Do cheat meals reset metabolism?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey all on a cut right now-week 5 of 8. Have lost around 10lbs- mostly fat as my strength has stayed pretty much the same. My diet is clean for four days then recycle my carbs, eat clean another 3 days then cheat. I cheat DIRTY. With Ice cream and Cookies and the such......IS this good to reset my metabolism? I am assuming its fine as I have lost a good amount of fat from this cut, but I wanted yalls opinion

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe go 5 days, then a cheat meal. If your still losing weight, what your doing works, but once you hit a plateau, you must change an aspect of your diet plan.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't look at a carb-up as a "cheat" day. If your diet's sloppy, you'll look sloppy. Choose healthy carbs. Of course, this is all my opinion but it's how I approach it. LOL. But to answer your original question, as long as you are losing weight, yes. I'm at the point where my metabolism has stalled my fat loss despite (or because of) eating VERY few calories and regular bouts of cardio. The weekend carb-ups don't seem to be helping any longer. It's been about 6 months for me.

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
If your diet's sloppy, you'll look sloppy.
This is exactly what i was thinking

Some pros have sweet potatoes as a cheat and some have hamburgers with fries and a shake lol

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
As said above, after a while the same trick over and over will not work. I'm down to an all time leanness right now and still doing cheat days (thats right, all day), and continuing to drop. I know after a while these fantastic cheat day cannot continue but for now it's working great and will ride this wave as long as I can.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good....I am loosing...so I guess its working...Have shed about 12lbs in about 7 weeks so I am very happy and strength has stayed pretty much the same