gaining muscle/losing fat

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

gaining muscle/losing fat

is it possible to do at the same time?

is there a site i can go to and find out my diet? i just readjusted from a site and told me i was 600 short of what i should of been eating.

thanks

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by manosduras View Post

is there a site i can go to and find out my diet? i just readjusted from a site and told me i was 600 short of what i should of been eating.

thanks
    whats are you stats and are you planning on using ph?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

your going to need help to really do it. PH, T, etc. Eating right will be the key.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

thanks
    You want to recomp (i.e. gain muscle and lose bodyfat simultaneously). Yes, it IS possible. However, it is a very slow and long process, You have to be patient. And usually only experiences trainees are successful at this, since it requires perfect manipulation of your nutrition - nutrition is the key to recomping (along with training, as a secondary factor). Recomping is not for the beginner or newbie.

There are many tools such as sites and programmes that you can use re diet and calories, etc. Just do a search for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hli1022 View Post
    ...are you planning on using ph?
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    your going to need help to really do it. PH, T, etc...
    Guys, you do NOT need to use prohormones or hormonal products to successfully recomp (you can do it with nutrition, training, and the basic staples if you know what you're doing and how to do it properly)!

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post
    Guys, you do NOT need to use prohormones or hormonal products to successfully recomp (you can do it with nutrition, training, and the basic staples if you know what you're doing and how to do it properly)!

~Team APPNUT
    +100! totally agree!
    Recomp needs a lot of work, but it can be done.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post

~Team APPNUT
    I think you misunderstood me. I didnt mean that you absolutely need PH or AS to do a recomp. I was asking you if you were planning on using it in your recomp plan.

Usually, if you are a beginner or an athlete coming back from a long-term injury, losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is easier. But again, we need some stats to work off of.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Bro look up harris benidect formula, it factors in age, weight, hieght and the amount of exercise u do in a week and tells u how many cals u burn a day....n to recomp just eat cals to maintain ur bodywieght...ex. if u burn 3000 cals a day then eat 3000
  8. Registered User
    Answers

anabolic diet, or carb cycling works well for me, natadrol and pink magic when its released are natural and have worked great with those diets for recomping for me, but these are not needed once you figure out how to properly manipulate your diet to make ur body do what you want..
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bboyflash View Post
    Bro look up harris benidect formula, it factors in age, weight, hieght and the amount of exercise u do in a week and tells u how many cals u burn a day....n to recomp just eat cals to maintain ur bodywieght...ex. if u burn 3000 cals a day then eat 3000
    its not always just that simple u gotta factor in how ur body reacts to each type of calories, my body hates carbs! lol
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by srgraham69 View Post
    its not always just that simple u gotta factor in how ur body reacts to each type of calories, my body hates carbs! lol
    try some glycobol. its pretty good for people who are carb sensitive.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

try some glycobol. its pretty good for people who are carb sensitive.
    yeah i've got some slin-sane on the way. I mostly just cut carbs outta my diet tho when i'm recomping just carbs pre- and post-workout.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by srgraham69 View Post
    yeah i've got some slin-sane on the way. I mostly just cut carbs outta my diet tho when i'm recomping just carbs pre- and post-workout.
    thats good. that will ensure that you will recover fast enough without having the carbs spill over.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

hey thanks for the replys. i shouldof been checking more. sorry to keep anyone hanging.i did the Harris Benedict Formula and found out i was way under my %20,almost double that.. things just didnt seem right.gains werent showing,really didnt feel like i was getting a good workout. i went from 185 to 211 at this moment.

im 6'1",211 and 41 male. it said i should be taking 3144 but im just gonna start with a %10 decrease to 2800 and see how that goes.

only supps i take are whey protein,protein isolate(wheat isolate),labrada super charge,betancourt reaccelerator and the usp stack but i havent cracked the jack container yet till the labrada is out.

one problem is i just eat to many carbs i think,but i keep it to breakfast and lunch.

if im still doing something you think can be change please let me know.

appreciate all the responses.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

whats your bf% and how long have you been training for?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

im at 21% bf. ive been training for about just over two years.i was training diferently before because i was 260,so i was supersetting a full body workout(light dumbells and body weight) and doing cardio on two off days. got down to 185 so i wanted to gain muscle and lose body fat. i can say that some of the weight from 185 to 211 is muscle but definitley not all of it of course. thats been about 6 months of 3 day circuit- chest,tri/back arms/shoulder legs.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

im at 21% bf. ive been training for about just over two years.i was training diferently before because i was 260,so i was supersetting a full body workout(light dumbells and body weight) and doing cardio on two off days. got down to 185 so i wanted to gain muscle and lose body fat. i can say that some of the weight from 185 to 211 is muscle but definitley not all of it of course. thats been about 6 months of 3 day circuit- chest,tri/back arms/shoulder legs.
    thats a good plan. i would start with the full body with two to three days of cardio. then after 3-4 weeks move to a upper/lower split.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Getting Ignited! Finaflex N.O. Ignite (sponsored)
    Could try something like the workouts I've got posted in this log, M/W/F full body heavy sets and drop sets. T/TH/Sat abs and cardio. Could look into a keto style diet or carb cycling diet and give it a run to see how ur body reacts to it.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

thats a good plan. i would start with the full body with two to three days of cardio. then after 3-4 weeks move to a upper/lower split.
    ill give that a look over.

i have kind of neglected my cardio days lately.i do interval sprints up a mountain thats across the street. i walk on northern cut backs and sprint on southern cut backs. probably that cut back and the too high of calorie deficite is what has killed my with the sudden poundage.

just gonna get back on the horse and do that %10 calorie def and see were that goes.

thanks.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

thanks srgrahamthanks, just bookmarked it for later but i gotta run.

appreciate the feedback guys.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

The reason why I mention PH / T is because of the title of his post. Gain muscle/losing fat.

I have done it naturally(basic supps) but it is dam near impossible. I was eating a perfect diet, 3200 cals on train days and 2600 on non. carido in the morning for 45-70min and lifting in the evening for 40-55min. I would eat 65% of my carbs Post WO, and would do longer cardio sessions in the am if i was gaining any fat.

In 8wks i lost about 3% bf and gained 2lbs of muscle. Pretty much stayed between 184-186. It was hell, i didnt have a job and thats why i had the time.

If you live any sort of normal lifestyle and cant workout 2hrs 5 days a wk you have to resort to other manners. If i was on the Tren/H drol cycle i am now and did the exact same thing i bet the results would of been triple.

If you have dont like anything like PH's I would do a bulk cycle for 10-16 wks and than cut for 6-10wks to rid BF. Do this back and forth. Jus take pro, creatine, glut, BCAA, multi.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 02:22 PM
  2. Best stack for losing fat gaining Muscle
    By samva777 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
  3. Gaining muscle while losing fat
    By savagery in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 11:12 PM