comes to cutting, so the deficit in calories will play the biggest role. I can cut fat REALLY fast- which is why I am choosing to bulk (even though I should probably cut), but at the same time if you cut down too fast you are going to see a noticeable decrease in strength and muscle mass.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

Similar Forum Threads

1. calorie defecit ?
    By bigdognhb in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 11:30 AM
  2. A Calorie
    By SilverZ06 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 02:11 PM
  3. A Calorie is not a Calorie
    By CryingEmo in forum Nutrition / Health