1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Diet Ideas

Casein Shake: At night instead of my greek parfait... one of the better trainers mentioned a brand he gets at vitamin shoppe... Some kinda chocolate flavor that doesn't taste like farts. I'll try this with water or rice milk.

Cleaning up mid-day snack: Builder Bar has 20 grams of low-GI sugar... but its still sugar. Thinking of packing a snack - maybe tuna... Would prefer something non-perishable (that doesn't smell like ass)... Still thinking on this.

I'm thinking dinner will be pretty close to carb free. May try to weigh my chicken for awhile (need a food scale) to maintain a 50g portion. Spinach and salsa will accompany.

Lunch I'm thinking of bringing chicken + spinach + quinoa w/ salsa or low sugar BBQ sauce. I'd love this as compared to the sh*t food I'm subjected to at the cafeteria downstairs. Just need to make the time on Sunday to cook.

Supplementation... Looks like were going with the LG lineup - ASGT + Form - with ephedrine HCl kickers in the morning and late afternoon. Should be sufficient, but still worth hearing opinions.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Timber is back and even more hardcore than before! You got the training and diet down to the T. Looking forward to seeing some real dedicated progress man
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Timber is back and even more hardcore than before! You got the training and diet down to the T. Looking forward to seeing some real dedicated progress man
    More importantly... good to BE back. I'm stoked for this little slim down month, even though it will be torture at times I'm sure... I've gotten really used to my 3600 calories... and I really look forward to that granola and yogurt at night.

Last night I got 4-60 tab boxes of Primatene, baby aspirin, and a box of caffeine. If any of you are looking for a cheap caffeine fix - check out drugstore(.)com. They have a brand called Jet, that is the same as NoDoz for like a quarter of the price.

Copped some Brownie Dymatize just now at VS. Going to sub that in at the start of the slim for the month instead of my snack. Much better profile obviously, and should keep me satiated longer.

Ordered my LG Dankness yesterday. Slim Down will commence pretty much the day I receive it. Will continue with my baseline workouts until then - so will report on Chest later this evening and give you a rundown of my new core routine tomorrow morning after I train my clients.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    By the way Met, you have any current pics up? I need to make sure you're not starving yourself... Its been awhile since I last checked in on you. (you know, since that one time when I saved your life)
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

I met an amateur photographer at the gym a couple months back.. she took some photos (on the house) at the dungeon. She said she's all about taking some new ones after the slim down as well, which would be sweet.

Here's a couple from last month.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%

HI-YAAA!
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    By the way Met, you have any current pics up? I need to make sure you're not starving yourself... Its been awhile since I last checked in on you. (you know, since that one time when I saved your life)
    those pics look sick man!

No, I dont have any current ones up right now but I'm prob gonna do a transformation thread in the near future. Just been really busy with work. I havent had any time to log.

In your absence, I went from 160 to 190. I'd say about half of it was fat. I have since cut down to about 175ish. I am stronger than I was at 190 and look way leaner. Still a work in progress

Thanks for saving my Brad Pitt ass bra
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Looking good already can't wait to see the cut down. Diet looks solid. Rip it up man.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.42%

10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

looks great and welcome back!!!
    Working on living
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

May 21 Chest Workout

BB Incline Bench
    135*10, 185*8, 205*6, 205*5, 155*12

DB Incline Flies
    60s*8, 70s*8, 80s*5, 80s*4, 35s*20

Pec Deck
    10*160, 175, 190, 205

3 Tricep Exercises

Treadmill: 25 min / 10% / 3.8 MPH

Very hard to do treadmill the day after legs, but I'm going to attempt to get it in daily.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

By the way, found this cereal at Whole Foods... I'm going to sub this in for awhile with my yogurt. Packed with fiber, low sugar, and a great combination of grains. Haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

Was pretty inexpensive - serving size is also .5 cup as opposed to the granolas that report everything at .25 cup... so the calories and sugars are even less when you take that into account.

http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/muesl...icious-muesli/
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

[DB Incline Flies
    60s*8, 70s*8, 80s*5, 80s*4, 35s*20
    Uh........wow.
    D-d-d-dang brosenheimer!! Talk about Beast-Mode. Sheez. Heavy ass flies there Herr Timber.

And brutha-frum-anutha-mutha, you are looking lean and mean these days. It's easy to see what you've been up to. Hard ass training!!!

Oh, by the way, would you mind posting that top pic of you throwing the punch on photobucket. I would like to use it for my new avi. Just sayin'.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

Haha, TG - you're a crazy man..

