weight staying the same but getting leaner?!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey my diet looks like this carbs 125-150 days 1-4 day 5 I recarb up-350-400 carbs and repeat on off days (once a week) I take in 100g's carbs. Lift weights hard then do a 15 minute session of HIIT on either elipticals or treadmill cardio 7 days a week.....I will be cutting back to 5 this week. I am on week 4 as of now... Protien is 225-250g's and fats 60-80g's (All clean). So I started at 224 now I am down to 219 or 220 and it is staying...historically for me in cuts I loose loose loose. But My weight is staying the same but I feel and look leaner.....wtf is going on?

Manko Oyaji

Awards
How long have you been on the cut? I find it takes about a week to a couple of weeks to see results. Going from 7 days to 5 days sounds to me like a lot of cardio and HIIT as well. What does your bodyfat reading say? If you dont have some calipers I would just get some and measure one or two sites week to week to see if you are losing bodyfat and not muscle.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
been on it for 3 full weeks now..... I do not know how to use calipers, but I do not my pants are fitting better! if you would explain how to use em that would be sweet.....but my strength is the same too. Yeah 7 days is TOO much cardio...just get obsessive with it, so I am cutting it back to five

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey my diet looks like this carbs 125-150 days 1-4 day 5 I recarb up-350-400 carbs and repeat on off days (once a week) I take in 100g's carbs. Lift weights hard then do a 15 minute session of HIIT on either elipticals or treadmill cardio 7 days a week.....I will be cutting back to 5 this week. I am on week 4 as of now... Protien is 225-250g's and fats 60-80g's (All clean). So I started at 224 now I am down to 219 or 220 and it is staying...historically for me in cuts I loose loose loose. But My weight is staying the same but I feel and look leaner.....wtf is going on?
You're losing fat and gaining some lean mass - that's the only explanation for getting leaner without losing body mass.

~Team APPNUT

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
sounds like what most people try very hard to do; Recomp

kyoryoko

Awards
That's great man. Recomp.
The cardio is helping I guess eh :)

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess....I didnt even set out for recomp....but hell if I gain some lean mass while loosing this gut I got from eating 5k calories on a prohormone cycle then I aint complaining. I guess that is the only explination since I am not getting any weaker, and I am looking leaner and leaner....SWEET

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess....I didnt even set out for recomp....but hell if I gain some lean mass while loosing this gut I got from eating 5k calories on a prohormone cycle then I aint complaining. I guess that is the only explination since I am not getting any weaker, and I am looking leaner and leaner....SWEET
You're using hormonals - which could very well play a role in it; even if you're eating over Maintenance with hormonals, with some, you get a recomp effect more than a straight cut or bulk. Also the fact that you are calorie/carbohydrate cycling - which is the most effective method re nutrition for recomping.

~Team APPNUT

kyoryoko

Awards
Ph plus carb cycling. Awesome nutrient partitioning. Good job dude :)

steakboy

he said he was eating 5k calories and taking PH. I'm assuming that cycle is over and you're trying to lose the excess fat after your cycle, right?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Good Job with tha Recomp!!!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes the cycle is over and I am attempting to loose excesses. NOt on any hormonals now except ZMA which I dont even consider in the hormonal cat. even tough it is....slightly...

steakboy

if you're recomping without hormones... you could very well be genetically AWESOME lol

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
It's awesome when you can do this isn't it bro? Haha.

Mindless

Awards
BREAKING NEWS!!!

yes the cycle is over and I am attempting to loose excesses. NOt on any hormonals now except ZMA which I dont even consider in the hormonal cat. even tough it is....slightly...
Everybody listen up!
We have news for you: ZMA is a Prohormone!
:sgrin:

steakboy

Everybody listen up!
We have news for you: ZMA is a Prohormone!
:sgrin:
Says otherwise on wikipedia... i've never heard raving reviews about it, honestly.

Scientific studies

A 1999 study was undertaken on NCAA Football players during an 8 week spring training program. The control group was told to cease taking any nutritional supplements. Those who took the ZMA tablets showed greater increases in muscle strength[citation needed]. This study was funded by SNAC Systems Inc. (the patent holders) and one of the study's authors (Victor Conte) has equity in this company.

In 2004, a study funded by a research grant from Cytodyne (another supplement producing company) with 42 resistance trained males showed that ZMA supplementation had no significant effects on total and free testosterone, IGF-1, growth hormone, cortisol, the ratio of cortisol to testosterone, or muscle and liver enzymes in response to training. No significant effects were observed in changes in strength, upper or lower body muscle endurance, or anaerobic sprint capacity [3].

In another study done in 2006, a team of German scientists conducted a study on the effect of ZMA and testosterone levels in the body[4]. The result showed an increase in zinc secretions in urine making it much darker like blood, but no effect on the level of testosterone in the body.

Mindless

Awards
Says otherwise on wikipedia... i've never heard raving reviews about it, honestly.

Scientific studies

A 1999 study was undertaken on NCAA Football players during an 8 week spring training program. The control group was told to cease taking any nutritional supplements. Those who took the ZMA tablets showed greater increases in muscle strength[citation needed]. This study was funded by SNAC Systems Inc. (the patent holders) and one of the study's authors (Victor Conte) has equity in this company.

In 2004, a study funded by a research grant from Cytodyne (another supplement producing company) with 42 resistance trained males showed that ZMA supplementation had no significant effects on total and free testosterone, IGF-1, growth hormone, cortisol, the ratio of cortisol to testosterone, or muscle and liver enzymes in response to training. No significant effects were observed in changes in strength, upper or lower body muscle endurance, or anaerobic sprint capacity [3].

In another study done in 2006, a team of German scientists conducted a study on the effect of ZMA and testosterone levels in the body[4]. The result showed an increase in zinc secretions in urine making it much darker like blood, but no effect on the level of testosterone in the body.
I was being sarcastic....;)