So Fat

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So very frustrated right now. I am arguably in the best shape of my life right now but I am still struggling with fat. I am 6'3-4 236lbs 25yrs. Powerlifter at heart but currently working on conditioning and all around fitness. Workout at least 4x a week mixing cardio/strength. A lot of stabilization focus as well. I am a big guy but don't look as hard as I'd like. Diet I'd very clean, high protein, healthy fat. Tried both low and high carb but my middle still pouches out. I hate stims but really could use a push, I've used clen many years ago but actually gained weight. Thought about T3 or PGCL but not really sure. Just had bloodwork and everything looked good, doc said my TSH was a little high and will keep an eye on it. Any opinions on T3 or PGCL???

srykerman

Awards
lots of cardio-keto diet. if you are going to run t3 i would do a ph such as hdrol to keep muscle. t3 is very catabolic by itself. don't know s@#t about pgcl. good luck and dont give up! :)

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Id say your best bet is a high protein calorie deficit. I struggle with fat, but when I use anything to help with "fat loss" it counteracts my progress

steakboy

keeping muscle and losing fat is tricky business... most can't do it successfully. The diet is primarily the biggest factor here, and training is secondary. Not to say you should be slacking on your training, but training should be the second thing on your mind next to diet. I found that what works well for me to get leaned up is a good mix between cardio, GPP, and moderate hypertrophy training. You need to do some heavy weights even with a calorie deficit to make sure you're not going catabolic, but not all the time. Just enough to keep strong, and not lose muscle. I'm on the anabolic diet right now and it's working pretty good... not losing fat FAST, but at a nice progressive pace, which is what i want... but then again my goals are different, and my body is different.

If your training is where is should be, and you feel you're not losing it fast enough, take a check at the diet. work the numbers and make sure you're getting your macros and calories correct. there's many calculators on the net to help you figure out what numbers you need to hit to start losing fat.

if all else fails... add in some thermogenic compounds. ephedrine or albuterol, yohimbine, green tea extract, caffeine... maybe some CLA's and R-ALA.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
keeping muscle and losing fat is tricky business... most can't do it successfully. The diet is primarily the biggest factor here, and training is secondary. Not to say you should be slacking on your training, but training should be the second thing on your mind next to diet. I found that what works well for me to get leaned up is a good mix between cardio, GPP, and moderate hypertrophy training. You need to do some heavy weights even with a calorie deficit to make sure you're not going catabolic, but not all the time. Just enough to keep strong, and not lose muscle. I'm on the anabolic diet right now and it's working pretty good... not losing fat FAST, but at a nice progressive pace, which is what i want... but then again my goals are different, and my body is different.

If your training is where is should be, and you feel you're not losing it fast enough, take a check at the diet. work the numbers and make sure you're getting your macros and calories correct. there's many calculators on the net to help you figure out what numbers you need to hit to start losing fat.

if all else fails... add in some thermogenic compounds. ephedrine or albuterol, yohimbine, green tea extract, caffeine... maybe some CLA's and R-ALA.

^^^ NICE!

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
what is best site to get good info on anabolic diet

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
Ive used t3 a several times and never experienced more than id say about 3lbs of muscle loss, if anything they looked bigger afterwards because they became more defined. Id say give the clen or albuterol/t3 a try at a low dosage of no more than 50mcg a day for about 6weeks, along with a 500-1000 calorie deficit for a couple of months. Worked perfect for me. and watch the fat intake. I know what you mean about that mid-section that just wont go away, but think about it this way- Thats your bodies fat storage, so if your burning more than you consume, then where does your body go to look for food? straight to its fat storage! I garentee you if you follow the calorie deficit you will see results in jus days. Just remember when you cheat your only cheating yourself (except on cheat days).

bubagump

Awards
Ive used t3 a several times and never experienced more than id say about 3lbs of muscle loss, if anything they looked bigger afterwards because they became more defined. Id say give the clen or albuterol/t3 a try at a low dosage of no more than 50mcg a day for about 6weeks, along with a 500-1000 calorie deficit for a couple of months. Worked perfect for me. and watch the fat intake. I know what you mean about that mid-section that just wont go away, but think about it this way- Thats your bodies fat storage, so if your burning more than you consume, then where does your body go to look for food? straight to its fat storage! I garentee you if you follow the calorie deficit you will see results in jus days. Just remember when you cheat your only cheating yourself (except on cheat days).
Same here and used t3 several times along with lots of cardio 2x a day and a 500cal deicit with a keto diet and made some real progress. Last year i started in april @ 240 and by end of june was down to 190. I started @ 285 a few years ago and every spring/summer i run a t3,keto super cut as i like to call it for a few months. Starting now @ 215 and think i should be down to a good cut 175-180 ish, we shal see..

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Small Calorie Deficit + Protein + Lifting = Fat loss with minimal muscle loss

Takes time....and that is the problem for most people (including myself at times)

hli1022

Awards
So very frustrated right now. I am arguably in the best shape of my life right now but I am still struggling with fat. I am 6'3-4 236lbs 25yrs. Powerlifter at heart but currently working on conditioning and all around fitness. Workout at least 4x a week mixing cardio/strength. A lot of stabilization focus as well. I am a big guy but don't look as hard as I'd like. Diet I'd very clean, high protein, healthy fat. Tried both low and high carb but my middle still pouches out. I hate stims but really could use a push, I've used clen many years ago but actually gained weight. Thought about T3 or PGCL but not really sure. Just had bloodwork and everything looked good, doc said my TSH was a little high and will keep an eye on it. Any opinions on T3 or PGCL???
i wouldnt do a pgcl cycle. the stuff is too new and only a few people have ran it so far. plus unless you are home all day, the pgcl gives almost all users diaherra.

hli1022

Awards
i would go this route too. some t3/clen will do you wonders. you cant really choose where you lose your fat from. but if you are really looking to blast some fat from your midsection, i would try the dermatherm target from PP. great product.