If you woke up looking like me in that picture, you'd be like... WTF happened to all my mass?!
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.83%

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Uh........wow.
    D-d-d-dang brosenheimer!! Talk about Beast-Mode. Sheez. Heavy ass flies there Herr Timber.

And brutha-frum-anutha-mutha, you are looking lean and mean these days. It's easy to see what you've been up to. Hard ass training!!!

Oh, by the way, would you mind posting that top pic of you throwing the punch on photobucket. I would like to use it for my new avi. Just sayin'.
    you could find one on google hahaha
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.08%

Look good man but wondering did you do the calipers yourself? Everything I have ever seen would suggest you are closer to 12% in your before pics. A true 8% is very close to precontest shape.

This isn't meant to be a douche but I never trust those things because user error is such a big part that even the best results show a +2% tolerance but like you said you know the look you are going for so the numbers will be a measuring tool even if not 100% accurate. You are in that tough zone right now where it gets harder to get leaner. I'd work on heavy abd crunches to grow the muscles. You BF% is not high but you could use some more muscle in your abs and heavy (12 reps or so to failures) will get you there
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

I posted the measurement sites for the calipers in post one... My hip pinch is abnormally thin - which could increase the margin of error.

Thanks for the input - not concerned with anyone being a douche. Like I said - I can get another measurement done at the conclusion of my mini run here.

Should point out though - I'm not a body builder - and I'm definitely not going to attempt to increase the size of my abdominals. Wouldn't do much good on a calorie defecit anyway. I'm looking to decrease bodyfat by a couple percent - regardless of where I'm at now.

Not sure i agree with you on this being a tough spot to reduce bodyfat from. I'm eating 3600 calories - reducing that is fairly easy, and I'm ramping up the cardio significantly.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

And no - the calipers were done by a very good trainer at my gym. It was also done 6 weeks ago (around the time of the black and white pictures).
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.08%

Damn 3600 to lose??? I gain fat like a hippo on 3600 and I am 225-230!

What I said about ab size has nothing to do with bodybuilding but just in general, people who like to stay cut generally like to have abs that show and abs show better when they are larger they are just muscles like any other and larger muscles show better. I am not talking about growing the abdominal cavity or wall just the show pieces but this is a bit of a pet project of mine, that being to show people who wants better cuts/abs how useful heavy ab movements are in achieving their goals.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

Quote Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

What I said about ab size has nothing to do with bodybuilding but just in general, people who like to stay cut generally like to have abs that show and abs show better when they are larger they are just muscles like any other and larger muscles show better. I am not talking about growing the abdominal cavity or wall just the show pieces but this is a bit of a pet project of mine, that being to show people who wants better cuts/abs how useful heavy ab movements are in achieving their goals.
    No, 3600 is maintenence... 3100-3200 will be my goal for the next 4 weeks or so.

I train the core pretty hard, but more on the functional strength side. Higher reps with still heavy weights - goal being to be able to better absorb kicks and punches.

We'll see how this crap looks at the end. No sense in trying to bulk up the abdominals when on a defecit - but again, appreciate the input.

Not going to get too caught up in %s as a goal, being that the tests are (as you pointed out) somewhat inaccurate until you get a true displacement test. Judge will be the mirror.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%

Timber trains MMA. He needs way more calories just to function than most of us.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

I ran on the treadmill last night for 20 minutes to warm up for a sparring session that ended up lasting an hour...

"Accidently" have been on a calorie defecit for about 4 days now - and packed my lunch for work today (i.e. the final frontier in wholesome diet IMO)...

Regardless, woke up today at 186, and my usually tight waisted work pants (31") are freaking loose... and my abs were popping out way more than usual.

There's no way this lasts 4 weeks.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.08%

Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Timber trains MMA. He needs way more calories just to function than most of us.
    I'm a fat ass endo so that is out of my league. 3500 cals bulks me and makes me fat ha
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

My initial diet plan (weekdays)

Breakfast ~ 8:00AM
    Shake consisting of:
    • 1 cup Brown Rice Milk
    • 30g vanilla whey protein
    • 1/2 Banana
    • 1/2 cup Assorted Frozen Fruit (Blueberries, Strawberries, Pineapple)
    • 1 T. Frozen OJ Concentrate
    • 5g creatine

30P / 60C / 0F = 360 kcal

Lunch ~ 12:00PM
    • .25 cup (pre cook measure) quinoa
    • Spinach / mushrooms / onions
    • Chicken Breast

55P / 40C /2F = 398 kcal

Snack ~ 3:00PM
    • Chobani Pineapple Yogurt (not eating the pineapple syrup)

13P / 8C / 2.5F = 106 kcal

PreWO ~ 6:00PM
    • Shake as per breakfast (minus creatine)
    • 2 slices of whole wheat bread w/ half a banana and natural peanut butter

50P / 110C / 15F = 775 kcal

PostWO ~ 9:00PM
    • Shake as per breakfast (w/ creatine)

30P / 60C / 0F = 360 kcal

Dinner ~ 10:00PM
    • .25 cup (pre cook measure) quinoa
    • Spinach / mushrooms / onions
    • Chicken Breast

55P / 40C /2F = 398 kcal

Snack ~ 11:30PM
    • 1/2 c brown rice milk
    • 1 c water
    • 1.5 scoops Dymatize 12 hr

32P / 12C / 3F = 197 kcal

265P / 330C / 22F = 1060 + 1320 + 198 = 2578 kcal

Looks way too low, which explains why I'm starving right now. I'm thinking of expanding the midday snack - 100 calories is ludacris. I also feel somewhat guilty about my PreWO meal being so large (and delicious)...
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

I'm a fat ass endo so that is out of my league. 3500 cals bulks me and makes me fat ha
    I have this weird affliction where I like to work out daily too... w/ cardio as well - so some of that calorie intake has to be attributed to my activity level. My metabolism can't take credit for all of it.

One of these days I just want to sit down and eat 3600 kcal worth of Skittles.. just because I can.

Good to have you here dude.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%

Why do you take your creatine in the AM rather than pre/post workout?

Just looking at that many skittles would make me want to vomit.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

Why do you take your creatine in the AM rather than pre/post workout?

Had to fix that... errant copy / paste.

I take 5 grams w/ breakfast, and 5 grams post workout daily.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%

Had to fix that... errant copy / paste.

I take 5 grams w/ breakfast, and 5 grams post workout daily.
    That makes more sense.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.23%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Sounds good man, abs already coming in better is always a good thing.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.83%

Wish i had that problem
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%

Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Wish i had that problem
    Seriously. I have to gorge to grow, and starve to cut. My body likes homeostasis I guess.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.13%

One of these days I just want to sit down and eat 3600 kcal worth of Skittles.. just because I can.
    Drop the Skittles and substitute them with candy corn.......

Regurgitation averted.

33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.13%

Seriously. I have to gorge to grow, and starve to cut. My body likes homeostasis I guess.
    Same here. My body is influenced by extremes. Can't seem to notice anything from small differentials. Must go overboard.

34. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.45%

Well gaining th fat is easy for me. Too bad losing it is hard.
    Being endo sux. I'm barely holding on to my 18% now lol.
    Good luck with the rest of the cut.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

So tomorrow we'll try a little something different...

Either 2% Greek Yogurt or FF Cottage Cheese - mixed with 20g of Chocolate Whey (cottage cheese might taste like ass - will report back)

Once I kill off this loaf of bread, my PreWO meal will be replaced with Irish Oats and 25g of whey...

Intention is to keep dinner carbohydrate light or free (i.e. <10g)
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

Quote Originally Posted by kyoryoko View Post
    Well gaining th fat is easy for me. Too bad losing it is hard.
    Being endo sux. I'm barely holding on to my 18% now lol.
    Good luck with the rest of the cut.
    There's ways around everything man... Let me know if I can help.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

Also... not sure if you guys noticed, but I have yet to use the dreaded "C Word" that everyone else keeps muttering.

I've been a fighter... I've done a "C Word"... and I will never do a "C Word" again.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.82%

Also... not sure if you guys noticed, but I have yet to use the dreaded "C Word" that everyone else keeps muttering.

I've been a fighter... I've done a "C Word"... and I will never do a "C Word" again.
    Seriously. F*ck cutting unless you are a model or in a contest. Recomp all the way. Slow and Steady wins the race.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.09%

Seriously. F*ck cutting unless you are a model or in a contest. Recomp all the way. Slow and Steady wins the race.
    Yeah, this is a bit more aggressive than a recomp I suppose, but I'm never fat enough to require a "C" in my opinion.
  40. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Yeah, this is a bit more aggressive than a recomp I suppose, but I'm never fat enough to require a "C" in my opinion.
    Bleh. I am "C-Wording" myself into oblivion for an upcoming competition. At this point, I feel quite grumpy: my "C-word" of a diet can go "F" a "D" in its own "A" and then "L" a "P n' A" until it "F'ing" "S's"....

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fort Hood massacre
    By lennoxchi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. Timber's Epi Smash
    By TimberLakers in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2073
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:56 AM
  3. Timber's T-911 Review
    By TimberLakers in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 11